ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

And Just Like That...

deeshopper

Yep. I think the black n gold are poised to reciprocate from the Butt kicking we laid on them last month. We always seem to split with these boys. And with our wounded secondary, I am sure Ben will put up gawdy fantasy type numbers again. When's our bye ?

I thought they were on a bye yesterday... But I agree, a stomping is coming that will shake up this team, show them to take a real look at it and the semi over haul it needs on offense.

This past Sunday showed how good the Ravens are and aren't. They are an average team. They can beat up on the little guys but can't beat the quality teams. They need more talent. Torrey Brown disappeared this year...Campanero was having a great game until he pulled the hamstring...Pitta went down (and may not make it back)...Daniels was out against the Bengals...No one could take Pitta's place and no one now can take Daniels. The defensive backfield is a mess. What happened to Will Hill? Did he even play Sunday? With Jimmy Smith out I'm surprised Dalton didn't have a better day.

Jeff Zrebiec said it better than me:

"The Sun’s Jeff Zrebiec agrees, pointing to a 53-yard reception by Bengals receiver Mohamed Sanu that set up the game winner when the Ravens had the lead in the fourth quarter.

“Dominique Franks and Terrence Brooks absolutely can't get beat deep on that 53-yard reception by Mohamed Sanu. But it happened,” he wrote.
“All the attention in the days ahead is going to be on the offensive pass interference … but it shouldn't be. … Joe Flacco needs to play much better. The receivers need to do a better job against press coverage. The defense has to make stops at the end of the game. That should be the focus, not the offensive pass interference call.”

Jeff Zrebiec said it better than me:

"The Sun’s Jeff Zrebiec agrees, pointing to a 53-yard reception by Bengals receiver Mohamed Sanu that set up the game winner when the Ravens had the lead in the fourth quarter.

“Dominique Franks and Terrence Brooks absolutely can't get beat deep on that 53-yard reception by Mohamed Sanu. But it happened,” he wrote.
“All the attention in the days ahead is going to be on the offensive pass interference … but it shouldn't be. … Joe Flacco needs to play much better. The receivers need to do a better job against press coverage. The defense has to make stops at the end of the game. That should be the focus, not the offensive pass interference call.”

Agreed.

There are players on this team who are not Ravens.

I happen to think with OD out, they should move Brown to tight end when wanting to utilize that position in the passing game. Just have him liune up there and let him run their routes. He would be a match up nightmare, eating up linebackers. He is currently useless as a wide out. I had higher hopes for him, maybe next year wil be better for him.

Wasn't it Brooks who also did not get over in time in the first Bengals game when Green went for the game winning bomb?

This past Sunday showed how good the Ravens are and aren't. They are an average team. They can beat up on the little guys but can't beat the quality teams. They need more talent. Torrey Brown disappeared this year...Campanero was having a great game until he pulled the hamstring...Pitta went down (and may not make it back)...Daniels was out against the Bengals...No one could take Pitta's place and no one now can take Daniels. The defensive backfield is a mess. What happened to Will Hill? Did he even play Sunday? With Jimmy Smith out I'm surprised Dalton didn't have a better day.

According to the game book he did and so did McPhee, who I wondered if he played.... They were both no shows, well, Hill had 1 tackle, McPhee had 1/2 a tackle and 1 qb hit, but little to no pressures. Dumervil only had one tackle and no, zip, nadda, 0 qb hits..... or sacks.......

According to the game book he did and so did McPhee, who I wondered if he played.... They were both no shows, well, Hill had 1 tackle, McPhee had 1/2 a tackle and 1 qb hit, but little to no pressures. Dumervil only had one tackle and no, zip, nadda, 0 qb hits..... or sacks.......

Well that is pathetic. Give them an "F" for the day too.

There are players on this team who are not Ravens.

Well put.

I'm getting especially pisssed by receivers who break off their routes and don't complete the. Is it really that tough to do. Seems like every week I hear one of our receivers has done that.

And Just Like That......

On the flip side, if the Ravens lose at Heinz Field Sunday and the Browns beat the Buccaneers (1-6), the Ravens could return to Baltimore Monday in last place in the division. The Ravens could go from first to last in two weeks. http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/Ravens-Still-In-Position-For-AFC-North-Crown/a701dbf4-16f5-4f94-a862-c1ab6c2255a5