ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

"Have We Learned Nothing"

OutsideRzAcE

Remember when Suggs said this after we kept allowing game turning blindside strip sacks of Flacco against the Steelers?

You're the Ravens. You've battle back from an early deficit to take the lead against the Bengals. It's late in the 4th quarter and the Bengals are far from FG range. What do you do? WHAT DO YOU DO?

FIND THE BEST FUCKING RECEIVER ON THE OTHER TEAM AND PROTECT AGAINST THE DEEP PASS. It's not fucking rocket science. Dalton does it every time! We should be so well prepared for it we should be picking these desperation bombs off. Instead we keep letting this happen time after time after time.

We learned the defense is not as good as the number would indicate, not matter what "plays" they made prior to the last drive, when they are forced to make a stop to win the game, they cannot, just like last year.

Defense played fine. Joe cost us this game.

Defense played fine. Joe cost us this game.

I'll give you the offense, the play calling included, but all on Joe, nope. Of his 17 or so incompletions, a good 7 had to be throw aways because no one was open & or he had no time. One of the picks was not on him, but on torrey who can't run a route and ran into a defender, on a timing throw nonetheless.

But the defense allowed Redhead to only have seven incompletes, 7, and allowed them to drive the field routinely. Yes, they made two good plays to set up easy scores for the offense. However, half a yard to go, with two tries and the the team can't get the ball in to start the game? Aiken lets the ball go right through his hands on a perfect pass (horrible play call though). Shoot, he catches it or they just kick the field goal Ravens win.

As usual, Harbs made another bad call.

Let's refocus this thread on the main issue today. With the game on the line, our coaches and/or players are too dumb to prevent what EVERYONE knew was coming. Dalton isn't some clutch precision QB. He just isn't afraid to chuck it up for grabs. No deep bomb to Sanu on that last drive, no loss today. It's as simple as that. Someone said they miss Ed Reed in the game thread today. We really miss his smarts in the secondary. A leader who is smart enough to understand situational football and opponent tendencies.

Let's refocus this thread on the main issue today. With the game on the line, our coaches and/or players are too dumb to prevent what EVERYONE knew was coming. Dalton isn't some clutch precision QB. He just isn't afraid to chuck it up for grabs. No deep bomb to Sanu on that last drive, no loss today. It's as simple as that. Someone said they miss Ed Reed in the game thread today. We really miss his smarts in the secondary. A leader who is smart enough to understand situational football and opponent tendencies.

The thing is, they had the perfect play call on, zone to that side. The players were even in position to stop the pass, they both just stink and missed it entirely. There is not much more that can be done. I do agree, I would not have called for an all out blitz on 3rd & 10 when they need to drive the field for a touchdown.

The thing is, they had the perfect play call on, zone to that side. The players were even in position to stop the pass, they both just stink and missed it entirely. There is not much more that can be done. I do agree, I would not have called for an all out blitz on 3rd & 10 when they need to drive the field for a touchdown.

Two Bengal bombs - week1 and today - the difference between us being 7-1 and 5-3.

Btw- was Will Hill in on the bombs to Sanu ? Anyone ?

No, Franks and Brooks. So a rookie and a bum. We can debate if Pees had the right play call on but clearly his players weren't prepared for it and that's on him and his secondary coach.

He had 2 guys om him so you really can't fault Pees on that. Players got to make the play. I hate Pees so you know I'd blame him if I thought he deserved it on that play. This team needs a complete secondary overhaul.

B.S. The secondary coach and the D coordinator set the personnel and coverages during the game. There is no way Dominique Franks and Brooks should have been anywhere on the field against a hot Muhammed Sanu. That's called being outcoached in the matchups, the very thing Pees got dismissed in New England. It is my sincere hope that if Rex Ryan gets dismissed by the Jets, he'll resign with the Ravens. This is unexceptable.

Yep. Which is why we must absolutely pound the rock in the Burgh Sunday night. And we cannot abandon the run, esp. with our "skeleton crew" of WR/TEs.

Yep, pound the dang rock, keep Ben off the field, and when he's on the field, blitz his butt all night. It worked on Matty Ice 2 weeks ago (albeit with a crappy ATL line).