ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Pimlico to Shoot Self in Foot

cokedupwerewolf

If they're aiming to clean up the race and bring it to the standard of the other two TC races, I don't blame them at all. The Preakness is a complete mess and is nothing to be proud of.

However, I hope they realize they're throwing away more money than they'll recoup selling drinks.

No Force, they did away with it, because of the assholes that were throwing beercans into the crowd..Full I might add you..Theres video on you tube of it..

Its a sad day, My Parents partied on that infield, I partied on that infield, 2 out 3 of my kids partied on that infield..

Its a ritual...

100 bucks that the tools that causes this shit arent from Baltimore.

My favorite post from the facebook account "WTF? whats the point if everyone isnt completely shitfaced?"...

Ummm, there is a major horse race that day.

Im sure this was done partially at least for cash to be made from their alcohol sales. Who knows, maybe the infield will be populated by people who are there for the horse races next year.

If the other two races do not have the same type of infield party as Preakness does I can certainly see why they wanted to change this one. Every year someone or many people do something to make themselves and the event look stupid.

My favorite post from the facebook account "WTF? whats the point if everyone isnt completely shitfaced?"...

Ummm, there is a major horse race that day.

Im sure this was done partially at least for cash to be made from their alcohol sales. Who knows, maybe the infield will be populated by people who are there for the horse races next year.

If the other two races do not have the same type of infield party as Preakness does I can certainly see why they wanted to change this one. Every year someone or many people do something to make themselves and the event look stupid.

That's what I was headed to. There's absolutely nothing wrong with them trying to clean it up, if that's what they wanna do. I don't really blame them at all.

By the same token, I don't blame those who want it to continue, either.

Nor do I. It doesnt bother me either way, I have never been. I can see those that usually go being angry its going to cost more. Hopefully different places still have bus trips in and out.

It also doesnt bother me too much because most sporting events I know of you can't bring your own drinks too.

I know people like Cravn (I think I remember his telling of going to see a baseball game with Edgar Allen Poe a long time ago) can remember when you could bring your own alcohol into events, but its been long gone.

ZZ Topp will be playing, and no beer..LOL

People can still drink there, in fact $3.50 for a 16 ounce beer is a very fair price for an event.

Hardy,har- har Spenny..1978 was my first Preakness, it was yesterday dam it!! went to Shockets in H-Town myself and 2 cousins pitched in and we bought an 8.00 hand truck..3 cases of Natty Boh 2 buckets of KFC we were set for the infield. Been to 4 Preaknesses all told 3 we partied our butts off in the infield, and 1 had owners passes that I took the Mrs too (was forced to behave)..The Preakness infield is Baltimore history, whats next cancelling Sr week downny oshun?

The infield will still be open... this is a good way to get them more income and keep things under control. You can have a party without chaos. That's what I've never understood. Why do people associated chaos with partying?

Most people run out of beer and have to start buying eventually anyway... Numbers might go down a bit, but I bet revenue goes up.

That doesn't make it good history.

Sure it does, the problems started with YOUR generation, not mine we behaved, we drank, we slid in mud.

No we didn't...we did not behave...not there....but for the most part people didn't get hurt.

The word is that it's actually dangerous in the infield now...blame the morons who caused this...not Pimlico.

No we didn't...we did not behave...not there....

In my 3 in the infield visits, I dont recall 1 arrest, nor 1 fist fight..Drunks, yes..Its the now generation, and it is 100% contributed to Rap music. ZZ Topp, now thats music, come on Max I know you still have a doobie hidden in that house..

I could not agree more. So they will keep it at the same old $50-60 price and you can get raped on beer and water prices. Oh they give you what 4 songs from 3 bands for the loss. Enjoy your 5000 idiots and loss of millions of dollars.

If you go to Preakness you are paying for headinism and you understand the consequenses. Nobody on the infield is there for the horses.

But let's be real here...

For a city that so desperately wants to be taken seriously as a sports town... a town that can support everything from local franchises to collegiate championships (Lacrosse comes back in 10/11) to even horse racing... the debauchery that is Preakness has to hurt our image.

Lots of people? Great.

Damage, destruction, violence, arrests, etc? ... Great?

It's just like College Park in the period from 2000 to 2004. The Terps and their fans wanted to be taken seriously as fans and as a sports powerhouse... and how do we do that? Well, on one hand we filled stadiums and won championships and fielded some very strong teams. That worked great.

And then outside the stands our fans rioted and partied and looked like fools. We rioted when we won. We rioted when we lost. We acted like morons.

And then we wonder why Duke and UNC don't consider us "in their class" of programs for basketball? And why FSU, Miami and VT don't consider us in their class either? Even when we're competitive???

If Baltimore wants to taken seriously on the national sports scene, this is probably a good thing. Things will be tamer, but it won't be the end of the party. And now we'll be a town that has one of the three biggest horse races on the planet, two major sports franchises, the home of the nation's fastest growing sport... etc, etc.

Pay $5 for your beer like you do at baseball and football games... or hell... tailgate outside the Preakness and then head inside and pay your $5. It all works out the same.