ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

General Musings thread

Spen

Word is that there are 5 Bmore County judges that have partial ownership of the jail in Towson. Before the addition they bought the property that would be needed.

Interesting... Not sure. I grew up down the street from that spot. But I'm pretty sure it's always been county owned. The old jail was there forever and right next to it was/is Carver High. Would strike me as odd that the little spot in between, totally undeveloped, would have been privately owned... But again, no clue. And not all public buildings are on public land. My grandmother owned the land several post offices are on and accrued rent from the govt

The addition was placed on the other side away from Carver. It is out on Bosley.

True, I was thinking of it a bit backwards. But that area was still undeveloped - odd given the overdevelopment of everything else.

Haha... interesting question. I am betting they got more than that. Quick Google search shows they are still touring... across the atlantic.

I am curious... how do royalties work on an ad like that? It's one thing if you just want to borrow/play a song. But the band played the song. Do they have to pay a royalty for everytime they air the ad? Maybe Europe said we'll do it for free if you pay royalties.

Lastly - I remember a killer review of the band that pretty much said, "You know what you're watching when the opening song, closing song and encore... are all the same song."

The issue is our foreign policy is to protect corporation from dealing with nations honestly. If Exxon wants to pump oil out of the gulf then they should deal with the govts there and get it honestly.

But also that our entire nation friend in that oil stock and so there is an inherent interest in its availability.

I'm not saying I like it, I just think we're past the point of "just leave them alone" because the world simply didn't function like that anymore. And morally maybe it shouldn't

Right. That's what I'm saying is difficult. We can't fix it by any means - though much of the fighting is not just Sunni Shiite. But also, we cannot really afford -given current conditions- to pretend it doesn't affect us.