ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Ravens to Trade for Roquan Smith

oldno82

Just saw a flash sports article stating the Ravens have traded for the Bears' Roquan Smith. We are giving up a 2nd and 5th round pick in next year's draft. Smith is in the final year of his rookie contact. He is the NFL's leading tackler.

So how do we feel about this move, guys?

Of note, since the Ravens are tight against the cap, (roughly $3 mil under)

Chicago, and the Bears are picking up $4.833 million of Smith's $5.408 million for the rest of the season, a source told Schefter.

And the why

The Ravens have allowed the third-most yards after the catch (784) on passes thrown fewer than 5 yards downfield. -- Hensley

Loved Roquan coming out of GA and wished we drafted him 4-5 years ago.  He is a foundational player

who clearly fortifies and elevates our LB corps.   With a couple of defenders/ pash rushers returning soon,

I'm really excited about our D.  I hope Roquan meshes well and we sign him long term.       Great move FO ! 

He could be the solidifying piece.
2 time All Pro. 83 tackles. 2 1/2 sacks. 2 INT's. 3 pass deflections

Suddenly the Ravens have a ton of outside LB's and pass rushers available around week 11. They have the secondary. Now....they have the inside LB's. Tight up the middle like 2000 and 2012.

unknown.png I'm excited. These are the kind of deals you do when you think you can make a legit SB run.