ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

In Case You Didn't Hear

ForceEight

I thought Billick did one of our games last year... maybe it was just preseason though.

Also... all coaches duck questions much the same way. That's what I never got about the Billick criticism on 'ducking' questions. What do you want him to say? Is there any right answer to a question about a bad play or player? No. There's nothing. Throw a player under the bus? Forget having a lockerroom to coach in. Say anything else about 'responsibility' or 'accountability' and you sound like you're ducking the question. Say something good about the other team, you're admitting fault and ducking the question.

There's no right answer when 1,000,000+ people are watching/judging.

Also... all coaches duck questions much the same way. That's what I never got about the Billick criticism on 'ducking' questions. What do you want him to say? Is there any right answer to a question about a bad play or player? No. There's nothing. Throw a player under the bus? Forget having a lockerroom to coach in. Say anything else about 'responsibility' or 'accountability' and you sound like you're ducking the question. Say something good about the other team, you're admitting fault and ducking the question.

I agree with you. Case in point...Belichick is highly regarded for his ability to duck questions and I don't think any sane Patriots fan is in a hurry to get rid of him.

Here's Prestons response....he takes the usual shots but also gives some praise to Billick...

Ever since the news broke last week that Brian Billick would be a commentator for the Ravens game Sunday against the Chicago Bears, there were many trips to my mailbox. I knew he would send me a Christmas card.

Or call, or send a telegram or a text message. At least, give me a little something. But nothing. Go figure.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/bal-sp.preston18dec18,0,2536586.column

17858550.jpg

Billick won us a Super Bowl, I could care less about anything else.

Got that right!

Getting to and winning a Super Bowl is so hard to do. What a season that was and the cast of characters on that 2000 Ravens team I'll never forget.

17861250.jpg

Plus we got that monkey off our back...I didn't want to wait 30 years for it to happen.

I liked Billick as a coach and I still like him. I also agree with the decision to replace him.

I dont think he was any more (or less) arrogant than most successful coaches are, and they all double talk around questions they dont want to answer. Sometimes I think people confused his intelligence with arrogance. Just because he is smart and uses big words doesnt mean he is being arrogant when he does so. I also dont remember too many Raven fans complaining about the way he took the focus off of Ray Lewis durning the SB week.

All in all Billick turned the team around and helped give it a personality and coached it to a super bowl victory with a putrid offense. He wasnt perfect, and he was here for a long time so I think the change was good for the team, but I like and respect him and what he did here.

And LOL at Preston's comments. What an ego he has.