ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Offense did their job

vmax

3. It's amazing that Joe Flacco lost this game. The Ravens' offense had reached the red zone seven times in eight drives before getting the ball with just over 30 seconds left. Flacco made a number of terrific plays, often improvised and on the run. The Chargers' defense forced Baltimore to kick too many field goals. Anyone blaming Flacco for this one didn't watch the game.

-- Gregg Rosenthal

• Upvote 1

I'm not really debating whether a different play call by the Ravens would have gotten the first or not. Who knows. I was really just saying it was so easy for the Chargers to drive down the field that I dont think 30 seconds less stops them.

Well, with all that time left and one touchdown, players know they have plenty of time to get down there, in poisition to score. Take away the time & or the time out they rush a bit more. Maybe they still score, but they certainly have less of a chance to do so. I can't say they would have gotten the first down, but we know for sure, more time would have gone off the clock & or they use their last time out.

3. It's amazing that Joe Flacco lost this game. The Ravens' offense had reached the red zone seven times in eight drives before getting the ball with just over 30 seconds left. Flacco made a number of terrific plays, often improvised and on the run. The Chargers' defense forced Baltimore to kick too many field goals. Anyone blaming Flacco for this one didn't watch the game.

-- Gregg Rosenthal

2 dropped touchdowns, one dropped pass that was likely run in for a touchdown. The only people who should be mentioned for loss responsibility are defensive coaches & or head coach.

2 dropped touchdowns, one dropped pass that was likely run in for a touchdown. The only people who should be mentioned for loss responsibility are defensive coaches & or head coach.

Agreed, but unfortunately it will not be, it will be brought up the entire day of our red zone failures.

Agreed, but unfortunately it will not be, it will be brought up the entire day of our red zone failures.

Did you see the catches the Chargers receivers were making for touchdowns? Ball and arm of defender, the most difficult catch to make. Yet the Raven receivers can make the normal difficult, contested catch or even the wide freaking open one. Even the one T Smith made lunging, he bobbled all the way to the ground, but managed to hang on to.....No, we don't need new receivers.........

-- Gregg Rosenthal

It was an entire offensive effort except Justin who played like a complete stud.

Exactly grubber, we put 33 points on the board yet somehow its one man's fault.

When the DB's are in tatters 33 just isn't enough.

I seen it, and I do think we have a play maker in Marlon Brown, unfortunate play that took him out of the game.

It was one game from Marlon. I hope he steps up but this season so far has left me wondering.

We've been spoiled and the past two seasons have been hard to watch. We need a stud receiver and new TE.

A healthy Jimmy Smith would have been nice too. New CB...

Gillmore might be a real find. I love the catch that was called back. A whole yr learning might make him pretty good.

We need Webb's replacement, he's either still hurt or on the decline, wwe also need another safety Elam is lost out there. And a tight end.

So you wish they would have given up on Jimmy Smith. In his 2nd yr some here thought he was a bust. Webby I think is hurt. Maybe next yr he can bounce back.

Damn, yeah...where the hell was Webb?

Hurt I think.

Pap, it was not one game from Brown, last year he was a big piece to the redzone offense. He has the hands, the size, just no quickness nor speed. A good redzone target, but not a one or two receiver regularly.

Ratsa, Joe fell short? 12 incompletions, 5 of them drops, two of those for touchdowns, another one likely a touchdown if caught. I would dare say of the 7 that were not dropped, 4 were purposely thrown away because of no time in the pocket or no one was open. I would say the receivers and the offensive line fell short, but not Flacco....

I am thinking he and Torrey have issues with the WCO. I didn't hear it but it was explained to me that Vinny was evaluating the NO game. He was saying they dumbed down the offense. We heard Kubes mention that going into the bye. What Vinny was saying is they sort of threw out the WCO and the WR's at least Torrey run a dedicated play regardless of what the DB is showing. Joe pops the ball before they come out of the break.

Since Marlon seems to have had many of the same issues I think he is not adjusting to th eWCO well. They could have dumbed it down for him too.

Now if this is true how long will it last before the D's break it down and it stops working. That is the beauty of the WCO that if the CB lines up to the inside you go outside. If he is outside you go inside. But the WR and the QB both need to see the same thing to make it work.

FWIW. Joe and the offense put up 33 points against the 7th rated D in the NFL. SD is a good team as evidenced by their 8-4 record and likely WC berth.

Yes, Joe got us in the red zone and we settled for 4 FGs. But we had too many dropsies at critical moments; Joe cant throw and catch the ball, too.

This L is on the D, mostly the makeshift secondary and their inability to cover and finish, with an assist from the refs.

FWIW2- Jimmy Smith is SORELY missed.

FWIW. Joe and the offense put up 33 points against the 7th rated D in the NFL. SD is a good team as evidenced by their 8-4 record and likely WC berth.

Yes, Joe got us in the red zone and we settled for 4 FGs. But we had too many dropsies at critical moments; Joe cant throw and catch the ball, too.

This L is on the D, mostly the makeshift secondary and their inability to cover and finish, with an assist from the refs.

FWIW2- Jimmy Smith is SORELY missed.

I put it more on the offense as a whole. You can't drop those balls. You have to be a little more accurate with the throws. You have to call plays a little more aggressively. Pierce needs to be more patient in the ZB.

Also I think the team is a little to comfortable with how good Tucker is. When there is a question if your kicker will make it on other teams they go for it. The Ravens don't think twice about running Tucker out.

Jimmy is making so much money not being on the field. By and large the DB's have fallen apart without him.

-- Gregg Rosenthal

Thanks for this. Unfortunetly, whether it's due to racist attitudes, or just plain stupidity, or hatred, some here love to dump on Flacco, There are 21 other guys playing beside Flacco on the Ravens. I'm getting sick of it. Lose a game we should have won and out come the hammers. In my opinion, these are not real Raven fans. Real fans support the team through good and bad. Fake fans just dish it out. So to all you fakers here, BITE ME.

I am thinking he and Torrey have issues with the WCO. I didn't hear it but it was explained to me that Vinny was evaluating the NO game. He was saying they dumbed down the offense. We heard Kubes mention that going into the bye. What Vinny was saying is they sort of threw out the WCO and the WR's at least Torrey run a dedicated play regardless of what the DB is showing. Joe pops the ball before they come out of the break.

Since Marlon seems to have had many of the same issues I think he is not adjusting to th eWCO well. They could have dumbed it down for him too.

Now if this is true how long will it last before the D's break it down and it stops working. That is the beauty of the WCO that if the CB lines up to the inside you go outside. If he is outside you go inside. But the WR and the QB both need to see the same thing to make it work.

LOL. Get a life man.