ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Ray Lewis hit it on the head

Tornado700

Remember about a month ago when Ray said on ESPN that the Ravens have lost their leaders? Remember when he was severly criticized by Flacco, et al for sying that?

Ray was right. Again.

Apples to oranges ray was commenting about the stripper bus when he made that comment, strippers have zilch to do with what is happening in the locker room

I think what's missing is emotional leadership---the kind that gets guys fired up like back in the Lombardi days. Coaches like Bellichick seem to to be able to get the team up for every game. Thing is, these days they are a real rarity.

Harbaugh has been an excellent coach for 5 years but he did have Ray to give the pregame motivational speech. Now it's up to him to either do it himself or find some player that can.

Unless you're the Patriots (HOF Coach, QB and crappy division), you're going to struggle and have losing seasons every now and then. It's unfair to the players on this team to point to a lack of leadership as the reason. Ray was on a few sub .500 teams...did the team lack leadership then?

Unless you're the Patriots (HOF Coach, QB and crappy division), you're going to struggle and have losing seasons every now and then. It's unfair to the players on this team to point to a lack of leadership as the reason. Ray was on a few sub .500 teams...did the team lack leadership then?

No the team didn't lack leadership then but I remember them playing with a lot more intensity.

Don't get me wrong. I was just giving Ray's motivational speech as the kind of thing I think a coach should be giving.

However, players are different now and I bet harder to motivate too.

No the team didn't lack leadership then but I remember them playing with a lot more intensity.

Don't get me wrong. I was just giving Ray's motivational speech as the kind of thing I think a coach should be giving.

However, players are different now and I bet harder to motivate too.

It's got to be hard to duplicate the hunger and drive they had the past few seasons after all the "close but no cigar" playoff disappointments that fueled them in years past. After being up 14 and blowing the game against the Steelers in the Divisional Round and after the Cundiff/Evans choke job, the intensity and drive was high two years ago and through the roof last year. Getting the monkey off your back is good and all but sometimes it's one heck of a motivator. Just as a fan I know I am a lot more relaxed and less intense while watching Ravens games simply because they won it all last year. I can only imagine how the players feel.

• Upvote 1

It's got to be hard to duplicate the hunger and drive they had the past few seasons after all the "close but no cigar" playoff disappointments that fueled them in years past. After being up 14 and blowing the game against the Steelers in the Divisional Round and after the Cundiff/Evans choke job, the intensity and drive was high two years ago and through the roof last year. Getting the monkey off your back is good and all but sometimes it's one heck of a motivator. Just as a fan I know I am a lot more relaxed and less intense while watching Ravens games simply because they won it all last year. I can only imagine how the players feel.

Yup...they are suffering from post-Championship letdown, no doubt about it.

He was a very underrated MLB.

I'll never forget the time a drunk ran out on the field and Curtis took him out. Didn't even need the cops that day!

I will NEVER EVER forget that..I said to my dad, look at this nut running on the field, then BOOOOOOOOOOOOM the Blue 32 express took care of that