ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

General Musings thread

Spen

Why would my post put slavery into your pea brain? Didn't Guthrie wear a not so popular shirt to a press conference after he defeated us? Get a clue bro

I thinnk Grub pretty much hit the nail on the head. You seem to expect these guys to stay forever no matter what.

So Crav, by that logic, you shouldn't like Unitas anymore...right?

Ding ding ding.

I think he is still in love with Ray Rice.

Sorry dc, but if you don't play for my home town team I don't care about that individual. And as far as the shirt goes, its not that he wore it, it was the lame excuse he used after being questioned about it. Oh well,seasons over, their carriage turned back to a pumpkin..

Bull. First, you care plenty about other guys who left the home team. Second, you'd be plenty feisty whether he apologized for not.

Personally, I buy the apology. Guthrie is a good guy. Stupid shirt, but why do I care?

All of the previous posts being considered, I'm not against wishing someone would twist Roethlisberger's leg a different direction.

And I really do like Guthrie and I'm glad he found continued success, considering that there was a period of time when he was the only reliable thing we had on the mound. His apology regarding the shirt was also one of the most sincere ones I've heard in awhile.

Bull. First, you care plenty about other guys who left the home team. Second, you'd be plenty feisty whether he apologized for not.

Personally, I buy the apology. Guthrie is a good guy. Stupid shirt, but why do I care?

No I do not care about players leaving my home town, I honestly don't.

As far as the shirt goes, even though it wasn't as bad as my own "only bitches wave little yellow towels" shirt, its still a shot at the Os. And his so called apology was more he was embarrassed he got caught.

"I came in here with no intention of inciting anything," Guthrie said. "It's a shirt that I received yesterday. We get a number of things from the fans. Unfortunately for me I used a lack of judgment in putting that shirt on after the game. Never changed, came in here and wore it.

"What ensued was not what I intended. There was no intention to call the attention to the other team, friends, and former teammates, certainly not the organization and most definitely not their fans."

Guthrie said that while he's heard the song before in passing, he was mostly "unaware" of the lyrics to which the shirt is associated.

"There's been a comment on what it refers to, which for the most part I'm pretty unaware," Guthrie said. "I know there's a rhyme and that's where the shirt came from. That's what looked to me, 'clever.' And unfortunately, clever is not a good situation here. So I wanted to apologize.

"... If you know me, I'm not a person that likes confrontation. I'm not a person that wants to go out there and get anybody angry with me or my squad. This is totally on my shoulders. I take that."

Guthrie acknowledged that he has a wardrobe full of "entertaining and fun" T-shirts, but he made no mistake as to the future of this particular one.

"You'll never see the shirt again," Guthrie said. "The shirt was sent to me, and it will be sent to the garbage, because that's probably where it belongs at this point."

http://espn.go.com/mlb/playoffs/2014/story/_/id/11704985/2014-alcs-jeremy-guthrie-kansas-city-royals-apologizes-baltimore-orioles-fans-postgame-t-shirt

Two ministers and a 90-year-old homeless advocate in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, face up to 60 days in jail and a $500 fine for violating a city ordinance that effectively outlaws sharing food with homeless people in public.

Homeless advocate Arnold Abbott, head of the group Love Thy Neighbor, has been feeding the homeless for more than 20 years.

Abbott, along with pastors Dwayne Blackand and Mark Sims, were arrested on Sunday after distributing food to the needy on a public sidewalk.

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/11/90-year-old-florida-man-faces-60-days-in-jail-for-feeding-the-homeless