ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

FA WR's and CB's

RavensNest8483

Wr List: http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/fa?position...fpositionId%3d1

The one's that stick out to me as possible signees for us: Drew Carter, Antonio Bryant, Michael Clayton, Michael Jenkins, Nate Washington, Reggie Williams

CB List: http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/fa?position...positionId%3d29

The one's that stick here to me: Nnamdi, Buchanon, Mcfadden, Dunta Robinson, Dominque Foxworth

Not as many cb's out there.

Michael Jenkins signed an extension during the season, so cross him off of the list. Reggie Williams certainly stands out to me. He doesn't have consistent hands, but he is a big target who can get downfield, make tough catches, has good YAC ability, and is a great redzone target.

As for corner, Check out this topic RavensNest. There is plenty of solid corner depth out there. Maybe not a shoe-in starter, but certainly guys who are already solid sub-package defenders with #2 corner potential.

http://forums.extremeravens.com/index.php?showtopic=623

Other than Bryant McFadden, I would look at Eric Green, Jabari Greer and Kelvin Hayden among a few. There is plenty of corner talent on the market, we just have to find the right guy who fits our system.

• 2 weeks later...
Bly looked horrible for the Broncos. I like Leigh Bodden a lot. As for WR, how about Nate Washington? He is certainly a deep threat.

Yes, we were talking about this before. Bodden would be a good way to go, so would Green.

I think we still have to look at our own WRs.

What about Miles Austin from the Boys?

6-3. close to 220.

Kelvin Hayden signed to a long-term deal: five-year deal worth approximately $43 million with more than $22 million in guarantees. I am sure that this is the type of deal that Bryant McFadden will be searching for. If so, then I would say there is not much of a chance that we will go after him. With this contract, I am sure that Nnamdi Asomugha is going to be looking in the neighborhood of around $30 million plus in guarantees.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3917363

-- Boldin Runs Reverse: Open to New Deal with Cardinals --

Thu Feb 19, 2009 --from FFMastermind.com

NFL.com's Adam Schefter reports WR Anquan Boldin ran a reverse Thursday. Boldin's agent Drew Rosenhaus told Cardinals GM Rod Graves that, while his client remains receptive to a trade, he is willing to sign a long-term deal with Arizona. Previously, Boldin had said he never would re-sign with the Cardinals, but now, after some time away from the team and the game, he has softened his stance. However, if a long-term deal cannot be worked out, Boldin still would like to be dealt. But for the time being, Boldin wanted to give the Cardinals additional options. Rosenhaus and Graves met Thursday in Indianapolis. They covered some ground. There still is plenty more to address.

Because we have other needs. DHB and Harrison would probably take half of that $17 million alone.

Our center and two of our linebackers (not to mention our potential starting safety) are free agents in about 36 hours. We don't and won't have the money to fill those positions, AND sign the top free agent WR AND first round draft choice WR.

It's just not feasible. Not even close.