ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Big year ahead for Joe

vmax

Papa, the difference between you and nearly all of the rest of us on this board is that we admit it when we're wrong (and I'm glad I was on the draft) but you seldom admit it when you're wrong. You'd rather be the Big Negative on the forum while most of the rest of us are fans. Since you've said you're not a fan of the Ravens, what exactly are you doing here?

Papa, the difference between you and nearly all of the rest of us on this board is that we admit it when we're wrong (and I'm glad I was on the draft) but you seldom admit it when you're wrong. You'd rather be the Big Negative on the forum while most of the rest of us are fans. Since you've said you're not a fan of the Ravens, what exactly are you doing here?

I admit I am wrong all the time. You fail to read or ignore it when I do. Hey after doing some reading have you done those last rites?

Talk about negatives. I got my ass kicked good on another board for mentioning Joe in the same sentence as Boller. I was just comparing Joe for this year. He hasn't beaten any good teams yet this year and has done nothing since SB 47. This year he seems like Boller making some head scratching decisions, not reading defenses, locking on to his receivers, not seeing the unbalanced blitzes vs Cinci in week 1 etc, etc. Like with Boller, Joe's probs seem all mental.

There was a big article that HARBs had to pull Kubes out of deep film study to work with Joe on the things he does understand about his system. Joe has had trouble learning this system and shouldn't have afterbeing in the league since 08 and winning the SB.

So just this afternoon on radio, the guys were saying Joe can't carry the team unless everyone is working

on all cylinders. Earlier, SR was doing well and Torrey wasn't, but now its SR having probs and Torrey

doing well. JJ hasn't done well receiving. The line has probs again like in Pissburgh.

Everything has to be working well for Joe to win. That's just my humble opinion on some message boards

and if nobody likes it tough shit. The can go screw themselves.

• 5 weeks later...

I haven't read any of the posts in this topic for months, however, 14 games in and Joe Flacco is ranked fifth in the league in Total QBR:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/qbr

If you don't understand QBR I am not going to explain it to you or argue about it. IMO it's the most accurate statistic to manage efficiency (I would say it's a great indicator for QBs like WAR in baseball for hitters). Joe's numbers aren't up there with the top five QBs or so, but he's been extremely efficient as reflected in his QBR. This is exactly what we brought Kubiak in for.

FWIW, Flacco has a QBR of 74.3. He has never had a QBR above 59.7 (the Zorn year 2010). 50 is considered average.

• Upvote 1

I haven't read any of the posts in this topic for months, however, 14 games in and Joe Flacco is ranked fifth in the league in Total QBR:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/qbr

If you don't understand QBR I am not going to explain it to you or argue about it. IMO it's the most accurate statistic to manage efficiency (I would say it's a great indicator for QBs like WAR in baseball for hitters). Joe's numbers aren't up there with the top five QBs or so, but he's been extremely efficient as reflected in his QBR. This is exactly what we brought Kubiak in for.

FWIW, Flacco has a QBR of 74.3. He has never had a QBR above 59.7 (the Zorn year 2010). 50 is considered average.

Truth, thanks TC. It is difficult to have great numbers, as I said on page one, when receivers are not getting seperation, when they are not running rutes properly/getting nocked off timing routes, or are flat out dropping the ball. Joe stairs down receivers? Really? You mean he goes through ALLL of his progressions before he throws it away or find one open? Maybe he looks a bit longer because he can't trust them to get open, on time, at the right depth.

There is so much that goes into a completed pass, the average fan just has no idea, I don't mean that as a shot, unless you study the game, you can't know.

The Jaguars game is a good example of how the Ravens win with Joe. With everybody around him taking the day off, he stayed cool, didn't turn the ball over and made what plays could be made. No gaudy stats...just a win.

Brees for all his stats has a 6-8 team.

Give me Joe. The Ravens win with him at QB.Their winning record is phenomenal since Joe and Harbaugh came here.

I think Joe did a nice Job Sunday. But don't put Brees all in down in NO. That D is really bad. As decimated as the Ravens are at DB they don't play that bad so Joe doesn't have all those mistakes to make up for. There are other things going wrong down there. I would take Brees in a hot second over Joe.

You must like watching sunsets then because he'll be 36 next year.

From Eisenberg....

As the contenders and pretenders sort themselves out in the AFC playoff race, a crucial determining factor has reared its head. Did you notice?

The New England Patriots, Denver Broncos, Indianapolis Colts, Cincinnati Bengals, Pittsburgh Steelers and Ravens all have won enough that they would comprise the field if the playoffs began today. What do those teams have in common? They all have well-established franchise quarterbacks who have either signed six-figure contracts or will soon. Four of those six quarterbacks have won a Super Bowl.Meanwhile, the Kansas City Chiefs, San Diego Chargers, Buffalo Bills, Cleveland Browns, Miami Dolphins and Houston Texans all have lost enough to lag behind; they would be on the sidelines if the playoffs began today. What do they have in common? None of their quarterbacks has won a Super Bowl, and other than the Chargers, who have Philip Rivers, they don’t have a signal-caller worth six figures. Is that a coincidence? I don’t think so.http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/Eisenberg-Playoff-Contenders-Have-One-Thing-In-Common----A-Franchise-QB/425e8ed1-5a82-44d5-a6f3-a59942ff5d71

Well I would love you to show me where I said salary. But I would take that too. It is only a tad higher than Joe and he produces much more so yeah I would take that.

He produces what? Stats? Show me wins which Joe does, so I would take Joe over Brees at this point.

Yep, and another article that reaffirms Joe's goodness, not necessarily greatness. And just think, we could be Skins and Bears fans and lamenting over their hopeless QB situations.

Instead, we are very fortunate and, Lord willing and provided he stays healthy, we should enjoy watching Joe another 4-5 years. Good stuff :yeah:

GB = damn fortunate w/ Favre followed by Rodgers, SF like good fortune with Montana and Young. Happens every quarter century.

NE = genius coach and great QB nearing end of his career; 1-2 years left before his skills erode like Peyton M.

Sea = good, cerebral QB w/ excellent skill set and excellent talent both sides of ball, especially defense (secondary).

Yep, we are fortunate to have Joe and he's a proven SB winner. FO needs to fortify his WR/TE corps with durable, healthy game changers.

They do that and address the defensive secondary, Joe has legit shot at more SB's.

In GB they projected they would need a replacement for Favre and did something about it. It is like how I said to draft Birks replacement a yr before the SB. 2013 did not have to be the disaster with the OL it was. Also SF projected they would need a replacement for Montana and they got him.

Sure Brady will be done soon but he isn't yet. To have a QB of his quality who takes hometown discounts to have the talent around him would be great.