ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Wild Card Ravens vs Bengals

vmax

18 minutes ago, tsylvester said:

Oh and Jones did what not even Lamar could do, throw for over 250 yards (301), 2 tds and run for 50 or more, 78 yards in a playoff game

He also did this with scrubs for receivers.

What did we learn from the games so fat this weekend? The right play designs and calls are more important than who is running the routes. That an accurate passer can make all the difference in a wide out getting yards after catch.

That just because you have the 2 fastest men on the field does not mean 1) they will get open, 2) your qb can find them 3) you will win

well said

5 minutes ago, papasmurfbell said:

Penalties, horrific time mang, a bad decision to reach out and bad offense lost the game.

They played better than I thought they would. Your evaluation is spot on. Even with that they exceeded my expectations. 

:cop: WHOA Dobbins goes off publically....We have a fire! :cop:

Jeff Zrebiec • TweetShift
BOT
 — Today at 12:10 AM
J.K. Dobbins said he’s tired of not getting the ball, tired of being held back. Said Huntley should have never been in that position on sneak. And then he added, “If we would’ve had Lamar, we would’ve won, too.”

Jamison Hensley • TweetShift
BOT
 — Today at 12:30 AM
Ravens RB J.K. Dobbins on Tyler Huntley's goal-line fumble: "He should have never been in that situation. I don’t get a single carry. I didn’t get a single carry. He should never have been in that situation. I believe I would have put it in the end zone, again.”

BOT
More Dobbins: “I’m a guy who feels like if I’m on the field all the time, I can help this team win, and I wasn’t. It’s the playoffs. Why am I not out there? Twelve carries? It's the playoffs.”

Ravens RB J.K. Dobbins, who 62 yards on 13 carries: “I should be the guy. I’m tired of holding that back. I’m tired of that. Twelve [carries], it’s the playoffs. I’m tired of holding that back. Let’s go win the game. I’m tired of that."

image.jpeg.69b4be8752b3907b5c81c0e6c886e051.jpeg

Edited by vmax

4 hours ago, tsylvester said:

What did we learn from the games so fat this weekend? The right play designs and calls are more important than who is running the routes. That an accurate passer can make all the difference in a wide out getting yards after catch.

That just because you have the 2 fastest men on the field does not mean 1) they will get open, 2) your qb can find them 3) you will win

Very well put! And who is the one who does the play designs  and calls---Roman.

I have to admit, I'm baffled by Lamar. He plays lights out for several games at the start of the season, then falls to mediocre then gets hurt, again, and doesn't play anymore this season. Similar to last year.

It's not his fault that he's hurt but now his contract is up and we gotta decide what to do and what direction we want this offense to go to. We need a new OC. Do we also need a new HC? I dunno. His won-lost record over his tenure is damned good but strange things happen. Plays don't get called in on time. Two minute offense is hampered by poor clock management. We get called for delay of game after taking a time out in one game.

I'm frustrated and disappointed but quite honestly don't know what all the solutions are. There is a lot of talent on this team but the offense can't seem to get out of its own way.

Ya know, in the backs of our minds, I think we all wondered how great this defense was, their turn around built against bad offenses. Well, that fleeting thought was destroyed after the past two weeks, especially after last night's game.

What a performance but the defense, 17 pts, 7 of those on a short field. Against one of the best offenses in the league, again.

The Ravens offense racked up over 300 yards of offense, but only 17 pts. Even after the gaff at the goal line, they had what, 11 mins to put more pts on the board?!

Jk ran like a man possessed, on the ground and out of the back field on passes. I agree with him, they should have fed him more, especially at the goal line.

That play was the pinnacle of this offensive play calling. I was shocked that this game was close, Huntley was Huntley, some great effort for someone so limited. That run was epic.

If there was any, I mean any tear in this team over Lamar, their play put that to bed. Humphries tucked it in for a good night sleep saying how Lamar has been limping around the facility, how he hopes he signs the Ravens deal.

What ever happens, this defense is great, the running game outstanding, it no matter who is at qb, the play calling has to change.

Harbs saying the calls were right, that it was execution, is wrong. A good coach puts their players in a position to succeed. Knowing your players limitations. Roman failed in both.

What a game, what a season, what a future this team has.

5 hours ago, vmax said:

:cop: WHOA Dobbins goes off publically....We have a fire! :cop:

BOT
 — Today at 12:10 AM
J.K. Dobbins said he’s tired of not getting the ball, tired of being held back. Said Huntley should have never been in that position on sneak. And then he added, “If we would’ve had Lamar, we would’ve won, too.”

Jamison Hensley • TweetShift
BOT
Ravens RB J.K. Dobbins on Tyler Huntley's goal-line fumble: "He should have never been in that situation. I don’t get a single carry. I didn’t get a single carry. He should never have been in that situation. I believe I would have put it in the end zone, again.”

BOT
More Dobbins: “I’m a guy who feels like if I’m on the field all the time, I can help this team win, and I wasn’t. It’s the playoffs. Why am I not out there? Twelve carries? It's the playoffs.”

Ravens RB J.K. Dobbins, who 62 yards on 13 carries: “I should be the guy. I’m tired of holding that back. I’m tired of that. Twelve [carries], it’s the playoffs. I’m tired of holding that back. Let’s go win the game. I’m tired of that."

image.jpeg.69b4be8752b3907b5c81c0e6c886e051.jpeg

Max, the key states is third down, 3 of 11, 2 of 3 on 4th down. You can't win if you don't convert 3rd downs against good teams. That is play calls, play design.

6 hours ago, dapetes said:

That last set of downs will certainly have Roman cleaning out his desk. Question is will Harbaugh also be gone as well.

That to me is the biggest question. Harbs is deathly loyal to his guys, he still has foot prints on his neck from when the Biscuit made him fire coaches in the past. I hope the Biscuit is putting on cleats this time. Good to see you again