ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Leadership

varaven45

Hey, va. One would hope that the leaders would be Flacco and Rice, but maybe that's because they are the big name players on offense. One would also hope that Suggs would step up, but I seriously have my doubts about that ever happening. Who really knows what goes on in the locker room.

My guess would be Daryl Smith on defense.... a veteran that produces on the field

Offense..... Who the hell knows..... Maybe Leach.... I heard in the past it was Boldin.

Our draft class had a lot of team leaders... (Elam,Brown, and Simon) but it'll take a few seasons for them to assert leadership.

Hey, va. One would hope that the leaders would be Flacco and Rice, but maybe that's because they are the big name players on offense. One would also hope that Suggs would step up, but I seriously have my doubts about that ever happening. Who really knows what goes on in the locker room.

I need to look at his numbers but Rice might be done here after this season. Suggs is just to much of a man child to be a leader.

My guess would be Daryl Smith on defense.... a veteran that produces on the field

Offense..... Who the hell knows..... Maybe Leach.... I heard in the past it was Boldin.

Our draft class had a lot of team leaders... (Elam,Brown, and Simon) but it'll take a few seasons for them to assert leadership.

I think Smith will make to much on the open market and will be elsewhere.

Leadership...Schmeadership

Give me an OL that can push people around and I would take my chances with the supposed "leaderless" team we have now.

Agreed.

Dee you're right. Who the hell knows what is really happening in the locker room and what's being said on the sidelines and in the huddles.

I think the leaders will emerge during this losing streak. We'll know later, after things turn around.

It will be the guys who step up and make plays during games....the guys who give everything with no quit....they will lead by example and take the reins.

He did roll this weekend without seeing the press.

See? He's already following in Ray's footsteps :thumbup:

We'll see...I think that was the first time he bolted this year. It could possibly be frustration boiling over. One time is excusable - we'll see if he makes a habit of it.

But it is the same issue. It is easy to stand up there when you kick ass. When you lose like that you need to stand up there. It sets you as a guy who wont run from an problem but will face it head on. It allows you to be the focus of the team and ask for a little bit more from your teammates when the game is on the line.

Something tells me that after Cinncy stomps us Sunday that the locker room will implode, giving Mike Preston multiple articles in the monday edition of the Sun.

On a side note, next weekend I will be in Baltimore, I have a Sunday flight out of BWI, and I will be in my Ravens attire, and my 30 minute layover is in greater Cinncy airport, known as Cinncatucky Intl..NOTHING would give me pleasure then to waltz thru that airport in my gear, if we somehow pull off the upset this weekend..

But it is the same issue. It is easy to stand up there when you kick ass. When you lose like that you need to stand up there. It sets you as a guy who wont run from an problem but will face it head on. It allows you to be the focus of the team and ask for a little bit more from your teammates when the game is on the line.

I agree it's a problem if it continues, but so far it has happened once. If we lose to the Bengals and he bolts again then I agree it's an issue.

Something tells me that after Cinncy stomps us Sunday that the locker room will implode, giving Mike Preston multiple articles in the monday edition of the Sun.

On a side note, next weekend I will be in Baltimore, I have a Sunday flight out of BWI, and I will be in my Ravens attire, and my 30 minute layover is in greater Cinncy airport, known as Cinncatucky Intl..NOTHING would give me pleasure then to waltz thru that airport in my gear, if we somehow pull off the upset this weekend..

LOL...are you sure you'll want to do that? We'll still be sub .500 and they'll still be in first