ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Week 4 Ravens vs Bills

vmax

59 minutes ago, papasmurfbell said:

New game same errors.  

Is Peters traded or does he make it to the end of the season?  Turdbaugh can't have any players showing they haven't been neutered yet.  

Was Peters actually in Harbaugh's face?  

Peters was right to blow up, the end plays were uncalled for, terrible game management.

From the redzone play calls for the offense in the first and at the end of the long drive at the end to the defense not letting them score..

Both sides of the ball once again coming out of half time completely flat is inexcusable. The season is far from over, we have glimpses of a very good team, but where they go from here is anyone's guess

So Owe is the one who screwed up and made the tackle, preventing the Bill's from scoring a touchdown at the end. They had been rightly instructed to let them score.

This team is so close, they drove the field, 92 yards, just couldn't get the blocking, or call the right play, or see the open man on time, to put the ball in the endzone.

Lamar made a mistake trying to force one, should have thrown it away, maybe it ends differently if the Bill's start their drive from the goal line.

Maybe they win in over time if Owe doesn't make that tackle as he was told.

In any event, that was a playoff team, we saw some great plays, on both sides of the ball. They are close if they stick together.

10 hours ago, tsylvester said:

Yes

I saw a clip of Peters mad and then a separate clip of Harbaugh, but not of the two of them together.

I didn't lose my shit as much as the Dolphins game, but this is a sloppy team for sure with potential.  I did not agree with the analytics and would have gone for the points.  Crazy/frustrating game. 

Yeah the camera caught it after the coaches and players pulled/prevented Peters from getting to Harbs.

I actually agree with going for it, just not the play call, design. They had to know the Bill's would rush everyone not matched in man.

To not have crossing routes against that scheme was a big red flag. Even on the field side, one receiver doing a curl route? No rub routes?

That is on Roman, not Harbs.

Now his reasoning was faulty, saying getting 7 was better because if they had gotten the 3 the defense would have been at a disadvantage with the Bill's using 4 downs.. what, the Bill's would punt on a 3rd down if the Ravens were up by 7 and not 3?

Makes no sense. The team being flat again, in the 2nd half, is a bigger issue and on Harbs

On that play, Lamar had Wasington and Dobbins to his left, both on curl routes. There were 3 defenders to that side, set in the endzone. The pass, if thrown on time before Dobbins makes his break, could have been completed, though Dobbins would have taken a heck of shot from a closing dB.

Lamar never looked over though, he appeared to be fixated looking for Andrews who was on a drug route to the right, along with Duv, who was able to shake his defender, get wide open in the corner of the endzone.

But the rush up the middle, from Powers and Lindy, was too quick and heavy, forcing Lamar back, he didn't see Duv until it was too late.

By that time Andrews had worked back to him and gained position on his defender.

Lamar, if anything, should have thrown to Andrews, at the goal line. A difficult catch but one Andrews had made before. Maybe he was trying and because of his back pedal the ball sailed, was picked on a great play by the defender.

My point, Lamar, pay him, while he still waits for an open man instead of anticipation throwing or reading presnap who should get the ball, he makes this pass game go because he can escape pressure more times than not.

You won't get even an Aarron Roger's surviving behind this line.

The Bill's overwhelmed the offensive line up the middle, the tackles played well, it was the rookie, Zeigler, Powers, who were the weak link.

Stunts, twists gave them fits as the saying goes.

Maybe more time is needed. But it will be cheaper to pay Lamar than it would to find and pay an offensive line capable to protecting a pocket passer. They failed for years,, one major reason Flacco never worked after the magical run.

Maybe Lamar, now that we appear to have 2 good wide outs to go with Andrews, will start to throw people open, throw on time now that it clearly appears that he is trying to be a pocket passer...

Agree with all you had to say, Tsyl. If we didn't have Lamar we wouldn't even be in these games.  I've finally come around to saying 'pay the man' and try to shore up the D and maybe get Lamar one offensive weapon, preferably one with really good quickness and speed.

The defense is mediocre and I doubt we'll ever see another series of great defenses like we had before Lamar came here. And even then we only won 2 SB's in 11 seasons. We have to maximize what we do have and supplement it where possible.

But keeping Lamar here is really the key to us having a chance to win any game.

• Downvote 1

If maybe in the new money now. Gb is a shell of itself. The rams are not very good. After the new contracts where are the sb wins? 12.% is the most a qb has counted against the cap and won. It is usually far lower. If the only goal is winning regular season games and watching other teams in the sb then give him the deal. If having the ravens in the sb and winnibg is the goal trade him.