ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Ravens sign Shiancoe

vmax

Not excited about this but they have to get somebody.

A day after Dennis Pitta's potentially season-ending hip injury, the Ravens agreed to a deal with former Morgan State standout Visanthe Shiancoe.

Shiancoe, 33, has played parts of 10 NFL seasons, last appearing in four games with the New England Patriots during the 2012 season. Shiancoe signed a one-year standard deal for the veteran minimum of $940,000

With the Ravens, he joins a tight end group that includes starter Ed Dickson, Billy Bajema, Alex Silvestro and Matt Furstenburg (Maryland).

Read more: http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/ravens-insider/bal-ravens-sign-shiancoe-20130728,0,7453854.story#ixzz2aN8TQDLA

You need playmaking TE mismatches in todays NFL. A 33 year old is.......old.

Bajema is no answer either.

I think its a good move to add the experience. I think he'll be better than Bajema. I also have hopes for Furstenburg.

I agree he'll be better than Bajaema who can only block and hope Furstenberg is who I think he is. Furst had 5 different QB's throwing to him last year including a linebacker turned QB so he had no shot at anything being thrown right.

I watched quite a bit of this guy in his heyday with the Vikings only a couple years ago. Heard good things about his workout, I'll be interested to see if he has anything left in the tank. I think we need to go out and get Lloyd and bring back Leach now.

Brandon Lloyd would be an obvious target if we could afford him and the other options don't pan out.

I think Caldy's O is geared to TE and slot recvrs to set up the deep ball. And with a Rice/Pierce rb tandom, it shouldn't be a problem for him to devise a winning game plan.

Pitta is a major player but with all the other talent we have, it's just a matter of moving the pieces a little.

We gotta see what Juice and Furstenburg can bring to the table before we make a panic decision and sign another washed up bum vet WR or TE....

Just remember the Heap/Mason panic, and be assured, Harbs and Co. know what to do......

Ravens REPEAT !!!!