ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Week 1: Ravens vs Jets

vmax

See the source image

7 point favorites.

They don't want to sacrifice Wilson to the Ravens defense and ruin his mind.

Image result for Baltimore Ravens vs Jets "Hmmmmm,,,,His Mom looks sweet!"

Looks like January Joe Flacco will start. The problem for the Jets is that he doesn't have Boldin, Smith or Jones. Last years Ravens XFL roster could win this game even thought the Jets have improved. 

See the source image

Matchup Predictor

BALNYJ

26.0%73.5

1:00 PM ET September 11, 2022 Coverage: CBS

I don't sleep on any games. No matter how much I think the Ravens will win, I get nervous by kickoff. :laugh: 

Depth Chart....squint to read'''''

nsglym64h8xpqzwyfu2j.jpg

When you have a team like this that has gone into multiple seasons with big expectations on being there at the end of the year, do you ever get the sense that the team has an impatience getting to those big picture goals? _(Childs Walker) _"It's a great question. The answer is not really, because you just can't afford to. Mark [Andrews] said it coming off the field here, 'Every game in the National Football League is a massive challenge.' Every game, all teams bring everything they've got, and they're all very talented teams. You have to be your best – and it's not just being your best in terms of being fired up, or being emotionally ready or being tough – you have to be at your best execution-wise. You have to be on point, you have to be sharp in order to win the game. You have to play winning football, and that's a challenge every single week. So, I think the guys understand the magnitude of the challenge every single week. The openers are always different. The opener is the opener, and you never really know where you're at until you play the first real game. You get a sense in the preseason a little bit, but until you line up against somebody for real, you don't really know where you're at. Then, you kind of go from there, and all of a sudden, things are going fast. So, they'll be doing things that we haven't practiced for that they've been practicing. We'll be doing things for sure that they haven't seen that we've been practicing. That's just the way openers are. Really, the first few weeks of the season are like that, then everybody kind of settles down into what they are. So, we have our work cut out for us – so do they. It's an opener."

One More.....From Houston....

""I'm a big believer in 'The power of the tongue speaks life and death [Proverbs 18:21],' so we're going to get that ring this year. I'm tired of hoping and wishing. We're going to get it. I'm going to speak it into existence. That means everything. That's why we're here; that's why you work together as one team, as one goal. The common goal is to get that ring. That's why I'm here still playing, still chasing that ring. I haven't had that opportunity. I came close, but I think this year, by far, this will be my best year and our best year as a team to get that ring.":gorave:

The Jets had the worst defense in the NFL last year in total yards and points surrendered. They obviously are rebuilding it with guys like Sauce yet....they were terrible...last..... Stinking bad. 28th scoring offense. 

Ravens Depth Chart | Baltimore Ravens – baltimoreravens.com

Jeff Zrebiec • TweetShift
BOT
 — Today at 2:09 PM
Ravens have everybody but DT Travis Jones (knee) practicing. Another practice note is Kyle Fuller has changed his number to 23.

Jeff Zrebiec • TweetShift
BOT
 — Today at 2:28 PM
Ravens OLB Tyus Bowser, who is on the PUP list and not eligible to play until Week 5, was working out on the field. First time he's been out there in front of media and he was moving around well. Ravens hopeful that he'll be ready to go as soon as he's eligible to play.

@AlbertBreer
Ravens QB Lamar Jackson will make $23.016 million on his fifth-year option. After the season, the Ravens could ...

• Put the non-exclusive tag on him (that # would $29.7M right now).

• Put the exclusive tag on him (that # would be $45.5M right now).
[5:05 PM]
The difference b/w the tags, of course, is the non-exclusive tag allows him to negotiate with other teams and sign an offer sheet with one (which gives the Ravens the chance to match or bring back two first-round picks).

"Those things will work themselves out in the end. I'm confident in that," Harbaugh said. "I said at the beginning that it will happen when it's time, and when it's time it will happen. Lamar is playing quarterback, he's going to be playing quarterback here for a long time. He and I talked about it yesterday a little bit, like, 'Hey man, let's go be our best, and go focus on football.' That's what he's been doing all along, so I know nothing will change with that."

It's a new team and a new season. Lot of 1st time Ravens players to watch and hopefully enjoy. Moses, James, Linderbaum, Hamilton, Fuller, Robinson, Likely, Davis, Drake, Stout, Williams.... Others we may see are Faalele, Ross, Welch, ...and....and...new DC Macdonald. What kind of game will he call? (edited)
[7:46 AM]
Print out your roster card now.

Now....if this happens then the Ravens and Lamar....and us :yeah:... will be very happy. Here's the Saturday morning Purple Kool Aid....

:gorave::leon1:

Happy Game Day!!!

How can a man turn down a 250 million offer like what's being reported that Lamar turned down? You know 100+ is guaranteed. Lamar is crazy to think that he's getting a Watson deal.

I would not tag him next season that's 42-46 mil direct cap hit. I guess we better start paying attention to some college games and scouting some QBs. Here's hoping Tua lights it up and keeps Lamar out of Miami.

55 minutes ago, cravnravn said:

Happy Game Day!!!

How can a man turn down a 250 million offer like what's being reported that Lamar turned down? You know 100+ is guaranteed. Lamar is crazy to think that he's getting a Watson deal.

I would not tag him next season that's 42-46 mil direct cap hit. I guess we better start paying attention to some college games and scouting some QBs. Here's hoping Tua lights it up and keeps Lamar out of Miami.

Def tag him then trade him for the best return.  They can give lamar the insane deal he wants and he can lose with them.

1 hour ago, tsylvester said:

It all depends on the pass rush; can the Ravens generate it & can they prevent it when on offense?

Either way, it's game day!

Some.major upsets in college ball this weekend, teams were clearly not ready to play, others, played well above their talent level...

Their tackles are crap so the edge is vulnerable.