ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Does anybody think that Ben is going to have a field day?

Tornado700

Martavis Bryant brings a whole new dimension to this offense and gives Ben what he has been screaming for. If I were the Ravens I wouldn't blitz him once. So far this year teams are were only blitzing him roughly 17% of the time and his stats went n9t blitzed aren't that staggering. The colts blitz him 40% percent of the game and he lit them up. His stats when blitz are staggering. I think he is second in completion percentage and first in TD passes when blitzed. When did anyone think the Steelers would have the number 3 offense with the leading We the number 2 qb and the number 3 rushing rb who is number 1 in total yards. The only problem is with that horrid defense they need all those 3. I'm thinking this is going to be a shoot out. The ravens WRs struggle with bump and run and the steelers never do that so we will see.

Martavis Bryant brings a whole new dimension to this offense and gives Ben what he has been screaming for. If I were the Ravens I wouldn't blitz him once. So far this year teams are were only blitzing him roughly 17% of the time and his stats went n9t blitzed aren't that staggering. The colts blitz him 40% percent of the game and he lit them up. His stats when blitz are staggering. I think he is second in completion percentage and first in TD passes when blitzed. When did anyone think the Steelers would have the number 3 offense with the leading We the number 2 qb and the number 3 rushing rb who is number 1 in total yards. The only problem is with that horrid defense they need all those 3. I'm thinking this is going to be a shoot out. The ravens WRs struggle with bump and run and the steelers never do that so we will see.

Yet he has the most sacks in the league, if he's as good as you want to believe then why are you all not in first place?

Yet he has the most sacks in the league, if he's as good as you want to believe then why are you all not in first place?

the sacks aren't from blitzes they are from lineman getting beat one on one. Hopefully they learned something or a switch went off or once again it could be Ben making the right reads against blitzes but of his 49 drop back the colts were credited with one pressure and that was a guy laying on the ground that happened to grab bens foot.

We have all been here before.....

OWINGS MILLS -- With only three healthy cornerbacks on the roster and a red-hot quarterback awaiting them in Pittsburgh, the Ravens have every right to be concerned.

That's because they have been here before.

The parallels between the Nov. 2 Ravens-Steelers clash at Heinz Field and the 2007 meeting at the same venue are startling and ominous.

Then, as now, the teams met in a prime-time game.

Then, as now, the Ravens were depleted in the secondary, mostly by a lack of depth and a knee ligament tear incurred by three-time Pro Bowl corner Chris McAlister a few weeks earlier.

Second-year small-school draftees David Pittman and Derrick Martin, as well as 2006 undrafted free agent Ronnie Prude, were forced into extended playing time alongside veteran journeyman Corey Ivy as Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger threw five first-half touchdown passes in a 38-7 Monday night romp.

Then, as now, Roethlisberger looks to be at the top of his game; he is currently riding the high of a six-touchdown, 522-yard performance in a Week Eight win against Indianapolis.

Then, as now, the Steelers were honoring their past. In 2007, the franchise's 75th anniversary team was celebrated at halftime. This year, defensive tackle Joe Greene's No. 75 jersey will be retired. http://www.pressboxonline.com/2014/10/29/could-depleted-ravens-be-heading-into-hornets-nest-at-heinz-field

Then again...maybe not....

But it looks like the Ravens are the ones who have had Roethlisberger's number lately. The Ravens have beaten him in four of the last five meetings, recording as many interceptions (five) as touchdowns allowed (five). His passer rating against the the Ravens since 2011 is an extremely mediocre 78.2. http://espn.go.com/blog/baltimore-ravens/post/_/id/14892/do-the-ravens-have-big-bens-number