ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Ravens over/under win totals

ravinmaniac52

Agreed. If the WCO didn't work with Flacco then. Why is everyone here so confident it's going to work now?

Probably because our offense was so poor last year, a change makes us hopeful, I wouldn't say confident though.

We need to give Kubiak a fair chance. He's been a good offensive coach in the past and is a smart guy. I've seen Joe rollout and execute play action before and he always looks comfortable. We should give him and the whole offense a break.

I am much more concerned about who's going to play running back for the first four games which could make or break our season.

RT remains another concern.

The D will be solid..

Oldno.

All good points, especially in 2nd para, which lends credence to my guesstimate of 6-8 wins.

The running game gives me the shakes this season. Imagine how Joe F must be feeling ?

Joe's feeling fine. With Pitta on the field this is a different team.

It wasn't run that yr. Zorn wanted to but Cam didn't.

Of course they didn't run the WCO. Joe Flacco lacked the skills to run a WCO. Management knew it, the coaching staff knew it, and opposing defences knew it. The only people who were convinced that Joe Flacco could run a WCO was Zorn and Flacco. Meanwhile, Joe lacked a quick release and could not read a safety blitz - a required skill set for any successful WCO QB.

Of course they didn't run the WCO. Joe Flacco lacked the skills to run a WCO. Management knew it, the coaching staff knew it, and opposing defences knew it. The only people who were convinced that Joe Flacco could run a WCO was Zorn and Flacco. Meanwhile, Joe lacked a quick release and could not read a safety blitz - a required skill set for any successful WCO QB.

I call bullshit..If Mgmt didnt think Joe could handle it then, then why even consider Kubes as our OC at all this year.

• Upvote 1

Running Air Correal wasn't working that yr.

So you are contending that under Cam the offense was a success? I was just wanting to get where you are coming from.

5 straight playoff appearances with a win in each year, 3 afccg, a SB victory..I know, you will credit the D, Ive heard it before. We did something right on offence.

And I know where you are going with this, I know at times the O would piss me off too. But at the end of the day, we got the job done..And keep in mind, you're not a Ravens fan, I as a Ravens fan would take the success of Joe Flacco over Payaton Manning any day of the week.

• Upvote 1

Joe had his best year when Zorn was the QB coach. Joe is a lanky guy so his mechanics get sloppy. Zorn, having played in the NFL as a tall QB himself, stuck on Joe to consistently fix his mechanics. That year was Joe's most consistent year. Kubiak is a former QB himself who has a high attention to detail, I expect similar results.

Saying Flacco has a slow release is ludicrous. If you want to say he holds on to the ball too long waiting for receivers to get open that's fine. But Flacco can fling the ball as hard as anyone with a flick of his wrist. He needs a coach who can take advantage of match ups and use different route combinations to get receivers open for easy throws. We need a WR coach to teach our guys to find open spots when a play break down. Kubiak should improve our team in this respect.

Matt Schaub didn't necessarily have the prototypical skill set for Kubiak's WCO but Kubiak made it work. Same with Nick Foles for Chip Kelly. If Flacco can play to the level of his 2010 play we'll be more than fine. IMO he'll play even better than that this season.

Saying Flacco has a slow release is ludicrous. If you want to say he holds on to the ball too long waiting for receivers to get open that's fine. But Flacco can fling the ball as hard as anyone with a flick of his wrist.

Agreed. When he wants to throw it it gets out fast. I just don't think he is willing to throw a guy open.

I thought he used to do it with Mason a lot and then again with Boldin. The ball was out of Joe's hands before Mason was making his cut and there was times during our Superbowl run where Joe threw it to a spot for Boldin and just let him go get it. But Joe trusted those 2 receivers. I don't think he quite has the same faith in our speedsters and/or younger guys and losing his safety net in Pitta really hurt last year.

We might see a good connection with Steve Smith and there was a hint last year that he was starting to build some trust in Marlon Brown.

• Upvote 1

The offense was falling off the planet at that point. The Ravens were within I think 1 game of being out of the PO and that is at a season where I think they were 4 up. But please change the circumstance 2 yrs later.

Yes we were, and thats when the change was made at OC. But look at this past season, we held a PO spot til week 17 with horrible play on the o-line, no TE to speak of, and a defense that was totally exposed up the middle.

I thought he used to do it with Mason a lot and then again with Boldin. The ball was out of Joe's hands before Mason was making his cut and there was times during our Superbowl run where Joe threw it to a spot for Boldin and just let him go get it. But Joe trusted those 2 receivers. I don't think he quite has the same faith in our speedsters and/or younger guys and losing his safety net in Pitta really hurt last year.

We might see a good connection with Steve Smith and there was a hint last year that he was starting to build some trust in Marlon Brown.

I don't recall him throwing to a spot to either guy. Especially Q he was throwing it up to him so much.

Im positive Joe threw it to a spot vs Denver in the playoffs :)

If you mean throwing it up for grabs then you are correct.

Yes we were, and thats when the change was made at OC. But look at this past season, we held a PO spot til week 17 with horrible play on the o-line, no TE to speak of, and a defense that was totally exposed up the middle.

But again the SB season they had a huge lead in the Div. Last yr they were flailingg about and hanging around with a lot of teams that didn't really want to get in the PO's.

cravnravn, on 06 Jun 2014 - 05:58 AM, said:

Im positive Joe threw it to a spot vs Denver in the playoffs :)

If you mean throwing it up for grabs then you are correct.

Same game, he threw Torrey Smith open also, right down the seam