ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Ravens tag Suggs

DarthSizzle

As expected, the Ravens placed the franchise tag on Terrell Suggs today, keeping the Pro Bowl linebacker-defensive end for another season while trying to work out a long-term deal.

Suggs, 26, will be tendered a one-year, $10.2 million contract for the 2009 season, which is 120 percent of his franchise tag from last season. It's the second straight season the Ravens have used the tag on Suggs.

"Our plan is to sign 'Sizzle' to a long-term contract," general manager Ozzie Newsome said in a statement. "We believe our history of keeping our best players for a long time speaks for itself."

Baltimore Sun

Maybe this year we can get a deal done to keep him here for a few more years.

Suggs averages 8.5 sacks a yr. Without help on the other side he disapears. HE is not worth Freeney money. That is what his inflated contract would be for. BRown is an investment in Flacco. We finally got rid of that loser Flynn who would have had Joe drilled so much this season. Don't let him leave. Also I have no faith in Chester at center.

That's one down....I guess Suggs is drowning his sorrows...close to $19 million dollars between last year and this...it's just not fair of the Ravens to do that to him....

I believe Ozzie....

Ozzie Newsome said in a statement. "We believe our history of keeping our best players for a long time speaks for itself."

Now.......I'm real worried about Brown...I think he'll be offered crazy money on the market...if that happens then the money will be there for Ray and the most of the rest.

Let's get our heads on straight here....the most valuable lineman is the left OT...then the right OT...then your guards...then your center.

The Ravens can not afford to inflate and destroy the salary structure of their line.

Suggs averages 8.5 sacks a yr. Without help on the other side he disapears. HE is not worth Freeney money. That is what his inflated contract would be for. BRown is an investment in Flacco. We finally got rid of that loser Flynn who would have had Joe drilled so much this season. Don't let him leave. Also I have no faith in Chester at center.

I think passed on a few guys at center due to the love of Flynn by Billick. It would be nice to sign Brown but i can see where the team thinks that Suggs means more.

Over-all I think the FO is looking at Suggs as the leader of this team for year to come.

That's one down....I guess Suggs is drowning his sorrows...close to $19 million dollars between last year and this...it's just not fair of the Ravens to do that to him....

I believe Ozzie....

Now.......I'm real worried about Brown...I think he'll be offered crazy money on the market...if that happens then the money will be there for Ray and the most of the rest.

Let's get our heads on straight here....the most valuable lineman is the left OT...then the right OT...then your guards...then your center.

The Ravens can not afford to inflate and destroy the salary structure of their line.

Max, you are starting to worry me about Brown. I see Brown as an emerging All-Pro. Hopefully we will pay him as such.

Max, you are starting to worry me about Brown. I see Brown as an emerging All-Pro. Hopefully we will pay him as such.

I think brown is solid, but I wouldn't pay him what he wants. We have can use chester, who grew alot last yr, then we got yanda and grubbs back. Find a cheap backup center to push chester for starter position and were on our way. Brown is not worth the money hutchinson got from the vikings.

I rather find pay a cb, wr that is on the market than brown.

I still think otherwise. Brown really stepped up as a leader on that line this season, at only 25. That was his first professional season at center too. His best football is still ahead of him. To me, Brown is a must sign and is worth Hutchinson-type money, should he be offered that much by another team.

I just think the really good teams in the NFL always seem to have really good offensive lines. I'd like to keep ours together. I think the Steelers last year were the exception to the rule. Ben ran for his life and made plays, is that what we want Flacco doing??? I'd rather he felt comfortable in the pocket.

Tcleetz.

I echo you concerns. We do need to stop screwing around with Brown and lock him up. :angry:

We get an OL once and for all and now we are going to muck it up.

Just do it for Gods sake ! ;)