ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

5-2 at the Bye

OutsideRzAcE

5-2 at the bye...not too shabby. Seeing the starters drop like flies this year makes you realize what an opportunity they let slip through their fingers last year when they were almost completely healthy going into the playoffs.

Still the majority of games on the road. Suggs is going to be huge for the D down the stretch. Even though we got blown out today, you could see how much better the Dline played with him demanding attention.

Guess what?

The Ravens aren't a defensive team.

Not an offensive one either.

This game was lost in the first quarter after Leach ran for 6 yards down by the endzone. 2nd and 4...two runs and they have some breathing room but nooooooooooooooo!

Have to throw it!

Safety!

All the Houston D wanted to do was tee off on Joe. They could not stop the run. Running would have let the O line beat them up instead of Joe getting beat up.

Is it baseball spring training yet?

Dont count on it Papa. We survived last month against Cleveland at home w/everyone healthy. It will be a grind and right now it could go either way.

Flip a coin although I could easily see Cleveland grinding out a win at home. Lets face it guys. We just arent that good right now, not in October. Yep, its time for the bye !

Cleveland will be dangerous but so will the Ravens. Suggs will be 2 weeks stronger, Ngata and reed will be 2 weeks healthier. I am not getting too worked up about this loss..you could see it coming a mile away. Houston has played us tough but just come up short the past 2 or 3 times, they just came off a trouncing at home, and they are the most complete team in the AFC. Add to that the Ravens just lost thier best cover guy and..well I won't say Ray's injury hurt the team (I'm sorry I love Ray but I think his loss is addition by subtraction at this point in his career).

We've already beaten the 2nd best team in the conference (yes I think the Pats are better than the Ravens). Aside from those two teams everyone else sucks in the AFC. The Ravens will make the playoffs, they have 10 weeks to figure out how to get this defensive line to gel and play well. If Suggs can spark McPhee and Ngata against the run and pass, the rest of the D will fall in to place. In this game he was already attracting double teams and setting the edge better than anyone else so far this season.

The offense....we need to take some of the inconsistency out of it on the road. That just means sticking to the run on the road. Joe got overwhelmed today. He started strong and then the Texans shook him. He should be past that at year 5, but that's just Joe...he has Road stinkers 2 or 3 times a year.

Thanks OTR....I'm so negative right now I can't stand it.

Just watched the Suggs post game interview....it left me feeling better about the rest of the season. This team doesn't have any quit in it.

I cannot help but think that Flacco has hit his ceiling...

here's the ceiling so far this year....

Flacco has been particularly poor on the road. At home this season, he’s completed 94 of 140 (67.1 percent) passes for 1,271 yards, seven touchdowns and two interceptions. On the road this year, he’s 56 of 112 (50 percent) for 566 yards, two touchdowns and four interceptions.

Flacco’s 15-yard touchdown strike to Tandon Doss early in the third quarter was Doss’ first career touchdown and gave the Ravens’ offense its first score on the road in 132 minutes, 56 seconds. It was also just about all the offense accomplished Sunday.

At halftime, Flacco, who repeatedly got balls batted in his face, had completed just 7 of 20 passes for 52 yards and two interceptions, good for a quarterback rating of 4.2. Things got a little better from there, but not by much.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/bal-baltimore-ravens-embarrassed-by-houston-texans-in-4313-loss-20121021,0,4149337.story

Dont count on it Papa. We survived last month against Cleveland at home w/everyone healthy. It will be a grind and right now it could go either way.

Flip a coin although I could easily see Cleveland grinding out a win at home. Lets face it guys. We just arent that good right now, not in October. Yep, its time for the bye !

When a team gets the crap kicked out of them the next game they generally destroy a team the next week See last week and the Texans.

Good points by Eisenberg...

The reality is a lot more alarming than their record suggests. They’re fortunate not to be entering the bye on a three-game losing streak. Kansas City handed them a win two weeks ago, and Dallas completely outplayed them last week, but botched just enough key plays to lose it. The Ravens are getting beaten every which way on defense, and their offense can’t perform on the road or stay on the field, as evidenced by Sunday’s 4-for-15 stat on third downs. My two cents, I’d credit that 5-2 record as being worth little more than a nickel going forward. This season is still young enough that it could go either way for the Ravens, and they have a ton of improving to do to keep it from going the wrong way.

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/The-Breakdown-Ravens’-Reality-Alarming-Despite-5-2-Record/365ca977-b3f1-494f-8be3-b95e04d423b9

Smoke and mirrors ain't working.