ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Say no to T.O.

cravnravn

One team that has been rumored to have interest in Owens is the Baltimore Ravens, the team that has been perpetually one or two offensive weapons away from the Super Bowl for the last decade. They now have the franchise quarterback in Joe Flacco(notes), and as head coach John Harbaugh said during his Saturday press conference at the Scouting Combine, the interest is legitimate -- and this is before the end of the league year, when coaches and GMs aren't supposed to talk about upcoming free agents yet!

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Where-will-T-O-go-?urn=nfl,224799

One team that has been rumored to have interest in Owens is the Baltimore Ravens, the team that has been perpetually one or two offensive weapons away from the Super Bowl for the last decade. They now have the franchise quarterback in Joe Flacco(notes), and as head coach John Harbaugh said during his Saturday press conference at the Scouting Combine, the interest is legitimate -- and this is before the end of the league year, when coaches and GMs aren't supposed to talk about upcoming free agents yet!

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Where-will-T-O-go-?urn=nfl,224799

Dont want him; dont need him. We have our aging vet in Derek Mason. Besides, why would we want a player whose team improves after his departure - see Dallas Cowboys last year. Nuff said.

Dont want him; dont need him. We have our aging vet in Derek Mason. Besides, why would we want a player whose team improves after his departure - see Dallas Cowboys last year. Nuff said.

I think Peter Schmuck of the Sun says it best: " If T.O. could guarantee that he'd catch 50 balls next year and make two game-winning plays, would you want him?" I am going with coach Harbaugh on this one, I am interested in any player that could make this team better. TO put up impressive numbers on a horrible Bills team last year and he did not cause any team drama. TO gave the Eagles one very good year where he put them in Super Bowl contention, I will take one good year of TO for the potential baggage that could follow. Here is the key with TO, if you win, he's fine. He is at that point in his career where he knows he has to win a Super Bowl. The guy is still a top receiver, I'll take him.

I have heard conflicting reports on whether we are truly interested in him or not, we will just have to see this one out. In my opinion, this could come down to a desparation move by Ozzie. It is looking like the Cards want a second rounder and change for Boldin, Marshall is going to cost too much, and so are Floyd and Jackson. That leaves TO as the best of the rest. This team is desparate for receivers, and TO is desparate for a winning team to play on, it could be a match.

All TO does is catch balls when it doesn't matter. His stats are inflated. When the game is on the line, he drops balls and chokes. Leave this guy with the bottom feeders, this is where he belongs.

If we want a true legit WR we're going to have to pony the dough or draft one.

I think we should go after Boldin, we can get him at a reasonable price. Pair him with Mason and a rookie. Hopefully the rookie will flourish with the other two on the field.

TO is a waste of time. I won't deny his abilities, but who needs them when he has trouble in pressure situations and has been an absolute cancer to teams in the past?

I don't see how he can help the offense get better.

Ozzie won't handicap Flacco with 2 36 year old receivers (Owens and Mason)...that would be like having Ray Rice play in cement shoes. They need speed there...field stretchers...burners....some young guys who can grow with Joe.

At this stage of his career, Cory Ivy can cover him.

I would treat TO as a last resort option! He's old as dirt and a bitch! Not to mention he screwed us over once before so we should definitely not open our doors and our wallet for his aged services. I would rather sign Kevin Walter than TO!

I don't see how he can help the offense get better.

Ozzie won't handicap Flacco with 2 36 year old receivers (Owens and Mason)...that would be like having Ray Rice play in cement shoes. They need speed there...field stretchers...burners....some young guys who can grow with Joe.

At this stage of his career, Cory Ivy can cover him.

I am sorry, but that last statement is simply untrue. TO is still very much a elite talent in this league who can score from any point on the field. Ask the Jaguar corners who tried to guard him when he errupted for 9 catches for 197 yards and a TD in week 11. We do not have a playmaker at reciever on this team that can blow up for that type production any given Sunday. The guy averaged 15.1 YPC this past. Like him or not, he can still get deep and rack up some serious YAC, and defenses have to account for him. Like Schmuck said, if TO could guarantee you 55 recpetions for 800+ yards and 5 TD and win two games for you, you take him.

Who did TO have throwing to him this season? No one, that's who. TO did not lose any physical ability last year in Buffalo. As much as you guys might hate him, the guy works harder than anyone in the league at keeping his body in peak physical condition. With a QB like Joe, you have to think he could return to his 2007 and 2008 production when he had a good QB throwing to him (81 receptions, 1355 yards, 15 TDs in 15 games in 2007, 69 receptions, 1052 yards, 10 TDs in 16 games in 2008). Everyone says how a guy like Mason is getting better with age and everyone expects the same production from Mason if he comes back. Well, TO has aged the same if not better than Mason, he is still an elite talent.

Even with that said, TO is a last resort for this team. If we cannot get one of Boldin, Marshall, Jackson, or Floyd, TO will be in the mix, believe that. And what if Mason leaves us for another team or retirment? You better believe TO will be in the mix. This team is built to win now, and if we will not go into the season with Stallworth as our #1 receiver. Nevertheless, TO is a last resort considering how much Ozzie hates him. I think Ozzie would rather bring Mason and Clayton back, bring in a guy like Kevin Walter (I hear we like him a lot), trade for Boldin/Floyd and/or draft a receiver, and have Stallworth. That should be fine. No true #1 receiver, but you have 5/6 quality guys with different talents.

Mr Cleet, his numbers have been going south prior to last season, and that was with Romo as his QB.

This should not even be an option for the Ravens. His attitude, his prior dealings with Baltimore should set off warning lights. And we dont need a bandaid for Flacco, we need a younger WR (Boldin) that can give Joe 4-6 years, not someone that has maybe 1-2 years left in him.

Mr Cleet, his numbers have been going south prior to last season, and that was with Romo as his QB.

This should not even be an option for the Ravens. His attitude, his prior dealings with Baltimore should set off warning lights. And we dont need a bandaid for Flacco, we need a younger WR (Boldin) that can give Joe 4-6 years, not someone that has maybe 1-2 years left in him.

You wouldn't take 69 receptions for 1052 yards and 10 TDs? Of course we want the younger, stud receiver. What I am saying is that is worst comes to worst, TO would not be a bad option.

Along with those 69 receptions you want to put up with his antics?? You know we are a run first team, and when the weather gets bad, and we're pounding teams into submission, and Leons not getting his touches, what do you think will happen?? As soon as the game is over he'll be on his website bitching..Flacco thru the ball 10 times in our playoff demolition of the Pats..Leon would have none of that..

Wheres our leon emiticon :)

Along with those 69 receptions you want to put up with his antics?? You know we are a run first team, and when the weather gets bad, and we're pounding teams into submission, and Leons not getting his touches, what do you think will happen?? As soon as the game is over he'll be on his website bitching..Flacco thru the ball 10 times in our playoff demolition of the Pats..Leon would have none of that..

Wheres our leon emiticon :)

He didn't give the Bills any trouble last season and their team was a wreck. Harbaugh, Flacco, and Ray have a strong grip on this team. We had a roller coaster ride last season and the locker room stayed strong throughout it all. The same could not be said for when Billick had similar seasons. We are a winning team, and as long as we are winning there will be no problems. TO just wants to win, he knows he needs the Super Bowl to cement his legacy as a Hall of Famer. Like I said, I do not think this move will happen, but I think TO would have a lot to offer for this team. I would take one-year of TO if it helped me get to the Super Bowl, but obviously I would prefer getting someone like Boldin.

Can we have our resident Stat guy pull up how many receiving TDs the ravens have this decade BY RECEIVER not RB,TE. I bet T.O. has more single handedly than our whole franchise. He might not be what he used to be but he is still an upgrade over every receiver on our team. Im sorry but as great as Mason is, he is not a home run threat at all. And you might as well throw the buffalo stats out the window, i mean come on, anyone who thought T.O. would put up 1500 yards and 10 tds in that offense is retarded. Lee Evans is better than derrick mason but you'll never find out because Buffalo has no QB.

Can we have our resident Stat guy pull up how many receiving TDs the ravens have this decade BY RECEIVER not RB,TE. I bet T.O. has more single handedly than our whole franchise. He might not be what he used to be but he is still an upgrade over every receiver on our team. Im sorry but as great as Mason is, he is not a home run threat at all. And you might as well throw the buffalo stats out the window, i mean come on, anyone who thought T.O. would put up 1500 yards and 10 tds in that offense is retarded. Lee Evans is better than derrick mason but you'll never find out because Buffalo has no QB.

Here goes, crab. Owens first, Ravens WRs second, Bold Ravens WR wins.

2009: 5-12

2008: 10-10

2007: 15-8

2006: 13-10

2005: 6-7

2004: 14-7

2003: 9-9

2002: 13-9

2001: 16-13

2001: 13-13

1999: 4-16

1998: 14-13

1997: 8-19

1996: 4-26

So Ravens WRs win 172-144 (Only recieving TDs), take away the Ravens and Owens first two years and Owens win from 1998-2009.

So Owens is probably declining, can he make another monster season.. I wont bet against.

I am (silent) with Cleetz on this one. And I take him any day over Stallworth who I believe is not an upgrade to Mason and clayton.

Owens physical presence is something unreal for the Ravens passing game, and still is I think.

If we can sign T.O. to a cheap, incentive-laden deal, then I'm all for it. Having TO, Mason, Stallworth, and a draft pick next year would set us up to have an explosive offense. Anyone who doesn't think TO still has it clearly hasn't seem him play lately. Yes, he's old, but he is one of the best athletes I have ever seen in my life, hands down.

If we can sign T.O. to a cheap, incentive-laden deal, then I'm all for it. Having TO, Mason, Stallworth, and a draft pick next year would set us up to have an explosive offense. Anyone who doesn't think TO still has it clearly hasn't seem him play lately. Yes, he's old, but he is one of the best athletes I have ever seen in my life, hands down.

Im sorry, but the Ravens are not a win at all cost team..Do you really want to take a chance on him whan you know we are a run, run team...He would destroy any chemistry..And Ray is not his keeper, its not Rays responsibility to keep Leon in check..

Im sorry, but the Ravens are not a win at all cost team..Do you really want to take a chance on him whan you know we are a run, run team...He would destroy any chemistry..And Ray is not his keeper, its not Rays responsibility to keep Leon in check..

Yes, I do. Did you hear a peep out of him last year in Buffalo? No. The guy knows his years are limited and he seems to finally be maturing at the fine age of 36. We now have a QB that can get him the ball, and a team that can win a championship, so I believe he wouldn't be a problem. Of course, it is TO, so I guess anything can happen.