ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

I don't want to attend games if Rice is in uniform

vmax

I can't believe that I feel like this, but I can't have pride in "My Team" with a woman beater on the field.

His presence is a "stink" to me. A dark cloud on what should be a good and fun experience cheering for the Ravens.

He's a bullying hypocrite.

I'm a PSL holder. I want to cheer the Ravens and I can't cheer for him.

Right now I don't know what I'll do, but getting rid of him would make me feel good about the Ravens.

Keeping him makes me think and feel that they will compromise any moral standards to save money and win.

If he was a practice squad player then how much time would it take for the Ravens to cut him?

A minute????

He's meant a lot to the Ravens and the community. I do believe he's been a good character guy up until now. All of us have gone crazy and excited watching the great plays that he has made over the years. This is really sad and a bad situation.

Maybe he needs a year off, counselling, other stuff in order to earn the right to wear that uniform again.

I can't cheer for him...I don't want to see him on the field or in uniform.

I can't believe that I feel like this, but I can't have pride in "My Team" with a woman beater on the field.

His presence is a "stink" to me. A dark cloud on what should be a good and fun experience cheering for the Ravens.

He's a bullying hypocrite.

I'm a PSL holder. I want to cheer the Ravens and I can't cheer for him.

Right now I don't know what I'll do, but getting rid of him would make me feel good about the Ravens.

Keeping him makes me think and feel that they will compromise any moral standards to save money and win.

If he was a practice squad player then how much time would it take for the Ravens to cut him?

A minute????

He's meant a lot to the Ravens and the community. I do believe he's been a good character guy up until now. All of us have gone crazy and excited watching the great plays that he has made over the years. This is really sad and a bad situation.

Maybe he needs a year off, counselling, other stuff in order to earn the right to wear that uniform again.

I can't cheer for him...I don't want to see him on the field or in uniform.

So I guess the same goes with Suggs on the roster.

What did Jamal do that was worse then beating a woman?

Nothing in my book.

Well i don't care who is wearing a ravens uniform, if they are helping my team win games i'm going to root for that player to do well. Now if the Ravens can tear up Ray Rice's contract without any penalties i am all for that because i think he is on the down side of his career, but by no means am i not going to pull for him if he is a Baltimore Raven next year.

I do not see how they can escape the contract. You have to do some really bad stuff that is against the team. I think th eNFLPA would win a grievance on this.

I am just hoping there's a way to tear it up, just because i think it's a bad contract at this point, i guess you can call it wishful thinking. i know it's a little far-fetched but you can always hope.

I do not see how they can escape the contract. You have to do some really bad stuff that is against the team. I think th eNFLPA would win a grievance on this.

Correct.

They can't escape the dead money (which is entirely made up of what was already paid to Rice). It's going to cost the Ravens an additional $5.5mil against the cap to cut Rice...plain and simple.

The Patriots took a huge cap hit when they cut Hernandez. It's the same thing.

Good point rm52. There's a lot to love about the rest of the team....just have to find a way to ignore Rice.

This is entertainment and he's not entertaining anymore.

• Upvote 1

I am just hoping there's a way to tear it up, just because i think it's a bad contract at this point, i guess you can call it wishful thinking. i know it's a little far-fetched but you can always hope.

It was a bad deal the day they inked it. They should have traded him when he had high value.

Correct.

They can't escape the dead money (which is entirely made up of what was already paid to Rice). It's going to cost the Ravens an additional $5.5mil against the cap to cut Rice...plain and simple.

The Patriots took a huge cap hit when they cut Hernandez. It's the same thing.

Yep. Now the Pats I think screwed up. I would have left him on the roster and when he didn't report to camp terminate for violating his contract and go after the SB.

I've been really on Ray's case and the Ravens, but after talking with (of all people---she's not a real fan) my wife, I'm coming around to seeing this not quite so harshly.

At this point, we still don't know if Ray knocked her out and that that was the result of what we saw in the video clip, or if she was just stone drunk. The other thing is, a lot of this is a personal matter between Ray and Jaynine. If there's a crime involved, we have to wait and see if there's more evidence that he knocked her out. Finally, we might just want to do what Oz is doing and let the judicial process play out.

I'm still not at all happy with what has transpired. And, I think physical abuse is a very serious crime that should be punished with jail time. But for now I'm willing to wait and let the process play out. If Ray is guilty, he'll be punished. If not, we ought to hold off until we know more. I want to see the videos of what happened before the elevator incident and I want to know what witnesses have to say.

As for the contract issue, I'm willing to wait until the process plays out. I would not be adverse to cutting him if this was a violent assault, even with the dead money.

We'll see.

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/Eisenberg-History-Show-Ravens-Will-Support-Ray-Rice/84bd147c-3aeb-488e-9cec-c922d79b26a6

Why? They were both arrested on assault charges. Why did you so quickly assume this was all on Ray's shoulders?

because she is a woman and getting spit on is no reason to knock a woman out plain and simple. Anyone that thinks otherwise is a punk. Unless she is causing serious bodily harm you don't hit her.

This one is pretty easy. Ray Rice's fiance ( not his wife ) spits on him at 3:00 AM in Atlantic City. That's assault. Ray Rice then lays her out. That's self defense. Case Closed.

It's justifiable to knock someone unconscience because she spits on him?

What jungle tribe are you from?