ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Boldin Out at least 2 weeks

cravnravn

Here comes Derrick Mason.

Hensley says the Ravens won't miss him...

“He will be back for the playoffs, whichever round we have to play in,” coach John Harbaugh said. “It will be a little tighter if we have to play in the first round.”

While it would be a big blow for most teams to not have their leading receiver, this isn't a major deal for the Ravens. Boldin hasn't developed into the go-to receiver for Joe Flacco that Baltimore envisioned when they traded for him.

He has produced three touchdowns and two 100-yard games this season. His 57 receptions and three touchdowns are his fewest since 2004.

Over the past six games, Boldin has averaged 43.3 yards receiving. Rookie receiver Torrey Smith has averaged more receiving yards during that time (62.2).

With Boldin sidelined, Smith and Lee Evans are expected to start for Baltimore.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/50599/ravens-really-wont-miss-anquan-boldin

Edited by vmax

Perhaps not a big deal but a huge opportunity to :

1. Return to pounding the dang rock - we needed to get Rice, Williams and Leach back in the fold. Here's the opp. riun to tuity

2. Have Mr Evans step up ! What a great way to diversify the passing game w/ Evans, while Boldin is on the mend. Hopefully, when Boldin returns, Joe and his WRs have it togther and Boldin simply becomes another option..

They used him on a kick returns against San Diego late in the game. I think the job is his again.

I keep thinking Dickson could do a good job filling Boldin's role on the offense, even though he's a tight end and obviously a bigger guy. Maybe it's the way we use Boldin. Boldin is on the slow side for a wideout and Dickson is on the fast side for a TE. I think Dickson may even be faster than Boldin. There we go...problem solved.

They used him on a kick returns against San Diego late in the game. I think the job is his again.

I keep thinking Dickson could do a good job filling Boldin's role on the offense, even though he's a tight end and obviously a bigger guy. Maybe it's the way we use Boldin. Boldin is on the slow side for a wideout and Dickson is on the fast side for a TE. I think Dickson may even be faster than Boldin. There we go...problem solved.

Wouldn't Pita be more suited as a wide out?

They'll probably play Williams

Wouldn't Pita be more suited as a wide out?

They'll probably play Williams

Williams has played before and done well catching the ball. The problem is, Boldin is very effective over the middle in traffic and do we have a WR who can do that too without getting killed when we play the Bungles?

Williams has played before and done well catching the ball. The problem is, Boldin is very effective over the middle in traffic and do we have a WR who can do that too without getting killed when we play the Bungles?

I'd say let Pita, Dixon and Rice roam the middle. Smith and Evans out wide.

Slot? Reed, Doss, Williams....of those 3 Reed might be the best but he's never come through in a game.

Edited by vmax