ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Week 4 Ravens vs Bills

vmax

See the source image

Let this sink in. Read it slowly. The Ravens have the worst defense in the NFL giving up 458 yards per game. The Raven D is 25th in points surrendered at 25.7
They have worst passing defense in the NFL at 353.3 yards per game.

giphy.webp

OH! The Bills are coming to town. With the #2 offense in yards per game. The #3 scoring offense at 30.3 points per game. The #1 defense at 214 yards per game. And the #4 defense in points surrendered at 12.7 per game.

tenor.gif

"How do you like our chances, John?"

giphy.webp

grouch.jpg "That was helpful."

Somehow the Ravens are getting 3 points and ESPN has the Ravens with a 54.2 win %. 

e4d7aeca7375846f3203cef401e1b273.jpg

:cop:  Of course, I think the Ravens will kick the Bills ass! :gorave:

Brady, hall of Fame, Roger's, hall of fame, combined for 27 pts this past week end.

My point, anything is possible, right!?

Get the popcorn, the Cheeze Its, maybe some pizza and bread sticks. Wash it down with your favorite beverage, enjoy the fire works for what ever team (s) create them, and savor the game as you do the meal...

1 hour ago, GrubberRaven said:

Well, we did drop a lot of points on Miami's D and the Bills were not able to, so we have that going for us, which is nice?

Yes!

The Truth: Lamar Jackson has spent his career doing things nobody in the NFL has ever done.

FdlruBUWQAQIlgu?format=jpg&name=small

And this game is not a prime-time game! The fucking Broncos, the most boring team in football have 7 prime time games! 

9OMLxA&pid=ImgRaw&r=0

And Bateman did not fumble that ball. It was not a catch!

11 minutes ago, vmax said:

Yes!

The Truth: Lamar Jackson has spent his career doing things nobody in the NFL has ever done.

FdlruBUWQAQIlgu?format=jpg&name=small

And this game is not a prime-time game! The fucking Broncos, the most boring team in football have 7 prime time games! 

9OMLxA&pid=ImgRaw&r=0

And Bateman did not fumble that ball. It was not a catch!

Max,  I too wondered about the Bateman "fumble".  I don't think he possessed ball long enough to be called a fumble; should have been ruled an incomplete pass.    

1 hour ago, varaven45 said:

Max,  I too wondered about the Bateman "fumble".  I don't think he possessed ball long enough to be called a fumble; should have been ruled an incomplete pass.    

Hey va! Harbaugh is waiting on the league's response. He has to be careful with what he says. 

Jeff Zrebiec • [2:42 PM]
Harbaugh said he's yet to hear an explanation from league about Bateman's fumble. The Ravens didn't think there was possession. "It doesn't really matter what we think." Said he'd like to hear the explanation, so he has a better idea about what and what not to challenge."

Jeremy Fowler on Twitter
“Jason Pierre-Paul's new deal with the #Ravens includes a guaranteed base salary, a $150,000 signing bonus and playing time/sack incentives that can get him above $5 million in overall pay, per source. Won't surprise if they put him to work right away.”

Bills are dinged up...like us....

Joe Buscaglia (@JoeBuscaglia)
Bills CB Christian Benford has a fractured hand and will have surgery, according to Sean McDermott.

RG Ryan Bates is in concussion protocol.

OT Tommy Doyle has a torn ACL and is out for the season.

WR Jake Kumerow has a “high ankle”

Mitch Morse, C Out
Sep 26
Jordan Poyer, S Out
Sep 26
Christian Benford, CB Doubtful
Sep 26
Ryan Bates, OT Questionable
Sep 26
Tommy Doyle, OT Out

3 hours ago, varaven45 said:

Since they called it as a fumble on the field there wasn't enough video evidence to overturn.  Had they said it was incomplete there wouldn't be enough in that direction either.  

:yeah:

Buffalo’s secondary, meanwhile, will be without several projected starters. All-Pro cornerback Tre’Davious White will miss Sunday’s game while he continues his recovery from a torn ACL last season. All-Pro safety Micah Hyde is out for the season with a neck injury, and Jordan Poyer, the Bills’ other All-Pro safety, was inactive Sunday because of a foot injury. Rookie cornerback Christian Benford (Randallstown), who started Buffalo’s first three games, fractured his hand Sunday and will miss several weeks.Ravens are four-point home underdogs to the Bills in Week 4 (baltimoresun.com)

thank-you-god-20160506.gif

Normally one of the top rushing defenses in the NFL, the Ravens are allowing 5.0 yards per carry through three weeks. Only four teams are giving up more. Through three games, the Ravens are the least penalized team in football. They’ve been called for eight penalties. Lamar Jackson ahead of blistering 2019 pace; potentially replacing Michael Pierce - The Athletic

What a cool story authored Sunday by veteran outside linebacker Brandon Copeland. The 31-year-old was out of football when he signed to the Ravens practice squad. After essentially three practices and a walk-through with his new team, Copeland was elevated to the active roster and was needed to play 26 snaps on defense and four on special teams after Justin Houston went out in the first quarter with a groin injury. Copeland notched his first sack since 2019, and he did it for his hometown team. Copeland, a Baltimore native whose grandfather, Roy Hilton, played for the Baltimore Colts, broke into the NFL as an undrafted free agent but never got an opportunity to play a regular-season game with the team — until Sunday, when he had one of the most memorable moments of his career.

Edited by vmax

This sucks. Lamar could throw on them all day. I hope it's simply the weatherman being a Drama Queen. They love attention, like me....:yeah:

In 3 games, Rookie C Tyler Linderbaum has 103 pass block snaps. He has allowed just 3 pressures (all 3 hurries) w/ 0 QB hits or sacks. 2 of the 3 pressures allowed came in his first half of his first game against Quinnen Williams. C is a lock for 10+ years.

Edited by vmax

7 hours ago, tsylvester said:

That is a great story on Copeland, how freaking cool...

The Bills secondary doesn't worry me much, but their pass rush does.

As does their run game.

Looks like rain for the game, that will make it hard for Lamar run or escape the rush. Get the right cleats this time, for once...

Are you trying to tell me the ravens routinely have equipment problems?

Trying to get my courage up to spend Sunday in a downpour. If I don't go, then it will be a spectacular Ravens win. If I go....

Great read......627-sports-nfl-baltimore-ravens.gif

How the Ravens’ Lamar Jackson is better than his NFL MVP season - Baltimore Ravens Blog- ESPN 

Edited by vmax

52 minutes ago, vmax said:

Trying to get my courage up to spend Sunday in a downpour. If I don't go, then it will be a spectacular Ravens win. If I go....

Great read......627-sports-nfl-baltimore-ravens.gif

How the Ravens’ Lamar Jackson is better than his NFL MVP season - Baltimore Ravens Blog- ESPN 

Max, keeping the faith for a positive, successful performance by the good guys - although Lamar and the rain/muck don't like each other :(

Should be a slogger-knocker.   

Jeff Zrebiec • TweetShift
BOT
 — Today at 4:43 PM
Pretty straight forward injury report for Ravens today
DNP: OL Patrick Mekari (ankle), OLB Justin Houston (groin)
FULL: RB J.K. Dobbins (chest), CB Marcus Peters (knee), WR James Proche (groin), LT Ronnie Stanley (ankle).

Stanley might play Sunday! 

Jeff Zrebiec • 
 — Today at 4:05 PM
Ronnie Stanley said he’s very happy with where he’s at. “I’m very close. You might see me this week.”

Jeff Zrebiec •
 — Today at 4:29 PM
Ronnie Stanley: “I feel way different. I feel way better than what I was when I played that first game last year. I’m in a way better place. I’m very optimistic, very confident about me getting back to where I want to be.”
[4:30 PM]
Stanley: "There’s something else I had to get done after that first game (last yr), separate from original surgery. That was a lower body, major surgery. That’s why the whole organization was taking this approach."

Jeff Zrebiec • 
 — Today at 2:03 PM
Jason Pierre-Paul: "I think I'm adjusting to the calls pretty well, getting the calls pretty well, getting my legs back under me. I'm playing catch-up. But I've been in this position before, so it's not going to hold me back. Yeah, I'll be ready this Sunday."
[2:07 PM]
More JPP: "At end of last yr, I had supraspinatus, rotator cuff tear, biceps tendon tear, all of that. I basically got a whole new shoulder. I feel way better. Since Game 3, I was playing w/one shoulder. Imagine playing w/one shoulder as DE. I couldn’t grab, I couldn’t snatch."

Jamison Hensley • 
 — Today at 1:12 PM
John Harbaugh declined to answer whether today was a planned day off for Ronnie Stanley. “I will let the injury report speak for itself,” he said.
[1:13 PM]
John Harbaugh confirmed NT Michael Pierce is out for the season after having surgery on his torn bicep

"My energy is going to say it all, especially when it comes to game day," JPP said. "My energy is going to take over and you're going to see the reason why everybody loves me and would like to have me on their team. I'm pretty sure everybody knows that by now. But we'll see. It's only a matter of time."

Jamison Hensley •
 — Today at 3:31 PM
Ravens injury report vs. Bills

DOUBTFUL
OLB Justin Houston (groin)
OL Patrick Mekari (ankle)

QUESTIONABLE
OT Ronnie Stanley (ankle)

All 3 players did not practice Friday.

This marks 1st time this season that RB J.K. Dobbins and CB Marcus Peters weren't listed on injury report
[3:33 PM]
In a rare occurrence since the start of the 2021 season, the Ravens are not the most banged-up team heading into a matchup.

Players listed with injury designations
Ravens: 3
Bills: 10 (including three ruled out)