ExtremeRavens: The Sanctuary

Former Redskins Fan

RavensFanMania

I have been a Redskins fan since 1980 and finally got sick of rooting for such a mismanaged team with an even worse owner. I hope you will have me as I have made the full conversion to being a Ravens fan.

I've always respected the Ravens from the top down.

If there are any other former skins fans on this board, please jump in the conversation.

HTTRavens!

It is ego pure and simple. Just because you are a fan doesn't make you qualified to make football decisions.

Exactly the problem. Dan Snyder is a fan pure and simple. His worst mistake was firing Schottenheimer. I didn't like the control Schottenheimer had, but he had built a nice staff, including the GM of the 49ers, the GM of the Atlanta Falcons and Eric DeCosta was on the staff at one point. I believe it was during his tenure.

When Dan Snyder bought the team he wanted to bring Pepper Rodgers in as coach of the team until there was an uproar among the current coaching staff. Anyway, I agree, his ego is in the way.

Anyway, I'm glad to be rooting for the only Pro Football team in the Area and a great one at that. The Skins are at best a JV squad.

Actually I think his worse move was firing basically everyone when he bought the team. He eliminated a great deal of institutional experience on the way in the door.

Yes, I remember that. I meant coaching or GM related not front office. He was eliminating all of Cooke's connections. If you want to go back further, you could say that Cooke, not leaving the team to his son ruined the team. It's interesting, but John Kent Cooke was on the radio in 2011 and said if he had 6 more months he would have been able to purchase the team because he was starting to put together a solid team.

Anyway, I'd rather talk about the Ravens. I'm sure there are other defectors on the board, am I right?

I've always liked Gary Kubiak and it looks as though the ZBS is doing well in Baltimore. It definitely suits Flacco well. He is having a very good year and his numbers are better than any year he has had so far. 22 TD / 9 Int and 94 qbr. I'd say that's pretty darn good. Of course Gary Kubiak studied under Mike Shanahan, but he has his own tendencies as well. Great offensive mind, hope he doesn't get a HC job somewhere else in the offseason.

Don't wanna hear about DeadSkins glory days or ForeSkins present - over - the - top drama. Leave that bad karma 30 miles south of here. Also Baltimore is a blue collar town and that's the way we like our sports - rough, tough, and black and blue. White collar pinkey finger extended sports talk will not work here. Also, last but not least. you'll have to swear that the Ravens are your one and only love - you Skins fans are well known for being fickle almost as fickle as Squeeler fans.

Don't wanna hear about DeadSkins glory days or ForeSkins present - over - the - top drama. Leave that bad karma 30 miles south of here. Also Baltimore is a blue collar town and that's the way we like our sports - rough, tough, and black and blue. White collar pinkey finger extended sports talk will not work here. Also, last but not least. you'll have to swear that the Ravens are your one and only love - you Skins fans are well known for being fickle almost as fickle as Squeeler fans.

hate the Steelers and have always hated the steelers more than most Ravens fans!!!! I will absolutely swear an oath on the bible that my Ravens are number one and only number one.

Anyway, I'd rather talk about the Ravens. I'm sure there are other defectors on the board, am I right?

No...you're the first one...but I like your attitude as far as not talking about The Potomac Drainage Basin Indigenous Persons and rather talking about the Ravens.

Now...prove that you really want to be a Ravens fan and go in to the ER kitchen and clean up yesterdays dishes from our board party...

user1680_1168925654.jpg :gorave:

Exactly the problem. Dan Snyder is a fan pure and simple. His worst mistake was firing Schottenheimer. I didn't like the control Schottenheimer had, but he had built a nice staff, including the GM of the 49ers, the GM of the Atlanta Falcons and Eric DeCosta was on the staff at one point. I believe it was during his tenure.

When Dan Snyder bought the team he wanted to bring Pepper Rodgers in as coach of the team until there was an uproar among the current coaching staff. Anyway, I agree, his ego is in the way.

Anyway, I'm glad to be rooting for the only Pro Football team in the Area and a great one at that. The Skins are at best a JV squad.

Welcome to the site. I hope you'll still be here at the end of season and going forward. I used to hate the Redskins back in the 60's because they screwed the Colts over when Baltimore got a team. But even I have forgotten about that now. I started to change my opinion when Lombardi went to coach there.

Snyder's a mess to be sure.

Getting back to the Ravens, it seems like every game they've played this year has been a big game. Hard to say what's going to happen after the regular season's over.

No...you're the first one...but I like your attitude as far as not talking about The Potomac Drainage Basin Indigenous Persons and rather talking about the Ravens.

Now...prove that you really want to be a Ravens fan and go in to the ER kitchen and clean up yesterdays dishes from our board party...

user1680_1168925654.jpg :gorave:

LOL!

Yes, I remember that. I meant coaching or GM related not front office. He was eliminating all of Cooke's connections. If you want to go back further, you could say that Cooke, not leaving the team to his son ruined the team. It's interesting, but John Kent Cooke was on the radio in 2011 and said if he had 6 more months he would have been able to purchase the team because he was starting to put together a solid team.

JJC wanted to give all his money to charity. He was a bit of a crazy old man. But Huntsman, Gates, and many other ultra rich are giving all their money away Remember when his wife was driving around with some guy on the hood of her car?

The thing I don't like about the ZBS. It is to finesse for my liking.

JJC wanted to give all his money to charity. He was a bit of a crazy old man. But Huntsman, Gates, and many other ultra rich are giving all their money away Remember when his wife was driving around with some guy on the hood of her car?

I understand where you are coming from regarding finesse, but you can't argue the success that Kubiak and Shanahan had with the Alex Gibbs ZBS