ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Am I goin out on a limb or...

tgann68

I think we need to keep things in perspective. A couple of weeks ago we were really down on the team and now I'm afraid the purple-colored glasses are out in full force. We have a very tough road ahead to make the playoffs or win the division and this team isn't exactly blowing anybody anyway. If the AFC wasn't so weak we wouldn't stand a chance.

• Upvote 1

I'm looking at this team and giving an honest account.

Our D front 7 and secondary is playing ridiculous; Defense wins championships. Our offense has been playing better and has lost 4 games at 3 or under points. We catch a break in two of those games and we lead the division. With Pitta back we are going to be tough we absolutely need him in the redzone.

I am up on this team not bc I'm a homer but bc we have a chance and they won a championship last year by streaking in December.

LET'S GO RAVENS!

Our D front 7 and secondary is playing ridiculous; Defense wins championships. Our offense has been playing better and has lost 4 games at 3 or under points. We catch a break in two of those games and we lead the division. With Pitta back we are going to be tough we absolutely need him in the redzone.

I am up on this team not bc I'm a homer but bc we have a chance and they won a championship last year by streaking in December.

LET'S GO RAVENS!

:bow: :gorave: :bow:

I'm still not sure we are improving quick enough to be able to reach the playoffs and if we do, be able to win a game in the playoffs unless it's against the Colts. There are still too many issues that are going unresolved week to week. John keeps spouting about the small incremental steps of development the team is taking but at some point they are going to have to take a leap forward.

Excellent point(s) RavenMad. It will be interesting to see how this team responds in the wake of last Thursday's win vs. Steelers. Under Harbaugh, this team frequently lays an egg after a big, emotional win.

Its going to be a very, very challenging final 4 game stretch, starting Sunday. Lets see if they take a leap forward.

LET'S GO RAVENS!

That was how it used to be. The NFL has ruled that D's don't win championships anymore.

That was how it used to be. The NFL has ruled that D's don't win championships anymore.

Except the Seattle Seadogs have one helluva D and odds on to make it to and win the SB. In fact, there D and Carolina's remind me of our 2000 D.

Ours was superior but the tenacity and sense of urgency of Carolinas and Seattle's is similar. A solid D, while not required, still wins championships.

I disagree. Even with all the changes to favor offenses in the past few years our team with an average offense and great "bend but don't break" red zone defense played the two best offenses in the league last year at their home field and won. Then won a Super Bowl the same way.

If your D can limit their scoring and your Offense can score 20 points you can win.

Except the Seattle Seadogs have one helluva D and odds on to make it to and win the SB. In fact, there D and Carolina's remind me of our 2000 D.

Ours was superior but the tenacity and sense of urgency of Carolinas and Seattle's is similar. A solid D, while not required, still wins championships.

That offense they have is no joke.

I disagree. Even with all the changes to favor offenses in the past few years our team with an average offense and great "bend but don't break" red zone defense played the two best offenses in the league last year at their home field and won. Then won a Super Bowl the same way.

If your D can limit their scoring and your Offense can score 20 points you can win.

You can't ride a bend don't break. The offense has to do something.

i think that kind of speaks to Papa's point. Defense is extremely important (e.g. a balanced team), but you can't go in with a superb defense and nothing else anymore and expect to win. We did that, Tampa did that, etc. Defense doesn't win championships. It only helps win them.

Exactly. Well said.

i think that kind of speaks to Papa's point. Defense is extremely important (e.g. a balanced team), but you can't go in with a superb defense and nothing else anymore and expect to win. We did that, Tampa did that, etc. Defense doesn't win championships. It only helps win them.

That's not what Ray Lewis says.... EVERY F*CKING MONDAY NIGHTT!!!!!!

There is no way they bring him back next year. Every single time they ask him a question or its his turn to comment on a play, all Ray says is "I'm still a firm believer that defenses win championships" There is no insight or anything remotely interesting about his commentary

I didnt say "0" offense and a great D.The emphasis for the whole league is offense and if u have an average offense complimented with a score stopping D u can win championships. We proved it last year. Does anyone on here think our offense was great last year? Not me but our D could stop u in the Red Zone as they can this year.

I like our chances.

That's not what Ray Lewis says.... EVERY F*CKING MONDAY NIGHTT!!!!!!

There is no way they bring him back next year. Every single time they ask him a question or its his turn to comment on a play, all Ray says is "I'm still a firm believer that defenses win championships" There is no insight or anything remotely interesting about his commentary

Ray is delusional thinking that D's can be like the 2000 team. He also believed he was still one of the best.

I didnt say "0" offense and a great D.The emphasis for the whole league is offense and if u have an average offense complimented with a score stopping D u can win championships. We proved it last year. Does anyone on here think our offense was great last year? Not me but our D could stop u in the Red Zone as they can this year.

I like our chances.

The 2000 D was as close to "0" offense as you can get.