ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Just for Fun

oldno82

OK, guys. The draft is just 4,5,6 days away and it's driving me f---ing crazy with waiting. Time to take a wild ass guess as to who we pick if we're at 17. No trade ups/backs.

I'll say Zack Martin.

Why? Because I have a feeling he'll be there and we can plug him right in.

"Former Michigan offensive lineman and first-round NFL draft prospect Taylor Lewan has been charged with one count of aggravated assault and two counts of assault or assault and battery stemming from an incident on Dec. 1, 2013, according to court records."

What happen?

He was breaking up a fight between UM and OSU fans and a fan claimed (rightfully so or not I don't know) that Lewan punched him.

• Upvote 1

Ideal scenario is to trade back with the 49ers and get their 2nd round pick #56 overall to go with 1st round pick #30 overall. With that 1st pick I would take Jimmie Ward, FS, Northern Illinois.

We can then target Best Need Available from OL/WR/TE/RB with our 4 picks in the 2nd and 3rd rounds and draft BPA for depth the rest of the way after that.

OR

Picking at 17 I hope 1 of Taylor Lewan or Zack Martin falls to our pick.

Ideal scenario is to trade back with the 49ers and get their 2nd round pick #56 overall to go with 1st round pick #30 overall. With that 1st pick I would take Jimmie Ward, FS, Northern Illinois.

We can then target Best Need Available from OL/WR/TE/RB with our 4 picks in the 2nd and 3rd rounds and draft BPA for depth the rest of the way after that.

OR

Picking at 17 I hope 1 of Taylor Lewan or Zack Martin falls to our pick.

I like the Ward move, very possible.

Here's my wild ass guess. We surprise everyone and take

Odell Beckham WR, LSU

BG- This guy would have to be very special for the Ravens to take him before the best available offensive tackle. Real special. But, stranger things have happened.

If they stay at 17, unlikely, Ward should be there and should be the pick. However, I think they trade back with either Sanfran or the Iggles, for a 2nd or 3rd round pick.

They currently have 8 picks, I don't think there are 8 players worth picking over trading up some where, meaning players 6,7,8 talent wise can be had via undrafted free agency....

BG- This guy would have to be very special for the Ravens to take him before the best available offensive tackle. Real special. But, stranger things have happened.

Hence 'wild ass guess'. Lol. I know that if any of the big four OTs are on the board, the Ravens would jump at them but I don't think they are going to be around.

Another wild ass guess: ravens trade the 17th pick to the 9ers for their 30th pick and 58th pick.

Ravens select Moses OT, Virginia

If they stay at 17, unlikely, Ward should be there and should be the pick. However, I think they trade back with either Sanfran or the Iggles, for a 2nd or 3rd round pick.

They currently have 8 picks, I don't think there are 8 players worth picking over trading up some where, meaning players 6,7,8 talent wise can be had via undrafted free agency....

Not to mention four picks are compensatory and cannot be traded. With that said I definitely think we are going to try and trade down. It will he tough to though.

Hence 'wild ass guess'. Lol. I know that if any of the big four OTs are on the board, the Ravens would jump at them but I don't think they are going to be around.

Another wild ass guess: ravens trade the 17th pick to the 9ers for their 30th pick and 58th pick.

Ravens select Moses OT, Virginia

Now that BG, I agree with wholeheartedly. I too believe they trade back with the Niners for additional picks. (S.F. has 11 picks, 10 are tradeable.)

Not to mention four picks are compensatory and cannot be traded. With that said I definitely think we are going to try and trade down. It will he tough to though.

Yes & no. There are some players who are likely to be there at 17, that team like Phili, (Bekham) covet badly. The niners want a receiver as well, he has been mentioned with them too, but no way he lasts until their pick. A few other players will come into, well, play as well at 17. It all hinges on what happens with the quarterbacks, when they go will determine if those coveted players by teams in the mid to late 20's will move up.

I know the Ravens want to move out, the talent level is pretty even from 15-30 or so. Martin, for example, could be a good player, but there are hints there that could be he turns out like an Oher, in other words, a lineman in the 2nd would or 3rd would be just as good, if not better, than taking Martin at 17.

Beks is a very good receiver, but one can find one just as good, if not better, later as well, like my Vandi guy- Mathews, who Mel has going to the 9ers at their pick. It should be fun to watch.

If this draft is so deep as everyone says it is, then why move at all? We are only 1 or 2 players away from Super Bowl contenders AGAIN, Lets get the 2 we need, and then with the remaining 6 start stockpiling for the future..

If anyone can do that, Oz can

:gorave:

Yes & no. There are some players who are likely to be there at 17, that team like Phili, (Bekham) covet badly. The niners want a receiver as well, he has been mentioned with them too, but no way he lasts until their pick. A few other players will come into, well, play as well at 17. It all hinges on what happens with the quarterbacks, when they go will determine if those coveted players by teams in the mid to late 20's will move up.

I know the Ravens want to move out, the talent level is pretty even from 15-30 or so. Martin, for example, could be a good player, but there are hints there that could be he turns out like an Oher, in other words, a lineman in the 2nd would or 3rd would be just as good, if not better, than taking Martin at 17.

Beks is a very good receiver, but one can find one just as good, if not better, later as well, like my Vandi guy- Mathews, who Mel has going to the 9ers at their pick. It should be fun to watch.

I disagree a lot of the guys getting drafted in 10-20 would be top ten picks in a lot of drafts.

If this draft is so deep as everyone says it is, then why move at all? We are only 1 or 2 players away from Super Bowl contenders AGAIN, Lets get the 2 we need, and then with the remaining 6 start stockpiling for the future..

If anyone can do that, Oz can

:gorave:

Because some panic and get their harts stuck on a guy (look 40 miles south).