ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Ray Rice Arrested

deeshopper

The time to draft a new, young hard nose runner is here. We haven't had a smash mouth runner since Jamal and the countless failures over the past few years of converting 3rd or 4th and 1 needs to end.

The team needs a strong, tough runner - a hammer - and should draft someone like an Andre Williams from BC or Tre Mason from Auburn.

Jamal had a benefit of a great line behind him. JO, Muli, Flynn, Big Zeus. I bet he could have gotten those 3rd and ones with that line.

When we drafted Oher we seemed to move to a smaller more finesse line IMO. Birk, Yanda, Oher, Harewood, Jah Ried. KO was the exception.

i only say cut Rice because he's not the player he use to be and if this is a possible loophole that can get us out of this bad contract i say use it. What he did is not actually a reason to cut him, but because i believe he has a bad contract and his play was horrible last year we should just use that as a reason to get out of it.

They aren't going to. I do not see this getting to the point of conduct detrimental to get out of it.

Whne are people going to askfor Suggs to be cut?

They aren't going to. I do not see this getting to the point of conduct detrimental to get out of it.

Whne are people going to askfor Suggs to be cut?

In my opinion, Suggz play and contract are a lot closer to matching than Rice's play and contract. The behavior is similar, but that is not why i'm saying lets see if we can get out of this contract, it's all about the business(contract) and production on the field with me. Rice is not the same, Suggz is closer to his prime than Rice. Suggz has the potential to be DPY again, if he is disciplined enough to stay in tip top shape. Rice looked like he's tired of getting hit. like he has lost his heart.

Agree steel and rm52....

If the Ravens stand by Rice, they're going to face increasing pressure from fans and negative media attention to cut him. If the Ravens cut Rice, they will lose a significant chunk of their salary cap, which will derail some of their offseason plans to bounce back from last season's disappointing 8-8 season. The Ravens are in a lose-lose situation with Rice. In most instances, teams gain salary-cap room by cutting a player. But, the way Rice's contract is structured, the Ravens would lose $5.5 million in cap space by parting ways with Rice because of the pro-rated bonuses that would have to be absorbed. To put that in context, that $5.5 million is more than what the Ravens saved when they signed linebacker Terrell Suggs to an extension Monday.The Ravens could designate Rice as a post-June 1 cut, which would create $4 million in cap space in 2014. The problem is, Rice would count $9.5 million in dead money in 2015, which is a large chunk for a player not on the roster. Anyway you look at it, the Ravens lose a significant amount of cap space if they decide to cut him.http://espn.go.com/blog/baltimore-ravens/post/_/id/6856/ravens-face-tough-decisions-with-rice

I'm pretty disappointed with the Raven's response, or lack thereof. They could at least issue a statement that the video depicts behavior that is 'deeply disturbing'.

I'd really have the FO looking into how to cut him without paying him if at all possible.

Failing that, let him ride the bench.

No I am just pointing out that if he produces some don't care what he does off the field.

well, there are things i am willing to look pass if a guy he helping us win games, look papa i'm just a fan, if i we're in upper management on the ravens maybe i'd have a different viewpoint , but bottomline i just want my ravens to win games, you're not going to win many football games with a team full of choirboys, you need some "Thugs" out there. If ray rice had a career year, i would want the ravens to try and get out of the contract, but since he had a horrible year, they should see what they can do about getting out of the contract. i guess i am part of the some you are talking about then,if they produce you let them get away with a little more than they average player.

I'm pretty disappointed with the Raven's response, or lack thereof. They could at least issue a statement that the video depicts behavior that is 'deeply disturbing'.

I'd really have the FO looking into how to cut him without paying him if at all possible.

Failing that, let him ride the bench.

I understand the lack, they need to wait and see. It would cost to much to cut him. Just a sad part of the game as fans we have to deal with.

I won't stand and cheer for him.

well, there are things i am willing to look pass if a guy he helping us win games, look papa i'm just a fan, if i we're in upper management on the ravens maybe i'd have a different viewpoint , but bottomline i just want my ravens to win games, you're not going to win many football games with a team full of choirboys, you need some "Thugs" out there. If ray rice had a career year, i would want the ravens to try and get out of the contract, but since he had a horrible year, they should see what they can do about getting out of the contract. i guess i am part of the some you are talking about then,if they produce you let them get away with a little more than they average player.

I totally agrree. You will lose if you have choirboys. But when guys say he should be cut now it is all about production and not what he did. They are using this as an excuse.

I totally agrree. You will lose if you have choirboys. But when guys say he should be cut now it is all about production and not what he did. They are using this as an excuse.

I don't know. There are some "choirboys" out there that are fantastic players. Not sure what thuggish behavior has to do with performance on the field.

What's up Cravn? The Army has had me on the run. I couldn't even talk to you all during the incredible run last yr. It's good to be able to chat with you again. I hope this thing isn't as bad as it looks for Ray. You can't defend it if he actually knocked her unconscious like it's suspected.

You just can't load your team with them.

I'm not sure that bad teams remain bad simply because they don't have enough thugs. If this were the case, there were at least a couple of Bengals' teams that should have gone undefeated.