ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

General Musings thread

Spen

http://www.cbs.com/shows/late_late_show/video/iBTtOz56AupB60PhQyOSRLP3_mUdivnp/new-james-bond-movie-craig-s-monologue/

I think what I'll miss most about Craig is here... First, he just had a freaking great time.

But second, his direct mockery of the way everyone else runs a late night program and monologue (see about 5:00 in) and his taking directly to the network censor (after the joke) and even getting the guy to lose it on camera as they harass him.

• 3 weeks later...

I love watching The Young Turks for news. They had a story from Ireland about how Catholic, other conservative Christians, and Muslims are united in fighting secular govt. They came up with an ad talking about "the sounds of sodomy". I found it very funny. I made a Simon and Garfunkel and the Grduate joke. Then I went about rewriting the song. I tweeted it to TYT. Well this morning I saw I had a new follower to my twitter account. Paul Simon is now the newest person following me. I find that so very funny.

Here is my parody of the song.

B6ydllRCYAA7EZ5.jpg

I'm not a smart consumer, until yesterday. I work less then a mile off I-95 and fell in a habit of stopping daily at a gas station next to my work, thinking 2.21 was a bargain.so yesterday on the way to the beach the Mrs vehicle needed gas. We pulled into to the station where she usually fills up, 2.009 a gallon. Wow

Edited by cravnravn

Yes and no. I think it's clear that speculation has been holding prices up higher than they belong, but there have also been huge changes to the market in that decade:

US oil production is way up, we are now #2 behind the Saudis and not by much. Plus, shale production, which I don't really support, is getting cheaper by the day. So supply is way up.

Plus, global demand has really lagged with the continuing recession in Europe and even finding its way to Asia. While US demand is slowing being higher mpg and other alternatives becoming popular. High prices were driving people to seek out alternatives, which are finally really competing with oil.

So there are reasons the prices are down that makes sense. But undeniably the set up of the market has long made it possible for the price to just be made up regardless of supply and demand.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...