ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Terrell Suggs Not Optimistic He'll Play

ravinmaniac52

-- Terrell Suggs Not Optimistic He'll Play --

Wed Jan 14, 2009 --from FFMastermind.com

The Baltimore Sun reports on Monday, Ravens HC John Harbaugh sounded cautiously optimistic about the availability of Pro Bowl LB Terrell Suggs against the Pittsburgh Steelers, but Suggs himself sounded less than certain later that evening on Fox Sports 1370. Suggs said after Saturday's Tennessee Titans game that his sprained shoulder would not keep him out of the AFC championship game, but Monday night he said he might have to wear a brace or harness - similar to the one former Raven LB Peter Boulware used to wear - if he played. Suggs also said he had confidence in his replacement, LB Edgar Jones.

Am I in denial or why is it that I keep thinking there's no way Suggs will miss this game and that the Ravens are putting on some gamesmanship involving Suggs?

Now Rolle, he may not be the player he once was, but I really worry if Rolle can't go. I don't see Frank Walker covering the Steelers #2 receiver very effectively. Groin injuries linger, so I can't imagine Rolle just being able to play very effectively, no matter how much they tape him up!

Am I in denial or why is it that I keep thinking there's no way Suggs will miss this game and that the Ravens are putting on some gamesmanship involving Suggs?

Now Rolle, he may not be the player he once was, but I really worry if Rolle can't go. I don't see Frank Walker covering the Steelers #2 receiver very effectively. Groin injuries linger, so I can't imagine Rolle just being able to play very effectively, no matter how much they tape him up!

I agree with you on Rolle.

I think Suggs might be used on passing downs but he won't be able to shed run blocks.

We might see some 4/3 cover 2 on Sunday...Rex might be forced into it.

Washington, Walker, Ivy....geeez!

Usualy I'd be somewhat confident in Walker, but Holmes and Washington are both speedy; we're much better suited with Rolle covering them.

Honestly, I think it's more important that we have Rolle than Suggs.

Man... we are just not on the same page today, Ken.

Rolle... the slow?

Frank Walker is certainly faster than Rolle. And though I hate Walker, I am no fan of Rolle either.

I want Rolle starting... but not because of his speed.

Then again... given his "loop-de-loop" attempt at tackles and coverage in Tenn's game... I don't know.

I guess I want Rolle... and I want him playing off the line 15 yards so he doesn't get beat like Sheila Dixon.

I'm not so much worried about getting beat deep... I'm rarely worried about that, with Ed over the top... I'm more worried about the 10 yard hitch turning into a 50 yard run when Rolle or whoever misses the tackle, because they were playing 10 yards off the receiver.

I'm terrified of having Frank Walker in coverage. I can just imagine him in single coverage on a blitz not a winning proposition. Please get better Samari.

Im not worried about Walker in coverage IF Suggs is at DE...If Suggs is strictly at LBer, we wont get as much pressure on Jen, giving her time to exploit Walker.

I'm not so much worried about getting beat deep... I'm rarely worried about that, with Ed over the top... I'm more worried about the 10 yard hitch turning into a 50 yard run when Rolle or whoever misses the tackle, because they were playing 10 yards off the receiver.

Bingo.

fabian on holmes

rolle on ward

Also, Jameel McClain got no push whatsoever in the second half last week, but then again neither did our whole D line