ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Lamar Jackson and the Ravens

oldno82

1 hour ago, tsylvester said:

A perfect match, the mouth from NY, the wannabe mouth from Bmore... Who knows what happens, in the end we cheer for the Ravens, not only a player.

It is a great organization, sure with some ugly pimples, but hey, Max had kids so everyone is attractive to someone 😉 😀🤣😅

lmao.

Oh boy, here we go...

Sammy whatcha got to say?

“In this league, everybody is pretty much banged up, hurt,” receiver Sammy Watkins told Adam Kilgore of the Washington Post on Wednesday. “I don’t want to speak for him and his situation and whatever he’s going through with the contracts. I don’t know what world he’s in. But for me, you got a chance to do something special. We all know with Lamar Jackson out there, this team is really freaking good, and special things can happen. He can will this team to a Super Bowl. I don’t think he’s thinking about it that way. . . .”

That’s a very strong comment, one that questions Jackson’s overall commitment to winning playoff games right now, with his current teammates.

“He’s got an opportunity to win a Super Bowl,” Watkins added. “I hope he hobbles back out there. . . . Put him out for the pass plays, and don’t run him at all. But you never know. That could be wrong. I’m being very selfish right now, just to want him to be out on the field. But, man, what a great thing it would be to see 8 touch the field this Sunday, and we go out there and blow them out. But that’s for Lamar and everybody else to figure out. Hope miraculously something happens, somebody reach out to him, whether it’s a coach or somebody, and he decides to play. But that’s a question if he’s healthy or he’s not. I don’t know. I haven’t been watching him.”

Still, Watkins seems to believe that, if Jackson had his long-term contract, he’d be playing.

“I think the world is ready to see Lamar back on the field, doing what he do best, and get all the stipulations and contract stuff behind him,” Watkins said. “I pray somebody talks to him like, ‘Man, just sign the deal.’ You know what I mean? And he get out there and hopefully, if . . .  he’s healthy, he can just come play this Sunday. We all know that’s up to Lamar and whatever goes on. Hopefully, they get something done. The world wants to see Lamar be a Baltimore Raven for the rest of his life. . . . [T]he world wants to watch Lamar Jackson. That’s a phenom talent, a talent that you rarely come by. Things that he do on the field and things that you see, to be quite honest when he’s out there, he makes everybody play better, just to have him in that huddle. I pray that somebody reach out to him or that he’s really truly getting healthy and can play, that he wake up Thursday and be like, ‘All right, forget it. I’m playing.’ I think that would change the whole trajectory of our season.”

Maybe Watkins is the only one on the team who thinks that. Or maybe he’s reflecting the mood of the locker room.

Regardless, it’s probably a good idea for Watkins not to sit next to Jackson on the team plane to Cincinnati....

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2023/01/13/sammy-watkins-hopes-lamar-jackson-decides-to-play/

Watkins is a hypocrite. He needs to remember how many games he missed due to injury, the impact of that on his team and his fumble vs the Bengals. 

From Sarah Ellison....but sorry...it's not dripping with controversy.

Couple takeaways from Lamar Jackson's statement: 1) He's not playing Sunday 2) A grade 2/3 sprain shows he's not a "slacker" in treatments; it's legit still unstable & swollen 3) Absence is due to injury; not contract hold-out 4) Transparency is refreshing Get well, Lamar.

I am so sick of hearing how bad the Ravens are without Lamar, seriously. None of them put the games into context. Last year, the Ravens set an NFL record for games missed due to injury, more than half the defense was out along with half the offensive line, not too mention the entire backfield.

This year, who is their backup qb? A nice guy, but a terrible NFL quarterback. I would venture to say that yes Max, Taylor Hinkie on this team wins four of the six games Lamar missed this year.

I will go a step further, I think with Hinkie, they just might beat the Bengals Sunday night. No, Hinkle is not a starter, he is the younger version of the beard from Harvard. Wow plays, but no-no...

Without Lamar this team needs a good quarterback, not a Hall of Fame, not an mvp, sure it would be nice.

But with this defense and running game, all mostly young players, yes this TEAM is not finished without Lamar, no matter what happens Sunday.

Agree. The defense sounds like they are ready to rumble and win and Edwards and Dobbins are back. Still would rather see Brown than Huntley and wish we did have a 'good quarterback' like you said.

There may be an upset in the making this Sunday.

Go Ravens!

8 hours ago, vmax said:

I hope so. Not laughing at the fact that Lamar may not be here next year. Laughing at the wild ass reactions and reading between the lines of this quote. Using Stephen A and to start off with Lombardi is the icing on the cake.

Cold hard facts don't sell.

I guess someone missed the Post article with quotes from Sammy Watkins.  Let me help.

May be an image of text

I can't remember the thread but it has already been posted. Recently, today some time.

Hell I'm old and the memory's only working erratically. It was posted in this thread about 8 posts up!

Edited by oldno82
Changed to indicate which thread.