ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Hat's off to the O's

vmax

"Hey! I've seen this before. Beat them with the long ball and good pitching"

earlweaver.jpg

6-5...O's

Nice to see all those O's fans in the Nationals park.

Just got the weekly reminder from my son that he has a 10.00 ticket on the O's at 1000-1 to win the series.

baltimore-orioles.jpg "The apple doesn't fall far from the tree"

What's not "same ole, same ole" is that I have watched more games this year than in the last 10. I wake up checking scores and have really enjoyed this team.

There is finally something to build on. Signing Jones was huge for me as a fan. There is some semblence of a core emerging.They still have a lot of positions they can improve or upgrade. When they get the starting pitchers they need, look out.

BaltimoreOriolesLogo.gif

What's not "same ole, same ole" is that I have watched more games this year than in the last 10. I wake up checking scores and have really enjoyed this team.

There is finally something to build on. Signing Jones was huge for me as a fan. There is some semblence of a core emerging.They still have a lot of positions they can improve or upgrade. When they get the starting pitchers they need, look out.

BaltimoreOriolesLogo.gif

You know unless things serioulsy fall apart I still expect this team to finish better than last year, probably if I had to guess around 500. No matter the hot start this season thats still a decent goal and good result. I'll be happy with that.

Can we keep the posts from "fans" waiting, expecting, and predicting them to lose to another thread or threads? I am not asking for 'rah rah' posts when they are not warranted but I do not want to read garbage like "I knew this would happen", "I told you so", or "the owner sucks so they will suck". The people posting that garbage are not adding anything, they are just being troll assholes. If you do no tlike the team, stay out of the game threads and let the fans comment.

Know you know a tad how it feels with your negativity on Joe Flacco....

Maybe I am not as positive about Joe as you are, but I try not to be negative and I say positive things when I see them. Even with my doubts about Joe I never stop cheering for him or the team or wanting for him and the team to suceed. I dont wait for him to do poorly to jump in and pile on and I don't do the "i told you so" bullshit some childish posters do.

The problem on this team continues to be offense - even when it looks like pitching, I see offense. We are never consistent. We never get the big run in. We never get the lead we need. No reason we are losing so many games to opponents scoring fewer than 4 runs.

At the beginning of the year, I was starting to turn - finally - towards supporting Robert Andino. But he's back to what I've always said - a poor hitter with a flashy glove. I don't know what illusion everyone else has about him... but he's a 240 hitter and they're all singles. And we're happy to have him leading off? Or starting nightly?

We're striking out at a rate of almost 10x per game.

Now we drop Markakis for four weeks... where are the bats?

Disappointing. Our arms are still there - even when they struggle a bit. So where are the bats?!?

Chens bringing it tonight...hope he holds up... 2-1 O's in the 7th.

Nice win tonight. Last nights was fun but sloppy. Tonight, while I would like to score more than 2 run especially in Fenway, was just a great pitching performance.

Wow...2-1 held up!

Never dreamed the O's could have such a dominant streak against the Red Sox at Fenway....

The Orioles have been victorious in all five games in Boston this season and have won seven consecutive dating back to last September – setting an Orioles’ modern-day franchise record for consecutive victories here.

With a Tampa Bay Rays loss Wednesday, the Orioles (32-24) are again by themselves in first place atop the American League East. The win gave them their first series victory since May 18-20 at Washington. And it dropped the Red Sox (28-28) back to .500 for the first time since May 28.

“We've had a very competitive season so far and we're trying to compete and keep it going,” Orioles manager Buck Showalter said. “You don't expect anybody to pull away. There are too many good teams in our division. You’ve just got to take care of your business and winning one game at a time is really what it's about.”

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/orioles/bs-sp-orioles-redsox-0607-20120606,0,3933265.story

Buck has my vote for Manager of the Year so far.