ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

I'm gonna say it, we should have kept Zorn and fired Cam

yagersports

It's clear to me that Zorn was the guy getting the most out of Flacco. Cam just doesn't have the respect of confidence of Flacco and the offense. Harbaugh made a poor choice. Not sure if it could really get any worse, I think we should dismiss Cam immediately. He doesn't want to commit to the run and he doesn't want to commit to being Flacco's mentor. Hell, truthfully I don't think he really wants to commit to Flacco.

This is all speculative of course based on comments in news articles, message boards, and the body language I see Joe and Cam exhibit towards each other. We need a change very quickly and I'm not convinced that Cam is the guy to do it.

I'm ready to move on without him because I don't think we'll be winning much no matter what this guy does. He's probably capable, but I don't believe that anyone in the Baltimore offense believes in this guy.

Let's move on.

Someone that believes me:

http://sports.yahoo.com/top/news?slug=ycn-10283601

I'd be all for getting rid of him, I just do not think it would help that much, Not that I think he is a good OC.

We sure hate our OCs here, blame them for everything, Lousy and average QBs have a way of making their OCs look poor.

I'd be all for getting rid of him, I just do not think it would help that much, Not that I think he is a good OC.

We sure hate our OCs here, blame them for everything, Lousy and average QBs have a way of making their OCs look poor.

Lousy offensive lines and receivers that can't get open in man-to-man do that too. Cam should go but to do it now probably wouldn't help as its way too late to implement a new offensive system this season.

I'm sure the Ravens can find better OC's than Zorn.

The offense last night looked like a group of slappies who had stepped on the field for the first time together.

That part is Cam's fault....not having them ready to play...and he should be fired for it at the end of the season.

Lombardi could have given them the perfect game plan and these guys would not be able to execute it.

That's on the players and Flacco.

Joe can't move with any sense of urgency or passion. He can't crack the whip...he doesn't have that in him. The dogs laid down and nobody could get them up.

Flacco???? I think he can help get a team to the playoffs but that's all. He can't win the big games on the big stage. He can't carry an offense...will it to win and score...come from behind...

Why wait until the end of the season. Why give the players the impression that nothing will be done and it's a wasted season. At least empower them to feel like they can attempt to control their own destiny. Give them something to play for because Cam certainly is not doing that. It's clear by the body language of every player on offense. They hate this guy.

Max,

Its a tough pill to swallow but you are right. The offense is a huge mess and Harbaugh, Cam, the OL, Joe are all to blame. But Joe just doesnt seem to have IT.

He doesnt or hasnt yet shown the fire, passion or will to win, especially in pressure packed situations. I dont know that he ever will.

To his defense, he has never had a true mentor (Cam certainly aint that), his WR corps is constantly changing, and his OL sucks. A top QB like Brady or Rodgers would overcome and make something happen, take the team on his back, and win. Joe hasnt taken that step and I dont know he ever can.

Its a tough pill for any fan to swallow.

:cryin:

Why wait until the end of the season. Why give the players the impression that nothing will be done and it's a wasted season. At least empower them to feel like they can attempt to control their own destiny. Give them something to play for because Cam certainly is not doing that. It's clear by the body language of every player on offense. They hate this guy.

Because as bad as they looked last night this team is good with a very real chance to make the playoffs.

A new OC and system will have this offense playing like last night every week.

Spen and all,

The point that makes me go after Cam is something I think I mentioned last night - poor ability to even get a play called and run in time on a regular basis. Maybe it's just that Cam is so incredibly bright that he has trouble going through his 1000 plays to find the exact perfect one. But there is 0 reason that we should, every game, be calling timeouts because play calls either don't get to Joe or Joe doesn't have time to set up or whatever. I'm sure there's probably some laziness involved on the players side, but I've just never seen it before from "good teams."

Even when we are clicking, moving along on a great drive and everyone is in the zone... we'll have one of these moments of "hm, someone just forgot to call a play."

And perhaps it alone is a small thing. But added to everything else that's wrong with this offense and I have to see it is a symptom of something so much bigger going on. I think it has to be related to failures on many other levels. If we can't do the little things right consistently, we won't do anything right consistently.

Is it Joe's fault Cam can't get the play called to him with more than 15 secs left while he is in a 2 min drill? How about Cam call a play allowing his WR's to get open with say a crossing pattern. He likes to do the same thing over and over and seems to expect a different outcome. I have heard that somewhere in that past.

Also you can't fire Cam now. There is nobody to run the offense with him gone. Cam got those guys out of town.

I understand the ramifications of firing an OC mid season, however we are going to limp into the playoffs at best right now. Can our QB coach (do we have one?), WR coach, or RB coach really not accomplish the same thing? I believe that whatever perceived dropoff will occur by not havig Cam around will be made up by the empowerment the players will hopefully feel once he's gone.

We're not winning the Super Bowl with this guy, it's unfortunate. I am an optimist and I'd rather look forward the the opportunities without Cam than the constant BS with him. Surely someone can run the offense with equal abysmal ineptitude! I'm quite certain I can ensure a team does not get a first down until the third quarter! Lol

Papa is right..you can't get rid of Cam mid-season. Harbaurgh is a special teams coach...he's never called offensive plays. None of the coaches on the offensive staff have coordinator experience. You can't just make a move to make a move. If we don't develop some offensive consistency I think Cam will be fired at the end of the season, but there is no way they get rid of him before then unless he does something extreme like becoming insubordinate.

I know one thing, Cam needs to get his ass off the field during game time and up in the booth, Maybe he'll get a better view of whats really happening and can make adjustments from the booth. On the field you just dont have a clear view of the entire field.

And no way do we fire Cam or replace Joe now, if its going to get worse, so be it, making the changes in January when the season is over and start fresh from there.

My point being is that this is rock bottom. I don't believe Cam has what it takes to win this offensive unit back. The negatives of losing Cam as a coordinator will be made up with the positives of giving the offensive players hope that they can control their destiny. That something will be done.

No first downs until midway through the 3rd quarter is not irrational. Cam is proving that he's definitely far below average. How many OC's have that happen in their career and are successful? Not at all irrational, it's the truth. I'm obviously beingfacetious saying my son could be the OC. What I'm getting at is Cam is terrible, that's been proven. Give someone else an opportunity. Why continue to move on with terrible.

There's pros and cons both ways so far as firing Cam now as opposed to the end of the season. My biggest problem with it is that he's also the QB coach so I don't know who would actually call the plays. On the other hand, maybe Joe should call his own plays---and hopefully he'll execute them(?)!