ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Ray Rice Arrested

deeshopper

That's my gut feeling: the tape on the elevator, which we've never seen, will be decisive. As for jail time, he would probably get some. As for the CAP hits, I'd like to see us get out of that but I don't see how at this point.

What a freaking mess!!!

And then there's this:

"A press release from the Atlantic County Prosecutor’s Office says that Rice was indicted for “attempting to cause significant bodily injury, and/or purposely or knowing causing such injury, and/or recklessly causing such injury under extreme indifference to the value of human life.”

I'm not an attorney, but I don't see where this case meets the elements or standard of proof for aggravated assault. Misdemeanor assault- absolutely. My prediction is that without a victim willing to testify, the case is either dropped or a plea bargain to the lesser charge is accepted by Ray for minimal probation only. There is no felonious assault here. I'm also predicting a four game suspension by the NFL.

That's my gut feeling: the tape on the elevator, which we've never seen, will be decisive. As for jail time, he would probably get some. As for the CAP hits, I'd like to see us get out of that but I don't see how at this point.

What a freaking mess!!!

And then there's this:

"A press release from the Atlantic County Prosecutor’s Office says that Rice was indicted for “attempting to cause significant bodily injury, and/or purposely or knowing causing such injury, and/or recklessly causing such injury under extreme indifference to the value of human life.”

I'm not an attorney, but I don't see where this case meets the elements or standard of proof for aggravated assault. Misdemeanor assault- absolutely. My prediction is that without a victim willing to testify, the case is either dropped or a plea bargain to the lesser charge is accepted by Ray for minimal probation only. There is no felonious assault here. I'm also predicting a four game suspension by the NFL.

Nado, that's because the are commenting on the elevator camera, the tape the public hasn't seen. If the tape is that damaging he will get jail time.

Edited by cravnravn

Ill wait til I see the footage, if he beat the shit out of her in the elevator..Hes going bye bye

I don't think he beat the shit out of her. More than likely, she hit him first and he responded with a one punch knockout. Was there the intent to do great bodily injury here? I don't believe Ray formulated that intent before he punched her. First offense, great community guy, no prior record. It all comes down to that at the sentencing portion of the case. Probation, even if he is convicted ot the felonious assault. Personlly, I'm guessing that the case is plea bargained down to misdemanor assault, he gets one to two years probation, and a league suspension of four games.

I don't think he beat the shit out of her. More than likely, she hit him first and he responded with a one punch knockout. Was there the intent to do great bodily injury here? I don't believe Ray formulated that intent before he punched her. First offense, great community guy, no prior record. It all comes down to that at the sentencing portion of the case. Probation, even if he is convicted ot the felonious assault. Personlly, I'm guessing that the case is plea bargained down to misdemanor assault, he gets one to two years probation, and a league suspension of four games.

Agree.

Frankly, I'm sick that we let Blount get away without even making an offer. I think Oz is a smart man. But I don't really know where their heads are about getting us a RB and a FS. They're very loyal to Ray Rice but they got to do what's best for the team here and get us 2 real RB's.

If I were Ozzie, I'd consider trying to trade a draft choice for a FS at this point.

RBs in the draft are a dime a dozen, but I'm not sold on rookie FS's playing with sophomore SS's.

Lmao!!!! Rice got married last night.

On the advice of his attorney?

You know it....Smart move....That should tell you that his attorney don't believe they have enough clear cut evidence to convict him and were gonna force her to testify as their eye witness.....I think he's home free now, and they will offer him a plea deal....If the attorney feels his chances of getting found guilty or innocent are not the highest % in his favor, he will let him plead guilty to a lesser charge and take probation or a fine and community service....But if he thinks he can clear him, he'll force a trial or dismissal.....Ray ain't going to jail either way, book it !!

He is getting suspended by the league though, you can book that too....

Suggs could have given Ray a call and told him to marry her.

Yeah and neither of them are lawyers. I can hear the conversation now.

Hey Ray it's T.

Whatsup T.

Sorry to see all that stuff up in NJ. I got an idea for you. When I got in troubloe for hitting my GF I married her so she couldn't testify in the case and it went away.

Really? So all I have to do is get married and I's off the hook?

Yeah man.

I wrote this elsewhere.

You know it....Smart move....That should tell you that his attorney don't believe they have enough clear cut evidence to convict him and were gonna force her to testify as their eye witness.....I think he's home free now, and they will offer him a plea deal....If the attorney feels his chances of getting found guilty or innocent are not the highest % in his favor, he will let him plead guilty to a lesser charge and take probation or a fine and community service....But if he thinks he can clear him, he'll force a trial or dismissal.....Ray ain't going to jail either way, book it !!

He is getting suspended by the league though, you can book that too....

Smart move????? I don't think so, he pulled a Mike Tyson on her in the elevator

Smart move????? I don't think so, he pulled a Mike Tyson on her in the elevator

We don't know that for sure....In case you haven't noticed my friend, these black women today, will bust you in the head with something, pull a knife/gun on you, just like a gang banger.....We don't know if he did it, or if it was provoked or did she just pass out drunk or high....

We gotta wait and see..... "Innocent until PROVEN guilty"...anyone remember that ?

Note: For the one's who think this was a racist comment, it is just a speculation of what could have happened....

Don't get all bent out on it now, I'd say it if it was white women too...

We don't know that for sure....In case you haven't noticed my friend, these black women today, will bust you in the head with something, pull a knife/gun on you, just like a gang banger.....We don't know if he did it, or if it was provoked or did she just pass out drunk or high....

We gotta wait and see..... "Innocent until PROVEN guilty"...anyone remember that ?

Its hard to hide the idiot for too long isn't it?

• Upvote 2

I thought you had me on ignore? Idiot.

It's clear you have no life, I control you so much you have to stalk me because your life is so boring and you have nothing substantial to say about anything....Just hiding behind your mod position and trying to act like you are important....Go check your girlfriend, she's probably riding around with the pizza delivery guy to get a little excitement in her life......You boring little dweeb....