ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Floyd rumor

vmax

There is a radio and internet rumor from last night that Floyd got on a plane heading for Baltimore.

Mason is visiting the Yets so maybe he knows the door is closed here.

We just might see some action at WR today.

There are still other teams on the line, but the Baltimore Ravens appear to be the leader to acquire Floyd. The Ravens made Floyd an offer late Monday night that tops the $3 million per year that is the Chargers' ceiling.

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2011/aug/03/robinson-floyd-closer-out/

Edited by vmax

Aug. 03, 2011 11:56 p.m. - by Jason Butt - Report: Ravens offer Floyd $3 million per year

WR Malcom Floyd may have received an offer he can't refuse. The Ravens have offered Floyd over $3 million per year, according to the San Diego Union-Tribune. If the Ravens obtain him, Floyd would balance the offensive attack out with his ability to stretch defenses down the field.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/rapid-reports/team/BAL

I don't know if I want him but only 1 vet WR starting is a scary propspect.

Can Smith and Doss and Dickson get it done along with Bouldin?

6 minutes ago - by Jason Butt - Lots to cheer about at Ravens practice

There have been plenty of spectacular plays Thursday: WR LaQuan Williams made a one-handed catch off a desperation throw from QB Tyrod Taylor. TE Ed Dickson leaped over S Tom Zbikowski for a score. Zbikowski then returned the favor with a one-armed interception a couple of plays later. Ravens RapidReports

9 minutes ago - by Jason Butt - WR Torrey Smith rejoins first team

WR Torrey Smith is back with the first team Thursday. He and QB Joe Flacco are having much better rhythm than previous days. Smith was also applauded by the coaching staff for his run blocking. He seems to be catching on quickly to the offense. Ravens RapidReports

1 minute ago - by Jason Butt - TE Dickson looking good so far

TE Ed Dickson is an intriguing piece to Baltimore's offensive puzzle this season. He's had limited game experience but has shown flashes of having favorable mismatches against safeties in man coverage. It's early, but he has performed well since camp opened

Got to make the call and find out if Randy Moss can still run.

He can't. You saw him last year with the Titans.

\He's just a name and a memory. He's got tons of money...why come out for the vet min.

That ship has definately sailed.

It's looking like this might be the answer if Derriks ego can handle it...

Safety Haruki Nakamura doesn’t have a say, but he did put in a vote for Mason.

“You get a guy like that to come back, you’re just adding to your arsenal,” Nakamura said. “The fact that the chemistry between [Joe] Flacco and Mason has been great, that speaks for itself.”

Baltimore could opt to turn to its young receivers, Harbaugh pointed out.

Second-rounder Torrey Smith has shown flashes of his deep-play potential with superb speed. He’s also had some early highlight-reel snags. Fourth-rounder Tandon Doss has impressed with his sticky hands and route-running.

“We did draft them because we thought they were guys that would get up to speed quickly,” Harbaugh said. “The history is guys can play right out of the gate. We’re not going to lower the bar.”

http://blogs.baltimoreravens.com/2011/08/05/ravens-have-room-for-a-wr/

Mase, Smith and Doss...with Mase playing a lesser role.

Masons ego won't let him be a #3....insurance guy.

The Ravens have to force defenses to defend the whole field...not just the first 12 yards.

I completely agree. He wants to start and he wants to win championships. The first eliminates the Jets and the latter eliminates the Titans (I think...they do have Hasselbeck so maybe that will sway him). I think he will be back, and at this point I welcome it. Phase in the young guys during the season. I have to admit though, I am intrigued by Cotchery. I was surprised to see the Jets let him go..he has shown a lot of promise in the past.

We have no money, they couldnt get Ngata restructured,,Christ do we even have money for Mason?

I thought we had 3.5 left. I don't know why it's taking so long for Ozzie and Co to redo Ngata's deal. Are they still so far apart that they couldn't finalize it quickly enough to snag Floyd? If that's the case this is a big FAIL by the FO.

I thought we had 3.5 left. I don't know why it's taking so long for Ozzie and Co to redo Ngata's deal. Are they still so far apart that they couldn't finalize it quickly enough to snag Floyd? If that's the case this is a big FAIL by the FO.

Looks like the Ravens offered Floyd more money...he just wanted to stay in SD.