ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Upcoming free agent WR's

cravnravn

Macklin is likely to stay in Phili, I hope so, he has trouble staying healthy. The Steelers are likely to keep Sanders, one major reason they have struggled offensively is because of losing weapons familiar with Ben. Tate will want a lot of money, he is very good, but not as good as he thinks. Decker is the interesting one, great hands, quick feet, controls his body well giving a very large catch radious. However, will Denver want to keep him, badly, will Manning not only work to keep him, but will Manning return?

If I had to chose between them, Decker would be the choice. Tall, quick, knows how to work a defense, strong to get off press coverage, and great hands. Money will be the issue. The question will be, do the Ravens think, as all the mocks show, a receiver will be there at 17 or even later is they want to trade down. They have said they like the core they have, need to improve a bit, but only in size, and they have one on the PS, they are "high on".... Ozzie loves tight ends and they need one of them as well, the North Carolina tight end is big & good, projected in the top 20, he could be the pick and take a way the need for outside help at receiver.... hmmm

• Upvote 1

Macklin is likely to stay in Phili, I hope so, he has trouble staying healthy. The Steelers are likely to keep Sanders, one major reason they have struggled offensively is because of losing weapons familiar with Ben. Tate will want a lot of money, he is very good, but not as good as he thinks. Decker is the interesting one, great hands, quick feet, controls his body well giving a very large catch radious. However, will Denver want to keep him, badly, will Manning not only work to keep him, but will Manning return?

If I had to chose between them, Decker would be the choice. Tall, quick, knows how to work a defense, strong to get off press coverage, and great hands. Money will be the issue. The question will be, do the Ravens think, as all the mocks show, a receiver will be there at 17 or even later is they want to trade down. They have said they like the core they have, need to improve a bit, but only in size, and they have one on the PS, they are "high on".... Ozzie loves tight ends and they need one of them as well, the North Carolina tight end is big & good, projected in the top 20, he could be the pick and take a way the need for outside help at receiver.... hmmm

Sanders will be on the market too many big drops for the money he thinks he is worth.

Hakeem Nicks is an interesting name to me. Could fit the bill of the right player at the right price. He is a physical receiver that could offer something different to the rest our receiving core not unlike what Boldin offered. He isn't a number 1 but would be a nice compliment to Smith.

I'd take Jacoby Ford, ran a 4.28 40 time, 5-9 190 could play the slot as well as outside the numbers , return kicks and might be the cheapest other than Edelman. remember we're cap strapped, because we way overpaid for flacco

No, they are cap strapped because of Rice, Suggs Ngata, and Dummervil... Quarterbacks, in case you have not noticed, cost a lot of money and are very, very important to a team. It is rare that an average quarterback helps lead a team to a Championship. Does it happen? Yes, but far and few between.

editted to add- http://overthecap.com/teamcap.php?Team=Ravens&Year=2013

Suggs- $13 Mil cap hit this year,

Ngata- $11 Mil

Yanda $7 mil

then Joe, whose cap hit is $6.8 mil this year. Pretty cheap for a startting quarterback.

Rice is $5.7 Mil,

Dummervil is "cheap" ($2.5 il) if we don't count the dead money, $11 mil.....

• Upvote 1

I'd take Jacoby Ford, ran a 4.28 40 time, 5-9 190 could play the slot as well as outside the numbers , return kicks and might be the cheapest other than Edelman. remember we're cap strapped, because we way overpaid for flacco

I guess that depends on Suggs. I doubt Oz will overpay on a WR. They didn't go after Vincent Jackson, or Wallace before since teams overpay for WR's. My guess is they'll look at the draft and maybe bring in a role player similar to Stokely.

Not to mention they still have project players in Mallette and Thompson (who disappointed me last year)

No, they are cap strapped because of Rice, Suggs Ngata, and Dummervil... Quarterbacks, in case you have not noticed, cost a lot of money and are very, very important to a team. It is rare that an average quarterback helps lead a team to a Championship. Does it happen? Yes, but far and few between.

editted to add- http://overthecap.com/teamcap.php?Team=Ravens&Year=2013

Suggs- $13 Mil cap hit this year,

Ngata- $11 Mil

Yanda $7 mil

then Joe, whose cap hit is $6.8 mil this year. Pretty cheap for a startting quarterback.

Rice is $5.7 Mil,

Dummervil is "cheap" ($2.5 il) if we don't count the dead money, $11 mil.....

Joe's cap hit is 14.8 million PLEASE lets stop the lying , if we're going to debate with me at least tell the truth

• Upvote 1

I guess that depends on Suggs. I doubt Oz will overpay on a WR. They didn't go after Vincent Jackson, or Wallace before since teams overpay for WR's. My guess is they'll look at the draft and maybe bring in a role player similar to Stokely.

Not to mention they still have project players in Mallette and Thompson (who disappointed me last year)

Thompson never got over his foot injury and was slowed all year, but Ford and thompson are similar so if thompson comes back healthy there's no need for Ford on any other WR in free agency just as long as we get Davis or benjamin

Joe's cap hit is 14.8 million PLEASE lets stop the lying , if we're going to debate with me at least tell the truth

How old are you, 12? I mistakingly used last year's numbers from a reputable website, a mistake, not a lie or mis-truth; grow up.

Yes, Joe's number currently is, for this coming season, $14, Rice's is also even higher- $8,750,000- where are your complaints/corrections on this number?

Yanda is also higher, $8.5 mil, no correction there from you?

and the Biggest one, Ngata, $16 mil caphit, why no outrage over my "lie" on this one?

Suggs, $12.4, yet not a peep from you on this oversite on my part?

Or Dummervil, who this year will count $3.4 mil, slightly more than last season, my bad.

Web, $10 mil, wow, great player, for when he is healthy to play, big cap hit and Jimmy, Penalty Smith is counting $2 mil...

By the way, which position counts more against the cap, quarterback ($15 mil), offensive linemen ($13 mil), runningbacks ($12.8 mil), receivers ($3 mil), defensive linemen ($21 mil), linebackers ($23 mil), secondary ($14 mil) or kickers?

An updated cap link- http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1923706-ravens-2014-salary-cap-breaking-down-overall-position-specific-cap-space#/articles/1923706-ravens-2014-salary-cap-breaking-down-overall-position-specific-cap-space/page/2

So yes, if you want to have a grown up discussion, feel free to act mature....

so you come on here and give an incorrect number about joe's cap hit, i correct you and now i'm 12 years old and immature. LOL

Not because you corrected me, rather because you stated I lied, used false truths. The fact you could not comprehend this proves my point. Thanks... Have a great day....

I'd rather spend the money on Alex Mack (if Cle lets him go). A 28y/o Center in his prime.

Bingo. The Ravens should invest their available money in the OL this year (re-sign Monroe and sign Mack...even if that means parting ways with Suggs). I would like to see them draft offense with at least their first 3 picks. The only way I want to see a defensive player taken is if one falls to them and he's just too good to pass up. Maybe a Khalil Mack or CJ Mosley. I could also understand a FS. Otherwise, I would like to see one of the stud TEs and a WR in the first two rounds. Then OL in the 3rd. I also want them to draft one of those short,fast,versatile guys later in the draft. Preferably one who can handle kick/punt returns. An example would be Dri Archer out of Kent State. Here's some footage:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8dpvSqIAge4

• Upvote 2

Boldin, Boldin, Boldin and / or Boldin.

I think he is the best WR in Ravens history...at least I like him the most. I respect Michael Jackson, Derrick Mason and Derrick Alexander, I like Brandon Stokely (catching that TD over Sehorn was awesome), Qadry ismail, Patrick Johnson and Jermaine Lewis but I love Boldin.

That first TD to the post in the last Super Bowl, all his monster catches and tough ass blocks over the years. I know he is not a draftee and a baby Raven, but he is the only WR so far we have had who is likely a hall of famer. He wanted to stay here, and retire here....and go in to the Hall as a B-More bird.

I think it is time to rectify a past mistake and bring the big man home. Sign this beast and let him retire a Raven.