ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

What are you listening to now?

Guest BallTMore

• 3 weeks later...

This band's been puttin' out singles and doing shows for a while now, but won't release their debut for another few weeks. I've preordered the cd/lp, but you can get their stuff digital download; they're hot. this is a live version of Sleigh Bells' "Ring Ring", which is going to be titled "Rill Rill" on their album "Treats", to be released first week in June.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CrjueHZpmWQ

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I clicked on this thread for the first time in months... knowing that THAT is what Spen wrote.

I'm just surprised that there wasn't a video embedded. I owe Ken $10. :(

:)

Sorry man, I was lazy and/or polite.

Listening to Lupe Fiasco's Lasers.

The circumstances surrounding the album is fascinating to me. Lupe and his record company were battling over creative control and the album was delayed for months. Atlantic wanted the album to be more commercial than his first two albums and basically wanted make him a clone of label mate B.O.B (Beautiful Girls). They finally came to a compromise and apparently a big part of the deal was that "The Show goes on" was on the album and had to be the first single. Other than his raps, he had no hand in the early creation of the song - the label just gave him the record and told him to rap over it. The first verse of the song is actually him bitchin about his label - pretty funny.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rmp6zIr5y4U&feature=relmfu

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm listening to George Harrison with Eric Clapton and his band live in Japan.

They just don't have MUSICIANS/SONGWRITERS like this anymore.

• 3 weeks later...

Bengal Billy... we can start this debate if you want... but put on some Mumford & Sons or some Dawes and tell me they aren't doing some fantastic things. Writing all their own music. Playing it all themselves. Quality song writing without being cheesy or overly cliched. And both, at very young ages, have written not only solid albums, but albums that span from anthems to slower quality 'drawls' for lack of a better word.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...