ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

If Calds goes to DET

Robjr83

It needs a change up, if we just promote Hostler, we're screwed. I feel like that's what is going to happen.

That's what I fear. I think I'd rather have Kubiak (any day) or even Shanahan rather than a known failure. But for Harbs, that is the easy choice and that's what scares me.

That's me fear, too. Harbs will pick a noodleback, a yes man who won't threaten his authority. By the time Bischotti figures it out, another year passes, and we've sunk further organizationally.

Let's hope that Harbaugh puts his ego and authority aside, does what's best for the team,

and selects a dynamic, strong willed OC who will lead, inspire and bring out the best of this underachieving unit.

I've always joked to friends a football coach is really nothing more than an excellent car salesman. It's even worse on the college level with college telling recruits anything to get them to commit.

That is why I have alwasy said Billick would be great at it. He could talk a family into anything.

Doesn't that basically go with any job interview? Tweak your resume, talk up your skills....yada yada yada

Except some people son't seem to know how to grease those wheels. Some guys are just football and nothing else. When you have to show an owner some nonsense that he thinks is true then you sell out. Also you have to know what BS this owner believes and the other BS from somewhere else.

I've always joked to friends a football coach is really nothing more than an excellent car salesman. It's even worse on the college level with college telling recruits anything to get them to commit.

Except, isn't the Biscuit a shrewd businessman ?

I can't see him being sold and duped by Harbaugh , even if he is a good salesman. Maybe the Biscuit took a leap of faith with Harbs.

He was snowed by Billick. He game him a new contract for nothing. He keeps doing it now.

Yeah because rewarding a coach who just won the SB and was on the last year of his contract with a new contract is such an odd thing. Harbaugh really snowed him!

I think Bisciotti would be the first person to tell you where he is as an owner today is light years ahead of where he was ten years, even five years ago. I'm sure Bisciotti today wouldn't have given Billick the extension. On the same token Bisciotti made the gut decision to fire Billick one year into the deal. How many owners would have done that and ate that dead cash? Ended up winning us a Super Bowl and many playoff games. Remember Billick only won ONE playoff game after the 2000 Super Bowl, and that was the year after. No playoff wins after that.

It you want to talk getting duped, we are lucky that Jason Garrett turned down the job. Bisciotti was ready to hand him the keys to the kingdom.

That was not what thunder was asking. Teams do fire their coaches 1 yr after inking them.

On the same token Bisciotti made the gut decision to fire Billick one year into the deal. How many owners would have done that and ate that dead cash?

How can you know that they would be good if they didn't get more than a yr. Jimmy Johnson was 1-15 his first yr. So had Jerry knee jerked it they may have had no SB's down there. Also how many HOFers would not have made it in for them?

This is going slow because the Ravens have their eyes set on 1 or more coaches on the staff of the remaining playoff teams.

I hope so Max. I have this sinking feeling they're going to go with the worst possible candidate---Hosteler.

That was not what thunder was asking. Teams do fire their coaches 1 yr after inking them.

How can you know that they would be good if they didn't get more than a yr. Jimmy Johnson was 1-15 his first yr. So had Jerry knee jerked it they may have had no SB's down there. Also how many HOFers would not have made it in for them?

Actually that was what I was implying. One year after inking an extension, not one year with a new coach. Obviously at that point we knew what Billick had to offer. Your comparison to Jimmy Johnson doesn't make sense.

Actually that was what I was implying. One year after inking an extension, not one year with a new coach. Obviously at that point we knew what Billick had to offer. Your comparison to Jimmy Johnson doesn't make sense.

There isn't a single thing he has written in this entire thread that makes sense.