ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Sherman craps on Crabtree

Jungletiger

Let me see. First, defenders of Sherman say he cannot be a thug because he went to Stanford........ Now He, Richard Sherman is saying only black people can be thugs........ Oh my how the worm turns.... Me, muchado about nothing....

Actually, I believe Sherman is saying that people are using the term "thug" in place of the n-word. And I agree with that.

Actually, I believe Sherman is saying that people are using the term "thug" in place of the n-word. And I agree with that.

If so, too general, too broad a brush. Are some? Sure, will they always? Sure. However, they are the ones to ignore, let fade away, not give them power. There are many who use the thug label to mean just that; a bully, a person using force, coersion, intimidation to get their own way. To me, the bigger "issue" if one, are those who claim he cannot be one, because he went to Stanford. Thugs come from every back ground, in every skin color.

In that case, I'm sure how the thug label even applies to Sherman.

In my opinion, it does not. To label a guy based soley on the on field interview right after a heated, contested game is stoooopid to the enth degree. Thus my stance, neither he nor the media should give this "race issue" and play time; be a duck, let it roll right off the back like water off a duck.

FYI this goes back well before the game, the issue of Crab and LOB leader. Both are trash talkers on the field, but only one stands behind his words it isn't Crab. :bleh:

There will always be racists, unfortunately. In oder to overcome them now, in today's world, is to shut them out, not give them the audience they so desire.

It just verifies Sherman's claim that he went up to Crabtree to shake his hand and say good game.

That was a completely classless move. Anyone who thinks Sherman had an ounce of sincerity is kidding themselves. Completely transparent. The choke sign right after that was just as classless. The "interview" was just ridiculous.

Whatever. Not everyone can have class.

He had a 4.2 in high school. The kid is plain smart.

On a similar note with so many poeple calling him a thug but there were a lot of people defending Incognito for dropping n bombs left and right. Also Incognito is a thug.

Ingognito is a punk thug, no question