ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

I'm gonna say it, we should have kept Zorn and fired Cam

yagersports

Let's not forget that the offense has actually played well at times this year. They've looked fantastic for 2 games, including 1 versus our chief rival. They were solid for a third game, and poor for 3 games. Overall 3 out of 6 stinks and definitely needs improvement, but it is not rock bottom. A change in coordinator and the promotion of an inexperienced play-caller could produce even worse results. What then? The Jax game was awful...as bad as it gets, but it was just one game. The Ravens shouldn't overreact to it by axing Cam midseason

It's just my opinion that Cam has lost the confidence of his QB and players and therefore there is no chance for him to right the ship. I've been wrong before, but I think the only shot at salvaging something is to give the players some hope that things can change. So long as Cam is at the helm, they do not have this. Boldin is fed up, Joe stands next to him with a scowl and his arms crossed, and everyone is wondering why Rice isn't "given the damn ball". I guarantee you this has a ripple effect with the offensive line. Guys need something to play for, no matter what their age and experience level.

Give a soldier something to fight for and he becomes more dangerous than 10 men. Try fighting an average man in his own home.

I'm not advocating no OC, I'm saying promote someone. I'm sure there's someone on our staff that wants a shot. Someone that can attempt to step up. This offense right now, isn't much more than a rudderless ship.

Let's put that into perspective. No third downs until the 3 quarter. That's damn near impossible to pull off! That's what a rudderless ship of an offense looks like.

If Cam salvages this somehow I'll be amazed and I'll certainly shout from the mountaintops that I was wrong. But from where I'm sitting it doesn't get much worse.

Anyone know what Matt Cavanaugh is doing these days???

Isnt he OC for the University of Pittsville

HOLY SHIT!!!

On February 4, 2009, it was announced that Cavanaugh would leave his job as offensive coordinator for the Pittsburgh Panthers in order to take an Offensive Assistant Coaching position with the New York Jets.

Edited by cravnravn

Just to play devils advocate here could the problem be flacco. Hes at the bottom in just about everything. Yeah he only has 5the pivks but only 8the passing tds and a completion percentage of 52%. Bad oc or not he cant control the qbs completion percentage. Crave you can say its because he's going deep or whatever but that just doesn't cut it. The only starter below him is gabbert. So is it the oc or the qb? http://aol.sportingnews.com/nfl/statistics/player/passing/sort/passing_yards/2011