ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Wild Card Ravens vs Bengals

vmax

An ACL injury can occur if you: Get hit very hard on the side of your knee, such as during a football tackle. Overextending your knee joint. Quickly stop moving and change direction while running, landing from a jump, or turning.

The PCL is usually injured by overextending the knee (hyperextension). This can happen if you land awkwardly after jumping. The PCL can also become injured from a direct blow to the flexed knee, such as falling hard on a bent knee. Most PCL injuries occur with other ligament injuries and severe knee trauma.

Not really.  Each of the 3 ligaments hold the knee together in different ways.

Jamison Hensley on Twitter
“Ravens practice report (Friday)

Six players not present during media viewing:

QB Lamar Jackson (knee)
CB Marcus Peters (calf)
CB Brandon Stephens (ill)
WR Tylan Wallace (hamstring)
OT Ronnie Stanley*
OLB Jason Pierre-Paul*
*-Likely rest day

Returned
LS Nick Moore (illness)”

Huntley was throwing again today. I'm not feeling good about starting him, but then again, after Brown throws an interception, I'll be screaming for Huntley.,...:fishin:

Gus is ready....

amison Hensley • TweetShift
BOT
 — Today at 1:50 PM
Ravens RB Gus Edwards said he has cleared concussion protocol.

So, Baltimore will be without Lamar Jackson. But Ravens will have Edwards and J.K. Dobbins in the backfield Sunday night in Cincinnati.
[1:55 PM]
Gus Edwards acknowledged the Ravens have heard what Bengals have been saying this week.

"I feel like there’s been a lot of chatter on their side," Edwards said. "We’re going to let our pads do the talking."

Ravens-Bengals is starting to feel more like Ravens-Steelers this week.

Jeff Zrebiec • TweetShift
BOT
 — Today at 2:34 PM
No injury designation for RB Gus Edwards (concussion), LS Nick Moore (illness) and CB Marcus Peters (calf). 
All three cleared to play.
[2:34 PM]
Ravens declare three players out for Sunday's playoff game against Bengals: QB Lamar Jackson (knee), WR Tylan Wallace (hamstring) and CB Brandon Stephens (illness). 
Tyler Huntley (wrist/shoulder) is questionable, but he practiced in full today so he should be good to go.

I think it will be a very good and interesting game.

Logically the Ravens have no shot. 

So many things have to go right for the Ravens to win. And stuff has to go wrong for the Bengals. There is no margin for error. 

Yet the football is not round and it's bounce is unpredictable. :kool:

Our guys will show up in a hostile environment and I know they will give the Bengals the best that 52 Ravens can give. 

That might be more than they can handle. :gorave:

First-and-10: Key matchups and subplots for Ravens-Bengals, plus a prediction - The Athletic

So, other than Lamar, we will be at full strength for the game, especially on defense. So glad to have Peters back, though his subs did a fine job. Him at full strength, Williams, even Humphries who has had some nagging injuries.

I can't remember the last game I wanted them to win as bad I really want them to win this one.

I hope Roman has seam routes with Andrews and Likely on either side of their safeties written down for every pass play.

The Bengals made it clear those routes will be wide open, as they press to stop the run & close out on those underneath routes. Are you listening Gregg Roman!

• Like 1

Bret Hundley not activated so my guess is they start Huntley. If his shoulder is bothering him then Brown gets the nod.

Field Yates on Twitter
“The Ravens have signed DB Ar’Darius Washington from the practice squad to the active roster and placed WR Tylan Wallace on IR.

The team also elevated WR Andy Isabella and WR Binjimen Victor from the practice squad for tomorrow’s game against the Bengals.

Isabella and Victor have not caught a pass this year.....it's that bad.

mison Hensley • TweetShift
BOT
 — Today at 9:36 AM
With the Ravens playing at the Bengals on Sunday night, here's a look at the coaches with the most road wins in NFL postseason history:

John Harbaugh (8) :gorave:
Tom Landry (7)
Tom Coughlin (7)
Mike McCarthy (5)
Joe Gibbs (5)

Phins have a make shift line that includes a practice squad guard and a rookie qb. 4 mins left they are down by 3, have put up 31 pts and their big 2 receivers have barely been a factor.

Turnerovers have been the key.

I've seen Waddle and Hill drop big passes, run routes on top of each other, cut routes off almost.leading to a pick. Yet people complain about our receivers. OH yes, and they have run out of timeouts because they can't get plays in on time.  And been penalized for delay of game.

4th and less than 1, delay of game, they miss on the 4th and 6, turnover.on downs.

With no timeouts, this game is over

I know we don't get the participation over here that we used to get. But I just browsed a few other message boards, wow, what junk.

From the look, to number of duplicate threads, the infighting, wowza I don't miss that. On one board there are 16 different threads on Lamar, are you kidding me? I know he is a hot topic right now, but that many threads all saying the same thing? His contract demands, his injury, his talent level passing.... Some even talk about his off the field activities, rumors they are spouting as truth, as if they even remotely know the truth.

Thanks Dee, for a great looking site, thank you to those who keep coming back to talk foootball, our Ravens, in an adult manner. Thanks Max for keeping us young.

Now back to the game tonight, as I have an early morning, I will not be watching it all tonight, a full night sleep is more important and recording is so much easier in today's world...😃

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, tsylvester said:

Woke up this am to the Jags winning, a massive comeback. How? The Chargers only attempted to run the ball 7 times in the 2nd half. That leaves a lot of time for a comeback. Chargers being Chargers, they always, always find ways to lose big games.

Turdnaugh took a trip to Jax and helped coach them last night. 

1 hour ago, tsylvester said:

Phins have a make shift line that includes a practice squad guard and a rookie qb. 4 mins left they are down by 3, have put up 31 pts and their big 2 receivers have barely been a factor.

Turnerovers have been the key.

I've seen Waddle and Hill drop big passes, run routes on top of each other, cut routes off almost.leading to a pick. Yet people complain about our receivers. OH yes, and they have run out of timeouts because they can't get plays in on time.  And been penalized for delay of game.

4th and less than 1, delay of game, they miss on the 4th and 6, turnover.on downs.

With no timeouts, this game is over

Then he took a red eye to Buf to help out Mia.

Oh and Jones did what not even Lamar could do, throw for over 250 yards (301), 2 tds and run for 50 or more, 78 yards in a playoff game

He also did this with scrubs for receivers.

What did we learn from the games so fat this weekend? The right play designs and calls are more important than who is running the routes. That an accurate passer can make all the difference in a wide out getting yards after catch.

That just because you have the 2 fastest men on the field does not mean 1) they will get open, 2) your qb can find them 3) you will win

• Upvote 1