ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

General Musings thread

Spen

Speaking of Spanish, I had an interesting moment this week. I traveled to St. Louis for work. All the TSA announcements to the concourse were in English only. When I get back to BWI the announcements are in English and Spanish. Further, when I would travel to New Orleans announcements would be in English, Spanish and French. Just found all that interesting.

I'm of the opinion that English and Spanish should be co-official languages of the country. It is stupid to ignore population and regional demographics. I took Latin in high school, which I don't regret because I had an awesome teacher, but I should have taken Spanish in addition.

I remember Clinton said back in 2000 that he thought he was going to be the last president that didn't speak Spanish. In fact, he said it in response to Republicans at the time having success reaching Latino voters. Funny how times have changed in such a short period of time.

Definitely interesting. And I agree that ignoring languages is just silly given the need we have...

I am curious though how much BWIs announcements have to do with it being an international hub... Feel like StL probably isn't?

Also, I'll have to go find it but saw a cool graphic showing states labeled by when their populations met the demographics that matched the nation. So many in NE and Midwest matched our national demographics from the 1950ss... MD meets the expectation for 2050 or so, I think

is that official Spen? you making prediction?

I was thinking they might move it to LA since, butt I don't see Colbert going out there imo

why not Craig Ferguson?

maybe he is to foreign for the audience?

didn't care for Piers Morgan after Larry. IMO

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sLaF_uMYkaA

I don't think anyone else would have the balls to do this interview.

She is 30 years older than him, why would anyone think he would find her attractive? Even if he liked what was happening, he probably knew it was wrong and that probably bothered him.

Edited by Spen

And you would have a good chance of social dysfunction and anxiety with your peers. Often leading to depression as well. That's just what studies show, But I'm sure you and everyone else calling him stupid or gay would have been fine.

Besides people on TV or movies I can not think of any 40+ year old I found attractive when I was 15. And I certainly didn't want to sleep with any of my friends mothers.

Well... technically each one "costs" half of the total project, in a sense, right? I mean, construction is just part of the money set aside for these things... the costs of maintaining them and operating them, now somewhat lost, counts as well!

I also just read that the thing's tail fell off about 1/2 a mile before it crashed... I will give the benefit that maybe it was not designed to fly almost upside down or with a cord hanging off it or almost crashing into trees... but REALLY?!?!?!?! The freaking tail wasn't attached?!?!?!?!

Precisely. But the answer is, it's got to be a lot. In just about every major town you can find mayors and councils directing money to firms that are owned by friends, family, etc.

Worst part of that article: the one judge is maintaining he took kickbacks but didn't change his sentencing at all to ensure payment. Yeah, sure.