ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Ravens agree to terms with Steve Smith

Money

Reports: Ravens Sign WR Steve Smith

The 34-year-old veteran is the tough, slot option the Ravens have been looking for.

The Ravens wasted no time snatching up the wide receiver they’ve been looking for over the past year.

A day after the Carolina Panthers released veteran wideout Steve Smith on Thursday afternoon, the Ravens agreed to terms with him on a contract, according to ESPN’s Adam Schefter. It is reportedly a three-year deal.

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/Reports-Ravens-Sign-WR-Steve-Smith/b0036393-6872-4ceb-8cf2-67469af32d56

I'm warming up to this deal. His age and mileage bother me, but the price is definitely right...and I think Steve is going to be highly motivated to make an impact.

I like him in the slot. That is an upgrade.

I like how physical he is and his "in game" attitude.

He sounds like a fine mild mannered man....

Scratch that. He's definitely going to remember it -- he told WFNZ in Charlotte that if he plays the Panthers next year "there's going to be blood and guts everywhere."

"I want to make sure that whatever team I go to, wherever it happens to be, they're going to get the best, in shape, 35-year-old guy they could possibly get," Smith said. "And if that happens to run through Bank of America Stadium ... put your goggles on cause there's going to be blood and guts everywhere."

Edited by vmax

Most other improvement will come thru the draft and any teams that have to make unfortunate or unforeseen cuts later. If there's a D smith type move out there, I'm sure the FO will pounce.

• Upvote 1

The price on the deal is quite good. The cap hit should be reasonable. Hope he holds up. He sure sounds fired up.

Actually, this is the first move we've made to improve the team, A lot more is needed.

What???? Pitts, Jones, DSmith, S Smith, Monroe..we matched Denver step for step, correction we've had a better free agency then the donkeys..wait to the draft gets here.