ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Pernell McPhee

yagersports

Could someone who watched the game give me their assessment of McPhee? It was interesting that an undrafted rookie was given an opportunity over Kindle. I'm so pulling for Kindle to get his opportunity when he's ready. I noticed that McPhee got a sack and I believe this was his first sniff at playing time, please correct me if I'm wrong. Just curious on how this guy is playing so far.

Could someone who watched the game give me their assessment of McPhee? It was interesting that an undrafted rookie was given an opportunity over Kindle. I'm so pulling for Kindle to get his opportunity when he's ready. I noticed that McPhee got a sack and I believe this was his first sniff at playing time, please correct me if I'm wrong. Just curious on how this guy is playing so far.

From what Ive seen thus far, McPhee is raw but a real gamer. He looks good as a pass rusher, pretty stout against the run, but unsure in other situations.

I think Harbs and Pagano are mixing and matching different combos to see what works. They both know we need another big pass rusher besides Suggs. It may take a few games to figure our best pass rushing package.

From what Ive seen thus far, McPhee is raw but a real gamer. He looks good as a pass rusher, pretty stout against the run, but unsure in other situations.

I think Harbs and Pagano are mixing and matching different combos to see what works. They both know we need another big pass rusher besides Suggs. It may take a few games to figure our best pass rushing package.

I like to hear that! I wonder what's holding back Kindle? He got playing time in the preseason and I thought he did well.

Although, if he's gonna be a beast on the field with a little patience, perhaps inserting him later in the season would be advantageous as teams would find it harder to perpare for him.

Too much conspiracy theory????? lol

I like to hear that! I wonder what's holding back Kindle? He got playing time in the preseason and I thought he did well.

Although, if he's gonna be a beast on the field with a little patience, perhaps inserting him later in the season would be advantageous as teams would find it harder to perpare for him.

Too much conspiracy theory????? lol

Dont know about the conspiracy stuff but with our "work in progress" secondary, our pass rush is more critical than ever.

In both victories, we had an effective pass rush. Against Tennessee, we didnt. Its a small sample size, but thus far our pass rush will become increasingly more important as the season progresses.

:gorave:

Spot duty...rotating Kindle and McPhee in is the best way to develop them. There's a standard to hit as a starter on D and it's high.

Cory Redding was a beast yesterday so if he keeps that up it will take time for McPhee and Kindle to hit the field other than spot duty or injury.

Coach answers it...

Harbaugh ended the briefing by addressing a question about outside linebacker Sergio Kindle, the only player who has been deactivated for all three games this season.

“If you’re not dressing, it’s because you’re not good enough. That’s a fact,” Harbaugh said. “I hate to say it that way, but I think if someone got hurt and he dressed, then he’d have a chance to prove himself. But the fact is, there’s better players right now. So we dress the best players. You’ve got so many DBs, so many linebackers, so many defensive linemen. It’s a very competitive deal, and the more depth you have and the healthier you stay, the tougher it is for guys. That’s the harsh reality. But the other side of the coin is that Sergio is young and he’s talented and he works hard and he wants to be a good player. So his challenge is when his opportunity comes, he needs to be ready, and that’s what he works for. It could be this week. It might be five weeks. It might be 10 weeks.”

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/ravens-insider/bal-harbaugh-on-why-some-players-dont-get-opportunities-until-later-20110926,0,93975.story

671d69bb7522beeedf5d243250771905-getty-122139879.jpg

If we lose Kindle like we did Harrison and he becomes a beast in favor of another LB with less upside and less potential I'm gonna lose it!

I do believe Kindle will have his shot though, hopefully he will be ready. DE has alot less responsibilities than LB so I can see why it would take Kindle longer to get on the field.

Wasn't really pitting the two against each other as just saying, "who's gonna be the #2 pass rusher". Since they both do that well, who's gonna be the one to step up?

Unfortunately for Kindle it is a numbers game and some LB has to lose out somewhere. Kindle is battling Kruger for playing time and Kruger has played well in preseason and at the start of the season so he deserves his playing time.

McPhee has been getting some decent playing time so far this season as a rotational DE. He got his sack against the Rams as more of a UT or 3-4 DE and beat a guard inside. He has been a revelation so far and also recovered a fumble against the Steelers. He has been the surprise of the Ravens draft and I certainly didn't expect this much from a 5th round rookie.

If we lose Kindle like we did Harrison and he becomes a beast in favor of another LB with less upside and less potential I'm gonna lose it!

He's just trying to motivate Kindle. The Ravens have investing a high pick and plenty of time in him and they be sure to thoroughly evaluate him as the season goes on & before any decisions are made. In the meantime, he can work his way up to the type of player he needs to be to contribute on this team. There's a big difference between being cleared to play and being able to contribute on one of the better D-lines in the league

He's gonna play this year, I have no doubt, that's football. There will always be an opportunity to prove yourself with injuries etc. I just want him to make the most of it!

Out "Super Sport" machine. Suggs and Sergio! Hopefully this will materialize cuz I loved watchin the highlights of this kid in college!