@ Philly

vs KC

I see 3 losses there.

Jaguars 7-5

vs Miami

vs Indy

@ new England

@ Leaveland

I see 3 more losses, and Leaveland in January wont be a picnic.

No reason we wont win out to finish 10-6, hell that would put us as the #5 seed..and possibly a home playoff game.

Guest BallTMore

I don't care if we're one-and-done. Blown out by 40. Playoffs is better than no playoffs.

We had a pretty good draft last year with a low spot, so I don't know why fans are so worried about draft position.

To quote Herm Edwards: "You play to win the game!"

• Upvote 1

I don't care if we're one-and-done. Blown out by 40. Playoffs is better than no playoffs.

We had a pretty good draft last year with a low spot, so I don't know why fans are so worried about draft position.

To quote Herm Edwards: "You play to win the game!"

Exactly. I'll take my chances in a first round matchup against, Cincy, San Diego, Denver, or whoever wins the AFC East.

Guest BallTMore

I said nothing about a draft spot...but I'd rather not get my hopes up. Just too damn frustrating to watch this season...

Wasn't really directed at you. Just a general comment I've seen some fans express that I'd included in my reply.

This has been a frustrating season, but it is what it is. Odds are we are one-and-done if we get in, but there is still a possibility we could spoil some teams entire season in the playoffs. That would make the season better right there.

What's with the thread title? I know you want to get in.

I always want to make the playoffs. The Playoffs were a factor in getting PSL's...I want that guaranteed seat.

If I could get through the 4-12 and 6-9 seasons, then I think I can handle a playoff loss...:)

Remember...it's a looooooong off season so every extra week of Ravens football is icing on the cake.

Remember this too....the Ravens almost beat the Colts and Pats and who knows what a 3rd shot at the Bengals will bring?

One key here is to enter the playoffs on a roll...like the Ravens winning out the rest of the schedule.

They'd be dangerous then...to any AFC opponent.

I am rooting hard for the playoffs but I still think we need to win out to get in, not just win 3 out of 4. I'm not sure the Ravens can do that.

I definately have my doubts. They looked like a team that quit last Sunday...they looked like the Steelers who have lost 5 straight (3 to slappies!)...that wasn't supposed to happen.

But I'll go with my head...the Ravens beat teams with losing records.

Every team on their remaining schedule has a losing record.....:)

I'll say this...it will be a war in Pittsburgh because that's their season now...to avenge their loss to the Ravens and knock them out of the playoffs.

That is the stuff that makes the great rivalries.

Figure I'll put up some scenarios here:

In order for the Ravens to have a chance, the Ravens have to win out and have either Jacksonville or Denver lose twice along the road. Possible teams tied at 10-6 are Denver, Jacksonville, Jets, Miami, New England and the Ravens (I'm going to let the scenario of the Chargers falling apart be for now).If Jacksonville loses only once, they will have the highest conference record of any of the 10-6 teams, so they will get in over all the others. If Jacksonville and Denver both lose twice, the tiebreakers for Denver lose twice apply.

Assuming NE wins the East:

If Jacksonville loses twice:

Ravens could theoretically tie with Jets and Miami. Jets would be eliminated over Miami due to lower division record. Ravens over Miami on common games (W Pitt/Pitt/SD, L NE/Indy vs. W NE/Pitt, L NE/SD/Indy)

If Miami loses, Ravens beat Jets on conference record

If Denver loses twice:

If Denver loses to 2 AFC teams, Denver's conference record would be 7-5, eliminating them on conference record, revert to tiebreakers for if Jacksonville loses twice.

If Denver loses to Philly +1 AFC team, Miami wins out: Denver, Ravens, Miami tied.

If Denver beats Indy, Miami eliminated on common games (3-2 for Denver/Baltimore, 2-3 Miami). Tiebreaker reverts to step 1, Ravens win head-to-head.

If Denver loses to Indy, Ravens advance on common games record (3-2 vs. 2-3 for Miami/Denver)

If Denver loses to Philly +1 AFC team, Miami loses, Jets win out:

Jets eliminated on conference record, tiebreaker reverts to Baltimore head-to-head over Denver

If Miami wins the East (New England cannot lose division and go 10-6 unless only loss comes against Buffalo; Jets cannot win division at 10-6, and the Jets portions of all tiebreakers are the same as above):

If Jacksonville loses twice:

NE beats Jets on division record. NE beats Ravens by head-to-head

If Denver loses twice: (A NE, Denver, Baltimore tiebreaker would not be resolved by head-to-head, since each team beat one of the other two tied teams and lost to the other)

If Denver loses to two AFC teams, Ravens advance on conference record (7-5 for NE, Denver, Jets)

If Denver loses to Philly + 1 AFC team, NE eliminated by conference record, tiebreaker reverts, Ravens beat Denver head-to-head.

So in sum, if the Ravens win out, they will go to the playoffs if either Denver or Jacksonville lose twice, with one unlikely exception (which is if Miami wins out, New England loses at Buffalo but wins its other three games, Jacksonville loses twice and Denver does not lose exactly twice). So we need help and to take care of business the rest of the way, but are not exactly longshots to make the playoffs

• Upvote 1

Wow, good stuff BMW. It is still a little too confusing to me. I am just ready to take care of business against Detroit and Chicago setting up an epic game in Pittsburgh. You know their Super Bowl at that point will be trying to knock us out of the playoffs. It will be like 2003 all over again where we were 9-6 going into Pittsburgh needing a win to get into the playoffs.

thanks bmw.

So I'm doing the math and speculation-wise I'm with crav's original post of this thread with the exception that I see the 2 losses for Denver and the Jags...

crav...

Denver 8-4

@Indy

vs Oakland

@ Philly

vs KC

I see 3 losses there.

Jaguars 7-5

vs Miami

vs Indy

@ new England

@ Leaveland

I see 3 more losses, and Leaveland in January wont be a picnic.

Now...the Ravens chances of winning out are not too good IMO, yet given the schedule it's not impossible. What we have is an average .500 team trying to win out over sub .500 teams (that helps). Do it one game at a time but they must get better as a team each game and hit Pittsburgh on a roll.

It will make each game and each week, if it's a win, very exciting.

thanks bmw.

So I'm doing the math and speculation-wise I'm with crav's original post of this thread with the exception that I see the 2 losses for Denver and the Jags...

Now...the Ravens chances of winning out are not too good IMO, yet given the schedule it's not impossible. What we have is an average .500 team trying to win out over sub .500 teams (that helps). Do it one game at a time but they must get better as a team each game and hit Pittsburgh on a roll.

It will make each game and each week, if it's a win, very exciting.

I like our chances of winning out a lot more. I'll say it, Detriot, Chicago, and Oakland are *** I'm stupid for thinking this game is easy ***s. It all comes down to the Pittsburgh game.

Why the Colts and Steelers didnt throw deep often on us I dont understand.

Manning threw long twice on us and was picked off twice..The only one he connected on was to Gurcon. The pressure that day from the front 7 was probably the best we had brought since the Denver game.