ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

If Calds goes to DET

Robjr83

Caldwell's gone.

The next OC will be a critical hire in the history of this franchise. The offense can't get much worse.

I suggest not hiring anybody who's last name starts with a C.

Now we know why the Browns didn't release Turner from contract. They want to control where he goes and make sure we don't get him. Good move on their part. He probably ends up in Minny. Sounds like the Browns themselves are waiting for the Seahawks and or Niners assistants to be freed up.

Kubiak is by far our best option. Proven success running the ball and his scheme fits with Castillo. They can make it work together. This is a deal that has to happen.

On a related note. So the new OC doesn't get to hire his own OL coach? Does he get to hire any of his position coaches?

I looked at some other of the OC hires where only the OC was being replaced, Miami and NYG, and just the OC came in.

We have an open position at RB coach, I'm sure Kubiak would have input. Juan Castillo runs a similar scheme so I'm sure they can work together.

I looked at some other of the OC hires where only the OC was being replaced, Miami and NYG, and just the OC came in.

We have an open position at RB coach, I'm sure Kubiak would have input. Juan Castillo runs a similar scheme so I'm sure they can work together.

I don't see Kubiak stepping all the way back to a position coach. Edit nevermind I miss read what you wrote

But you have to have an in with Harbs. I don't know if that is there. He better work fast because the big cannidates are heading to their new homes quickly. Soon there maybe no seats left.

100_3604.jpg

On a related note. So the new OC doesn't get to hire his own OL coach? Does he get to hire any of his position coaches?

That's the point...wait so long so that you have to pick Hosteler???

The Giants fired two position coaches today. They didn't fit what the new OC wanted to do.

Caldwell's gone.

The next OC will be a critical hire in the history of this franchise. The offense can't get much worse.

I suggest not hiring anybody who's last name starts with a C.

All good points Max. Unless we want to witness an offensive meltdown similar to the Boller experiment last decade, this organization must select an OC who can resurrect this offense, surround Joe with solid weapons, and create an efficient, effective, and consistent performing group that moves the chains. Oh, and it absolutely has to convert a 3rd or 4th and 1 running play- something that's been missing for a few years.

Noooo way is Kyle Shanahan worth getting. My problem with Kubiak is he runs West Coast. It doesn't mesh with the vertical offense Joe likes. Maybe getting the ball out quicker will help Joe from getting sacked. That all being said I think he's the best choice at this point.

Isn't the no huddle related to getting the ball out quick and that is where Joe excels?

Joe held onto the ball way too much last year, but yes he did do well with the hurry up. I don't think they could do that too much last year. My guess wasTorrey was doubled, Pitta was out, and Jones/Doss/Clark/Dickson couldn't get open to save their lives.