ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Flowers

vmax

Love this pick. I wanted Banks because of the weak CB room (Humphrey, Stephens, Armour-Davis, Williams, Worley Mulllin, Seymour, Keys.) however you can't have everything with only 5 selections and none in the second round. You have to love Flowers and depth in the WR room is important too with injury concerns for OJB, Bateman, Agholor. 

Just think about it. The 2019 offense led the league in scoring with Brown, Snead, Boykin, Roberts, Moore, Scott. Now they have 4 first round receivers.

DeCosta said he sat down with Steve Smith at Combine and talked about Zay Flowers. "If Steve Smith has that much respect for a WR, you better pay attention. Like when Ozzie loves a TE, you better pay attention."

Yesterday was a great day for the Ravens. The Lamar signing was huge. 

It's going to be one great season of Ravens football.

For sure Proche is done. No need to get rid of a pro bowl returner. Jermaine Lewis made a good carrier doing the same thing as Duv. But you have a good point for down the road with CAP savings. 

Hopkins trade was just smoke from his camp to create some urgency. He's wants to be a Bill. Getting Flowers kills any DHop stuff.

Just talk right now, but ya gotta love the attitude

https://www.nfl.com/news/ravens-first-round-wr-zay-flowers-believes-he-can-do-it-all-in-baltimore

The Baltimore Ravens held rookie minicamp over the weekend, allowing their first-year players to immerse themselves in the actual football schemes for the first time since draft day.

New offensive coordinator Todd Monken's design received rave reviews from first-round wideout Zay Flowers, who sees it as a player-friendly system.

"Oh, I love it," Flowers said Saturday. "It's kind of like some of the stuff I ran at B.C. [Boston College]. I love it. I think it fits my style perfectly.

"Running, getting open, being able to create space, deep balls, short, intermediate -- do it all."

Flowers' production at Boston College portends an immediate impact as a rookie, and he fits perfectly between star signee Odell Beckham Jr. and former 2021 first-rounder Rashod Bateman.

The rookie's size (5-foot-10) projects as a slot receiver, and his route-running ability should allow him to win in space, particularly if defenses are concerned with OBJ and tight end Mark Andrews.

"I feel like I'm a complete receiver. I can do it all," Flowers said. "You name it, I'll be able to do it. I honestly don't have a preference (on where I line up) because I feel like I can run every route on the outside, and I can run every route on the inside."

When Lamar Jackson inked his new contract last week, he mentioned the Flowers draft pick as part of what makes him excited to play in the new offense, noting he wants to put up 6,000 passing yards.

Asked about Jackson's goal, Flowers said he's up for anything his MVP quarterback wants to aim at.

"I love that. Let's do it," Flowers said. "Whatever he wants to do, I'm with it".