ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

varaven45

Last night's God awful performance signals an alarming, disturbing trend: the team's inability to perform consistently well from week to week. We blow out the Steelers, act like we won the damn Super Bowl, then take off the next week in Tennessee. Go out and whip a solid, alleged playoff team in Houston, then lay a monster egg last night against a Blaine Gabbbert led team. Did I say a Blaine Gabbert led team for Gods sakes ?

What happened to our so called Super Bowl favorite ? How did it (esp the offense) take its collective foot off the gas pedal until the last 4-5 minutes of the game ? How did a team, playing in the spotlight of MNF, literally get whipped and punched in the mouth at the LOS all night long ? Watch the tape and see how Jax's D owned our OL all night long.

How many more times are we going to hear the Coach say we gotta get better, work harder and execute better; only to watch them repeat the same thing over and over again ? .

How long will it take Harbaugh to instill in his team there has to be zero tolerance for performances like last night's listless, uninspired, effort ?

How long before Biscottl and Harbaugh acknowledge and accept the fact this team's offense will not play at a consistenly high enough level to become an elite team until we turn the OC reins over to some one else ? Our O's lack of urgency was on center stage last night until the last 4-5 minutes.

How long before our D just says "screw it", we cant bail out this offense every week ?

Our team's season and success hinges on how we decisively address these questions. :gorave:

The thing that boggled my mind was on the second to last drive yes the ravens scored and were in the no huddle but there was zero sense of urgency. I know when the steelers go no huddle/hurry up the plays come from ben not arains. The fact that flacco had to look to the sidelines imo is what really bogged them down. I like flacco i think he is a good qb but he needs to be more accurate if he wants to take that next step. I know the wrs weren't helping him last night but the numbers for the year they were showing last night arent good at all. Back to the no huddle is it cam is a micro manager and doesnt trust flacco to read the d and make the call or can flacco not read the d and make the call.

My expectations for this team are probably going to be consistently lower as long as Joe is the QB. Other people see strides taken in his game, I still see a QB who suffers from the same problems he did when he was a rookie. He still locks onto one target, still cannot read defenses, and his progressions seem to still be primary then Ray Rice 5 yards down field. He holds the ball forever. He is the biggest problem on this offense IMO.

I don't care if he is the best QB this team has ever had, that shouldnt be the goal. The goal should be to have a good QB and right now Joe is not, and I don't see any signs he will ever be.

Million dollar arm, 50 cent head.

i dunno. Against pitt, stl and houston dude was hitting 3rd and 4th progressions. Sliding in the pocket, throwing deep not short. I have notices a big improvement in his movement in the pocket from last year to this year..

Our recievers last night had zero separation. They even showed it on the analysis during the game. It was one on one bump and run all day long and we got beat bad. Boldins only catches he had to fight for every one. He got wrapped up before the ball even got tucked away most the time. Torrey did not burn anyone. The jags were stride for stride on every bomb. Williams was covered. It seemed every completion we did make was just in time before the DBs got to them. And its not like Joe doesnt have velocity. Dickson snuck free a few times on little out routes but even he couldnt break any tackles. I must say the Jags secondary was outstanding. There was no complex schemes, no exotic blitzes. Just man to man coverage and we got bitched slapped. Cam cameron didnt run crossing patterns. Didnt overload the line on running plays. Couldnt run play action because we couldnt run. It was just terrible.

Im not flushing Joe yet, we almost won that F'in game had Harbs dumb ass kicked it deep. They would have ran MJD three times and punted us the ball giving us only 50 yards to go after we had finally found some type of urgency and rythm on O.

If we had won last night the only thing that would have been better is our record. It would not have erased the horrible night most of our players had.

Cam doesn't usually call crossing patterns because someone cannot see them.

Cam doesn't usually call crossing patterns because someone cannot see them.

And you know this how? I distinctly remember crossing patterns that worked in Flacco's first year with Clayton catching the ball over the middle. Not since though.

The disturbing trend is that they can't win on the road.

The character and chemistry of that offense sucks...and Joe and Cam are huge parts of that.

There is so much wrong on the O.

Joe hasn't grown into the postion, turned a corner or become better. He's regressed.

Oher's regressed.

McKinnie and Girode are washed up.

Birk is hobbled.

Rice isn't used.

TE's can't block.

Leach isn't used.

Rookie receivers trying to find their way...just not NFL ready yet.

An OC who doesn't know how to get his unit fired up and ready to play with pride and a killer instict. They have no confidence or passion.

Rigid game plans that do not change according to what the defenses give them. No winning adjustments.

No urgency...hang around in the huddle waiting for Mama to tell them what to do and then just slowly lumber along to the line of scrimage until they are sure there is not enough time for Joe to read a defense and call an audible.

If they get punched, they fold into a fetal position.

They basically did to us what we do to people.

Refering to the punching of the face and fetal position

I don't agree with that. Baltimore's defense held Jacksonville without a TD. It was your offense that got punched in the face, bent over a table, pants pulled to the floor, fucked in the ass, and then found the fetal position.

I don't agree with that. Baltimore's defense held Jacksonville without a TD. It was your offense that got punched in the face, bent over a table, pants pulled to the floor, fucked in the ass, and then found the fetal position.

furst.jpg"Could you be a little bit more descriptive there?"

BTW...the post was about the offense...not the D.