ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Wild Card Ravens vs Bengals

vmax

So close yet so far away. we had the game. And then we didn't.

The D did so well. Macdonald had the right plan and had his guys ready. And many don't want to hear this, but Roman did too, given what he had to work with. Then Roman couldn't dial up the right redzone plays and the offense couldn't execute what was dialed up. I do think Roman needs to go. This team needs some hope that they can score in today's high powered offense NFL.

I'm sure Romans gone. They have a huge hole to fill to get a competent OC who will need a QB and receivers. Will they change the offensive philosophy? Basically, rebuild the scheme...

Emotionally??? I'm drained and very tired of going through a season knowing they don't have what it takes to make a deep playoff run due to injuries and lack of a passing attack. I'm very, very tired of losing in the 4th quarter. It's a 60-minute game.

Deja Vou. Shades of Buffalo. 

I'm sick of this. Done with it. 

Edited by vmax

On the int to Andrews, first series, had Huntley looked, he had I believe it was Robinson on a deep crossing route, single safety, wide open. It would have gone for 20-30 yards.

Not to bash Huntely, Lamar had done this as well in past games, missed seeing wide open receivers.

But what we saw was Roman putting more on Huntley than he could handle. Running game working real good on the first series, he starts throwing the ball, and not even with play action.

They get into the redzone, first half, he gets cute with fake pass, hand off, that gets stoned at the line of scrimmage.

Sure, they ran more than they passed, barely, but when you know the lack of talent of your qb, plus his injury, and the running game is working so well, why not keep pounding them?

Sure, had Huntley not reached out, a second later his teammates would have pushed him in for the score, but why ask him, after a 35 yard run, to then try and power in when Gus, a power back, JK, who ran like no one could stop him, could have done better?

Why not even fake the hand off, slip a tight end into the flat, that works 90% of the time!

1 hour ago, vmax said:

So close yet so far away. we had the game. And then we didn't.

The D did so well. Macdonald had the right plan and had his guys ready. And many don't want to hear this, but Roman did too, given what he had to work with. Then Roman couldn't dial up the right redzone plays and the offense couldn't execute what was dialed up. I do think Roman needs to go. This team needs some hope that they can score in today's high powered offense NFL.

I'm sure Romans gone. They have a huge hole to fill to get a competent OC who will need a QB and receivers. Will they change the offensive philosophy? Basically, rebuild the scheme...

Emotionally??? I'm drained and very tired of going through a season knowing they don't have what it takes to make a deep playoff run due to injuries and lack of a passing attack. I'm very, very tired of losing in the 4th quarter. It's a 60-minute game.

Deja Vou. Shades of Buffalo. 

I'm sick of this. Done with it. 

Max,  Bingo. Thank you.  Im spent too! 

2 hours ago, dapetes said:

Ravens wouldn’t be holding Dobbins back for $$$ reasons would they? Using iffy health reasons as an excuse.

Good question, in the past they said it was to keep him and Gus fresh. In the playoffs, screw fresh, when you see a player running like he did, breaking tackles, running fast , you fees that dog and run him until he begs to lay down like an English bulldog.

We know they don't pay runningbacks, in this league today, it doesn't  make sense to pay them big money. Ride them until their rookie contracts run out.

On another note: The Ravens did not run out of time. Penalties killed that final drive. They still have 1 time out left. If they score there would have been 8 seconds left. Not enough for Cinci to get in FG range.
[10:37 AM]
1st & 10 at CIN 17
(0:34 - 4th) (Shotgun) T.Huntley pass incomplete short middle to M.Andrews (G.Pratt).
2nd & 10 at CIN 17
(0:29 - 4th) J.Hill up the middle pushed ob at CIN 13 for 4 yards (E.Apple). PENALTY on BLT-K.Zeitler, Offensive Holding, 10 yards, enforced at CIN 17 - No Play.
2nd & 20 at CIN 27
(0:22 - 4th) (Shotgun) T.Huntley pass incomplete deep left to M.Andrews. 

It wasn't perfect clock MGMT, yet it was good enough for playoff caliber teams. 

Why Hill? As Jk said, you're not fooling anyone.

That was a bad holding call, only 4 penalties all game, the lines on both teams were holding all game, why make that call now?

Why not pick on Apple? He is terrible in coverage, holds more than anyone...

You have 3 6 foot, 6 inch tight ends, use them all in the redzone! One of then is going to get single coverage, even in a zone one will be open enough for a jump ball..

Even then, inches away from you know who catching the tipped hail Mary to tie the game...

Yeah, the personnel packages really had me scratching my head, all season really. Roman tries to get cute, hide what he tries to do, and it back fires 9 times out of 10.

I was in error earlier on the goal line plays. They did try the pass to the flat, poor play fake, even worse pass to the LEFT flat to Ricard. Of course the pass was too short, a proper pass and as I said, it works 90+ % of the time, Ricard fights his way in, one on one. Alas, Huntley was too short on the pass. But I digress

The big issue is Harbs, his words- execution- as to why plays fail. Not that the play call was wrong. Now I don't expect him to come out and throw Roman under the bus, but I agree with him, as one old coach to jokingly said of his team's execution, yes, they should be executed. In this instance, Roman should be..😀

If the Biscuit just took his owner glasses off and put on his fan glasses, he would agree, even with all of the legit excuses, injuries, player execution, Roman, Harbs, are asking too much from some of the players as far as the plays, the packages so the execution has little to no chance.

That qb sneak, yes, it would have worked IF Huntley runs it properly, a second later, they, like the London Bridge, all fall down, into the endzone. But Huntley just pulled off a game changing run, had the chance to be a true hero, and doesn't always see what is there. No, Roman couldn't have known nor even though he would try to leap up and reach over from a yard and a half out. But you could expect Huntley to maybe pull out from under center too quickly and fumbled 😉

Thus, not putting the onus on him, just stick Ricard in the back field,Faelele as an extra tight end, Gus or Jk behind Ricard and let the monsters push the Bengals into tomorrow tomorrow land for the winning score.

No chance the defense gives up another touchdown after that score.

10 hours ago, tsylvester said:

That was a bad holding call, only 4 penalties all game, the lines on both teams were holding all game, why make that call now?

Vegas