ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Steelers Week Part II

cravnravn

9. In 2010, Ravens defensive tackle Haloti Ngata was one of the best defensive players in the NFL. The past two games, he sure hasn't looked like it. He was blocked all game by the Jaguars in the Monday night loss, but he wasn't much of a factor against Arizona on Sunday either. The Cardinals handled him with single blocks some of the time. Ngata did get a pressure, but that came after Terrell Suggs forced Kevin Kolb up in the pocket. He also got a hit on Kolb that forced a fumble, but even that came after he circled back after being blocked out of the play. That play was nullified by a penalty on the Ravens. Ngata just doesn't seem as powerful as he has been in the past........... is this true i havent noticed but once i read this it hit me that there hasnt been as much ngata talk this year

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9. In 2010, Ravens defensive tackle Haloti Ngata was one of the best defensive players in the NFL. The past two games, he sure hasn't looked like it. He was blocked all game by the Jaguars in the Monday night loss, but he wasn't much of a factor against Arizona on Sunday either. The Cardinals handled him with single blocks some of the time. Ngata did get a pressure, but that came after Terrell Suggs forced Kevin Kolb up in the pocket. He also got a hit on Kolb that forced a fumble, but even that came after he circled back after being blocked out of the play. That play was nullified by a penalty on the Ravens. Ngata just doesn't seem as powerful as he has been in the past........... is this true i havent noticed but once i read this it hit me that there hasnt been as much ngata talk this year

He's having a monster year..ask Mandenhall, Ben and Sanchez and t ton of O linemen....the best tackle in the NFL. He plays NG, DT and DE sometimes. That is not a stat rated position. Nobody runs on the Ravens. Nobody scores. 16 turnovers...it all happens because of the pressure that he brings which frees up the other players.

Wait nobody scores didnt the cards just put up 27 you. Also you better hope and pray joe wins this year with the number 1 defense or there goes all the ravens fans argument that ben wins because of his defense. Lets hear how much ben sucks this year the lowest he is in any category is 8th the highest joes is in any is 12th. By this time in bens career he had a ring and was working on another plus threw for over 4300 yards in a season. Also no need for the hostility i was just asking a question.

Looking more and more like harrison will be back. 4 weeks of anger built up.

Yeah OK, and wait til he lays one of his pattened helmet to helmet shots on someone, that eye socket will shatter..If Silverback had any brains wht so ever he'd sit Sunday..Its going to be a war.

There's no doubt the Steelers have become better as this season has progressed...but they are not unbeatable. They have their weaknesses.

The Ravens D has grown better too. The offense has not progressed. That is the weak link LeBow will try to break. They have a history of handing games to the Steelers and the Steelers will ask them to do it one more time. ...turn it over.

The game plan will be a simple one...stop the running game, take out Ray Rice and force Flacco to beat them with his arm.

The Steelers are 14th against the run and this Ravens O line can road grade. They are the weakest link in this game but they do not face a dominant Steelers front 7 as in years past.

The way I see this matchup, the Steelers get revenge over the season opening butt whoopin' the Ravens put on them.

Don't get me wrong. I never hope for a Pittsburgh win, but that's what I feel coming.

Our Father in Heaven, before we go into battle every Raven among us will approach You, each in his own way. The Steelers too, according to their own understanding, will ask for protection and for victory. And so we bow before Your infinite wisdom. We offer our prayers as best we can. I pray that You watch over the young men like Joe Flacco that I lead into battle; You use me as Your instrument in this awful hell of war, to watch over them. Especially if they are men like this one beside me deserving of a future in Your blessing and good will. Amen. Oh, yes, and one more thing, dear Lord — about the Steelers? Ignore their heathen prayers and help us blow those little bastards straight to hell. Amen again.